Egypt will buy Type 071 LPD | World Defense

Egypt will buy Type 071 LPD

Timsah

Reactions
129 2 0
Country
Egypt
Egypt is in the process of purchasing a type-71 Amphibious landing craft for the transport and landing of tanks, armored personnel carriers and soldiers, as well as the possibility and possibility of buying the ZBD05 Amphibious Infantry Vehicles, military official website Military.China.com reported.

This comes after Egypt bought the two Amphibious attack ships helicopters carrying French "Mistral" (LHD Landing Helicopter Dock), which confirmed the need for Egypt's (LPD) Landing Platform Dock, which belongs to the Type-071.

The Type-071 is a 19,000-tonne 210-meter-long ship capable of carrying four 13-ton helicopters, 18-tank or 60-armored vehicles and up to 800 troops, with a range of 19,000 km. It is equipped with a 76-mm multi-function AK-176 cannon and four AK-630 Air defense systems against approaching air threats, which is similar to the US Falanx system..
an image of a 071 LPD
LPD.jpg

Timsah

Reactions
129 2 0
Country
Egypt
How is Egypt getting? Looks like Eygpt is building up against Turkey very quickly.

Saudi financing is helping us, and yes we are building up against Turkey because of their aggression. during the visit, it was also said we expressed interest in the Type 052D and Type 054A, I really hope we get the destroyers

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
Saudi financing is helping us, and yes we are building up against Turkey because of their aggression. during the visit, it was also said we expressed interest in the Type 052D and Type 054A, I really hope we get the destroyers

Oops I was actually trying to say how many did Egypt order of those babies. This is deadly. I hope Eygpt does not neglect other branches of the army. I heard the US has cut military aid how credible is that?

Training vessels (5)
Tugboats (8+)
Fuel tankers (9)
Transport ships (2+)
Mine warfare vessels (23)
Submarine chasers (8)
Fast attack craft (45+)
Landing craft (18)
Corvettes (7)
Frigates (11)
Submarines (4)
Mistral-class amphibious assault ship
Type 209/1400mod-class submarine
FREMM Aquitaine-class frigate
Oliver Hazard Perry-class frigate
Knox-class frigate
Gowind-class corvette
Pohang-class corvette
Descubierta-class corvette
Polnocny-A-class landing ship
Vydra-class landing ship
EDA-R class
CTM-NG
Ambassador MK III missile craft
P-32 Molniya-class missile craft
October-class missile boat
Type 024 missile boat
Osa-class missile boat
Ramadan-class missile boat
Tiger-class missile boat
Shanghai II-class gunboat
Hainan-class submarine chaser
T43-class minesweeper
Yurka-class minesweeper
Dhat Al Sawari-class minehunter
Osprey-class minehunter
Safaga-class route survey boat
Pluto Plus-class minehunter
Tuima-class minelayer boat
Type 701E transport ship
Westerwald-class transport ship
Poluchat-II-class boat
Toplivo II-class tanker
Okhtenskiy-class oceangoing tug
Natick-class harbor tug
Black Swan-class frigate
El Mahrousa super yacht
Intisar training ship
El Kousseir yacht
Z-class destroyer
Egyptian Coast Guard
The Egyptian Coast Guard is responsible for the onshore protection of public installations near the coast and the patrol of coastal waters to prevent smuggling.
Patrol boats
  • 22 Timsah I/II class
  • 12 Sea Spectre PB Mk III class
  • 9 Swiftships class
  • 6 MV70 class
  • 5 P-6 (Project 183) class
  • 3 Textron class
Patrol crafts
  • 25 Swiftships 26m class
  • 16 SR.N6 class
  • 9 Type 83 class
  • 6 Crestitalia class
  • 12 Spectre class
  • 12 Peterson class
  • 5 Nisr class
  • 29 DC-30 class
  • 3 of 6 MRTP-20 Yonka Onuk MRTP-20 class

Timsah

Reactions
129 2 0
Country
Egypt
Oops I was actually trying to say how many did Egypt order of those babies. This is deadly. I hope Eygpt does not neglect other branches of the army. I heard the US has cut military aid how credible is that?

