Dropping Gas Prices | Page 3 | World Defense

Dropping Gas Prices

cyberpinoy

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Philippines
Such a significant change? But with the drop in gas, can we expect drop also of prices of other products consumed as frequently as the the gas? And how about the passenger's fee? There must be also a decrease in it, to favour the commuters, and not just those who drive their car and those transportation company. But anyway, this is really a good new to hear. Let's just hope that it continues long.
I doubt you will see decreases in transportation fees. Transportation is one of the largest industries in some countries like Philippines. And you can guarantee the owners of the busses, and taxis are not going to lower their fees. ESPECIALLY in the Philippines. they will get as much off you as they can. heck even now taxi drivers try and get away with not turning on the meters when a foreigner gets in the taxi so they can double or triple charge them. So they certainly are not going to miss out on a profitable opportunity such as a drastic drop in gas prices. that you can be certain of.

However places LIKE USA where the transportation is not owned by a person or a corporation like here in the philippines, IN USA the Public Transportation or Public transits are usually owned by the city. In these cases you could petition or even complain or go as far as protest the cost and possibly get it reduced.

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
Such a significant change? But with the drop in gas, can we expect drop also of prices of other products consumed as frequently as the the gas? And how about the passenger's fee? There must be also a decrease in it, to favour the commuters, and not just those who drive their car and those transportation company. But anyway, this is really a good new to hear. Let's just hope that it continues long.

I really hope that the reduced prices are passed onto the consumer. Child poverty is a big issue and I know for a lot of families gas is a massive expensive for them. I just saw today Diesel Grade at $1 per litre down the road, haven't seen that in about 5 years.

cyberpinoy

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Philippines
There is an interesting development along these lines: Saudi prince: $100-a-barrel oil 'never' again

It is very hard to imagine oil will always stay below a C-Note. Still, it is an interesting glimpse into the thinking of the Saudis.
I do not think its always the Saudi's that really get to determine the actual overall price. At least not as much as they would liek to. I know when GWB was in office he had a really nasty altercation with Saddam Hussein who refused to adjust the price of oil lower so GWB could lie to the American people and overcharge them, allowing american companies, ( keep in mind GWB owned a lot of things in the oil industry mind you) to make even bigger profits than normal. I find it very ironic this man Saddam who was responsible for so many atrocious things would put GWB in his place about ethics of how he treats his own people.

vinceasneed

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
One of the things I have learned is that people adjust to one thing only to be shocked when things get worse. Although gas prices are low, we should use this time build savings for that day when gas prices rise again. When I first start driving, gas was .79 gallon. If I would have known then that gas would have reached nearly 4 dollars, I would have saved more. If I would predicted economic crisis, I would have been more prepared. But I was not which is totally my fault. So now we should take this opportunity to save and be prepared for a gas crisis instead of getting too uncomfortable and spending unwisely. They are saying that gas could stay this low through 2016. That is a decent amount of time to save and prepare.

Muthoni

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Kenya
It happens as well in my region; if the price of gas increases the cost of items already in the shop increase. They do not lower the price of products when the price of gas comes down. Sometimes the government has to come in to send a warning to those hiking the price of products. People will always take advantage of a situation if they can.

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
Yes, that drop would be expected 003, but isn't it happening right now? Everyone wants to hold profit for a few more days, and we just continue to pay.

kd3pc

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
sadly for most of us, the "savings" of using cheaper gasoline, will never make it back to us. Several states are already whining about "lower fuel tax revenue" coming in, since the tax is tied to the price of gasoline. They want to raise the tax, NOW, to get the same dollar amounts flowing back in to their treasuries.

Even sadder, these taxes never go away, they just become the new baseline for more "tax" the next time fuel prices drop a few cents.

freeofcharge

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
I think it's important to remember that the holidays have just ended. You'll likely see some dropping in food and retail pricing around your area. It also depends which area of the country you live in. On the East Coast we've seen massive improvements in all of our pricing lately especially the cost of housing in certain areas. Gas going down right now at the very least allows a lot of businesses to lower their cost of doing business. Should they decide to use that to make a hire profit margin, you'll feel that. Should they decide to throw you a bone, you'll feel that too. I wouldn't anticipate as much of the ladder

gmckee1985

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
Gas prices are around $1.70 per gallon in my area. I hope these lower gas prices last a long time. Its definitely a positive for the economy. As I, and other consumers have more money to put into other sectors of the economy.