Donald Trump: Syrian refugees might be a terrorist army in disguise | World Defense

Donald Trump: Syrian refugees might be a terrorist army in disguise

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Donald Trump: Syrian refugees might be a terrorist army in disguise - The Washington Post

Donald Trump does not want the United States to host Syrian refugees because he said there's a possibility they might be a massive terrorist army in disguise.

"They could be ISIS -- I don't know," Trump told a crowd of more than 3,500 at a high school here Wednesday night.

Syria has been embroiled in a violent, bloody war for several years that has forced millions of people to flee and seek safety in surrounding countries and in Europe. The United States has recently come under fire for not accepting as many refugees as several other major nations.

But Trump raised questions about these refugees and their intentions.

"Did you ever see a migration like that?" he said. "They're all men, and they're all strong-looking guys... There are so many men; there aren't that many women. And I'm saying to myself: Why aren't they fighting to save Syria? Why are they migrating all over Europe? Seriously."

Trump floated an alternative theory, suggesting that these refugees are perhaps a terrorist army in hiding. He said there are proposals to accept as many as 200,000 refugees in coming years, a number he called "inconceivable." These refugees have "no identification," he said, and it's unknown where exactly they are from.

"Military tactics are very interesting," Trump said. "This could be one of the great tactical ploys of all time. A 200,000 man army, maybe. Or if they sent 50,000 or 80,000 or 100,000... That could be possible. I don't know that it is, but it could be possible."

Trump said that if he is elected president, he will force all Syrian refugees to leave the United States. That promise prompted boisterous applause -- the loudest he received that night.

"They're going back," Trump said. "And if I lose, I guess they're staying. But if I win, they're going back."

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
This person reminds me of Perter Griffin in the Family Guy series.

PeterGriffinFinished2.png

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Dump Trump.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
At the outset that would seem a silly statement by Donald Trump. But looking deeper, there is a sense in it. I had already posted this but I let me repeat. When I was young, I have not seen a Muslim so that burqa-covered head is alien to me. But now there are Muslims everywhere in Metro Manila even if their bailiwick is far down south. And mosques are springing almost anywhere. I have this feeling that they are invading us for something big. Those Syrian refugees may have a hidden agenda... beware.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Muslims deciding they want to live somewhere doesn't necessarily mean that they have ulterior motives. Would anyone be questioning the motives of Christians who move somewhere? I think in future Muslims won't be interested in moving into the West and will instead opt to stay in Asia.

As for Trump and his shenanigans . . .

. . . his demagoguery though it appeals to the lowest common denominator won't secure the GOP nomination for him. Eventually people will tire of his inanity and start paying attention to more worthy candidates.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
In the UK, the word "trump" is a slang word for breaking wind. This guy is certainly talking out of his you know what!

@Redheart, thank you for introducing me to the word "demagoguery". I had to look it up and it's the perfect description of Trump's statement.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
Why is this guy even allowed to run for president? He has to be one of the stupidest persons in the history of America to run for president. I guess it is true when you have money you can do a lot of things.

BrandonA

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
Just another scare tactic from Trump, based on slightly intriguing circumstantial evidence and little more. Everyone loves a good conspiracy theory.

Susimi

Reactions
55 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I really wouldn't call the Syrian refugees an army or terrorists but there are some that are coming for economy and I really would not be surprised if there are a few bundled in there that have malicious intent on their minds.

An army though is laughable. Kinda reminds me of a situation from the Doctor Who episode "Army of Ghosts".

SapnaTheBaller3

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
Now I'm no Trump supporter, nor anything close to it. However his statement does have sense to it, of course. But that's not what the United States is built on, it doesn't deny citizens like that. We represent freedom, and we are the moral to helping others when they fall. Trump is ruining that moral. I'm sure every candidate, heck every person knows that there is a security threat when allowing Syrian Refugees in. Any person that has some sort of knowledge in the American History would know that it's not the best idea to speak publicly about such a thing.

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
The truth is that we don't know. Many of the 'migrants' have apparently been let into various countries without much vetting. Each country has its own rules about who is let in on a regular basis, yet it seems there are quite a few troublemakers in these particular crowds that are being allowed into countries under relaxed rules of migration.

I've also seen many pictures and videos of military aged strong, healthy looking males. I would expect that those would be the ones fighting to protect their communities and countries, but for some reason, they are fleeing, en masse. Obviously there are some women and children in the mix, and clearly, some have left because they were in danger. However, stating that we don't know, and that it would be prudent to pause immigration from areas or groups potentially infiltrated by terrorist factions is not unreasonable.