Submarines (4)
Frigates (11)
Corvettes (7)
Landing craft (18)
Fast attack craft (45+)
Submarine chasers (8)
Mine warfare vessels (23)
Transport ships (2+)
Fuel tankers (9)
Tugboats (8+)
Training vessels (5)
Mistral-class amphibious assault ship
Type 209/1400mod-class submarine
FREMM Aquitaine-class frigate
Oliver Hazard Perry-class frigate
Knox-class frigate
Gowind-class corvette
Pohang-class corvette
Descubierta-class corvette
Polnocny-A-class landing ship
Vydra-class landing ship
EDA-R class
CTM-NG
Ambassador MK III missile craft
P-32 Molniya-class missile craft
October-class missile boat
Type 024 missile boat
Osa-class missile boat
Ramadan-class missile boat
Tiger-class missile boat
Shanghai II-class gunboat
Hainan-class submarine chaser
T43-class minesweeper
Yurka-class minesweeper
Dhat Al Sawari-class minehunter
Osprey-class minehunter
Safaga-class route survey boat
Pluto Plus-class minehunter
Tuima-class minelayer boat
Type 701E transport ship
Westerwald-class transport ship
Poluchat-II-class boat
Toplivo II-class tanker
Okhtenskiy-class oceangoing tug
Natick-class harbor tug
Black Swan-class frigate
El Mahrousa super yacht
Intisar training ship
El Kousseir yacht
Z-class destroyer
Egyptian Coast Guard
The Egyptian Coast Guard is responsible for the onshore protection of public installations near the coast and the patrol of coastal waters to prevent smuggling.
Patrol boats
  • 22 Timsah I/II class
  • 12 Sea Spectre PB Mk III class
  • 9 Swiftships class
  • 6 MV70 class
  • 5 P-6 (Project 183) class
  • 3 Textron class
Patrol crafts
  • 25 Swiftships 26m class
  • 16 SR.N6 class
  • 9 Type 83 class
  • 6 Crestitalia class
  • 12 Spectre class
  • 12 Peterson class
  • 5 Nisr class
  • 29 DC-30 class
  • 3 of 6 MRTP-20 Yonka Onuk MRTP-20 class
we only have 1 071 LPD in talks as of now, because we have 2 Mistrals the ones formerly built for Russia. ours ties with the US have actually increased since Trump came into power so far we have ordered 10 AH-64E, 1,000 more MRAPs, 56,000 tank rounds for the M1 Abrams, negotiations for the F-16V upgrade for some F-16s to name a few.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia

Egypt can actually ally with Greece to kick Turkey away not to prospect for gas around the territorial waters of Greece and Cyprus.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
we only have 1 071 LPD in talks as of now, because we have 2 Mistrals the ones formerly built for Russia. ours ties with the US have actually increased since Trump came into power so far we have ordered 10 AH-64E, 1,000 more MRAPs, 56,000 tank rounds for the M1 Abrams, negotiations for the F-16V upgrade for some F-16s to name a few.

Will the F-16 upgrade be done locally?

Timsah

Reactions
129 2 0
Country
Egypt
Egypt can actually ally with Greece to kick Turkey away not to prospect for gas around the territorial waters of Greece and Cyprus.
we been conducting a ton of exercises with Greece, but remember they might get attacked first if a conflict with Turkey breaks and we also need to be able to defend ourselves, that's why we been on the buying spree lately.

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
Egypt was once a formidable military power in the region, and under Sisi they are again trying to make a mark. But there economy is weak.

PewPew

Reactions
309 9 0
Country
Pakistan
tbh I don't know if the Saudis can bankroll this much. There's a limit in Riyadh too. I think your military leaders are putting some of the profits Egypt's military companies make towards procurement. Pakistan is now trying to move towards this model as well. But the point I'm making is that Egypt's procurement is more independent than we give credit for.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
tbh I don't know if the Saudis can bankroll this much. There's a limit in Riyadh too. I think your military leaders are putting some of the profits Egypt's military companies make towards procurement. Pakistan is now trying to move towards this model as well. But the point I'm making is that Egypt's procurement is more independent than we give credit for.
Pak should have done this long time ago

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0

Saudis have been doing this for decades. The following Mrage5's in France, before delivery. They were never inducted into RSAF.