Drop in numbers. :D | World Defense

Drop in numbers. :D

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
I have had a horrible time deciding how I want to vote in the upcoming presidential election.
I'm going to vote. Not because I feel its my civic duty. I stopped caring about that the moment the government stopped caring about us. I am going to vote because I am a poor woman. Suffragettes' sacrifices shouldn't be in vain. But, also, I like to (metaphorically) spit in the face of anyone who has tried to argue against my vote because I'm poor or a woman.
I've been terrified that it was going to come down to Hillary/Jeb. Then I have to waste my vote on a third party because I won't vote for the lesser of evils this time around. There is no "lesser". But then I read this article and I have a little bit of hope. I'm not religious but I'll pray for their numbers to keep going down.

Polls reflect troubles for Clinton and Bush | OnPolitics

A CNN/ORC poll shows that Clinton — dogged by questions about missing emails and big-money contributions to Bill Clinton’s foundation — has seen her numbers drop on such issues as trustworthiness.

“A growing number of people say she is not honest and trustworthy (57%, up from 49% in March), less than half feel she cares about people like them (47%, down from 53% last July) and more now feel she does not inspire confidence (50%, up from 42% last March),” CNN reports.

An ABC News/Washington Post survey shows similar problems for the Democratic front-runner.

“She’s slipped underwater in personal favorability for the first time since her unsuccessful run for the presidency in 2008,” ABC reports. “She’s deeper in the hole for honesty and trustworthiness — down 5 points in just two months and 12 points in the last year.”

That said, the polls show Clinton has a massive lead over Democratic primary opponents Bernie Sanders, Martin O’Malley and others.

Clinton also leads potential Republican challengers, though those margins have shrunk in recent weeks.

Whom the Republican nominee might be remains an intriguing question, as the well-funded, well-organized Bush also shows slippage in new polls.

One big reason: his last name.

CNN does report that “only about half of Americans say Jeb Bush is ‘a lot like his brother,’ ” former president George W. Bush. Their father, George H.W. Bush also served as president.

“But most — 56% — say his connection to two former presidents would make them less likely to back him for the presidency,” CNN adds. “Just 27% say that connection would make them more likely to back the former Florida governor.”

One result is a very tight, unformed race among the Republicans, with six or more top candidates well within the margin of error.

Bush, who scored 21% in March, is now down to 10%, according to the ABC poll — “smack alongside Scott Walker and Rand Paul (11% apiece) and Marco Rubio (10%). Mike Huckabee has 9% support, Ted Cruz and Ben Carson, 8% each.”

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
The wage gap myth between women and men is literally that a myth. Women earn the same amount as men when things like danger pay and time off work are taken into account. Men usually do more dangerous jobs, and as a result they get danger pay of some sort. According to Clinton a receptionist who sits behind a desk should be making the same amount of money as a coal miner or lumberjack which are extremely dangerous occupations.

If women want to make more money, then become miners, lumberjacks or metal workers.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
The wage gap myth between women and men is literally that a myth. Women earn the same amount as men when things like danger pay and time off work are taken into account. Men usually do more dangerous jobs, and as a result they get danger pay of some sort. According to Clinton a receptionist who sits behind a desk should be making the same amount of money as a coal miner or lumberjack which are extremely dangerous occupations.

If women want to make more money, then become miners, lumberjacks or metal workers.
Absolutely. When a group wants to fight for equality, it can really start to look like they're actually fighting for favoritism. You should get paid for the job you do, and how well you do it. Sex shouldn't come into the equation at all. If you aren't as strong and you can't do the job as well, you don't get to demand the same amount of pay.