Last edited:

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
I have not been to Pakistan for Eid Ul Adha for the past 18 years :(

My dad's batman (who is still with us 44 years and counting) is from interior sindh. So we would get a small calf and it would be raised with their stock for more than a year and would be brought to Karachi a day or two before Eid. It was always a highlight because the bull was always beautiful, grass and hand fed over the years. I miss it.
We still have qurbani done at Karachi. This bull is for this year's qurbani. Mashallah, may Allah accept our sacrifice.

AliYusuf

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
I have not been to Pakistan for Eid Ul Adha for the past 18 years :(

My dad's batman (who is still with us 44 years and counting) is from interior sindh. So we would get a small calf and it would be raised with their stock for more than a year and would be brought to Karachi a day or two before Eid. It was always a highlight because the bull was always beautiful, grass and hand fed over the years. I miss it.
We still have qurbani done at Karachi. This bull is for this year's qurbani. Mashallah, may Allah accept our sacrifice.

View attachment 15389
Good looking beast.
No such luck for us.
We booked a bull for qurbani with my elder brother.
It is under the arrangement of a trust, here at DHA Karachi.

capricorn5192

Reactions
561 14 0
Country
Pakistan
I thought we were missing on this one.

The joy of Eid Ul Adha isn’t just the kababs or dishes,
It extends weeks prior to the Eid, Cattle Handling, The joy, Neighbourhood, The Sacrifice

Give it your all

@Khafee @TsAr @Zeeman @Gripen9 @baqai @Mangus Ortus Novem @AliYusuf @HRK @Signalian @Counter-Errorist @ali razza @capricorn5192 @Wolf-PK @Caprxl @Tunamelt @Nightfox @Scorpion @Scorpio @Armchair @Mingle @Pakhtoon yum

We (me and my family) are not much of meat eaters but the preparation of Eid/Qurbani are always exciting and joyful. Our Eid is like a festival. We do qurbani and prepare the meat at our home by ourselves, so on the first day of eid all family members are busy doing that. It is a great feeling that you do your qurbani and prepare the meat by your own hands and then also distribute it yourself.

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
Eid was more fun till the time my Grand Father was alive, he passed away in 2001. We used to visit our ancestral village for Eid. My Grand dad has more then 250 goats and bakras and 60+ cows and bulls on his farmland. Never had to buy sacrificial animal from outside.

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,855 149 0
Country
Pakistan
Eid was more fun till the time my Grand Father was alive, he passed away in 2001. We used to visit our ancestral village for Eid. My Grand dad has more then 250 goats and bakras and 60+ cows and bulls on his farmland. Never had to buy sacrificial animal from outside.
My grandfather would always get a bull and walk it around north nazimabad tied to his iconic old jeep. All us young cousins would gather at his place to "help". By afternoon, a huge crowd of cousins and other family would be making way too much noise at his place. After he passed way, a lot of his traditions lived among his kids and grandkids, but some of the smaller ones that we fondly remember seemed to have faded away.

AliYusuf

Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
Especially at times like Eid ... we miss our departed elder stalwarts the most ... their values, their strength of character.

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,855 149 0
Country
Pakistan
Especially at times like Eid ... we miss our departed elder stalwarts the most ... their values, their strength of character.
They were definitely of stronger material than we are. Lived through some rough times, while we sit here complaining about pubg and youtube bans.
My grandfather walked to Karachi from Bombay pushing a thela filled with his belongings. He bought books with him that still survive in a showcase. He would try to get us to sit down and understand so many things he had learned over the years. We would find creative ways to scatter off. So much knowledge buried with him.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
My grandfather would always get a bull and walk it around north nazimabad tied to his iconic old jeep. All us young cousins would gather at his place to "help". By afternoon, a huge crowd of cousins and other family would be making way too much noise at his place. After he passed way, a lot of his traditions lived among his kids and grandkids, but some of the smaller ones that we fondly remember seemed to have faded away.
Nothing is more enjoyable than having too many similar aged cousins, Gathered at a place

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Now !!!!

Let’s come to dishes guys. What is the todo list of you all for Baqra Eid ? In terms of cooking/food

AliYusuf

Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
Let’s come to dishes guys. What is the todo list of you all for Baqra Eid ? In terms of cooking/food

My favorite topic ... Cooking/Food

I am sure this is how it will all pan out, based on past experience ...

Mutton Quorma --- Mother
Beef Rezala --- Mother
Beef Brain Masala --- Mother
Beef Paiye --- Bhabi
Beef Birayni --- Bhabi
Beef Nihari --- Bhabi
Beef Kaleji --- Wife
Beef Barbecue --- Wife
Mutton Karhai -- Wife
Beef Haleem --- My daughters helped by my nephew and my son (Recipe Wife)

Samiyan --- My eldest daughter

Yummy!

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
One of my most memorable Eid-al-Adha experience while in Pak...
...I was young...like 9 or 10...I was very excited to go with my dad to go buy an animal for sacrifice...and of course my brothers tagged along bcuz they were just as excited...and soon the whole family decided that they all wanted to go too.

Got there...looked at a bunch of cows and goats...decided to get a cow. Everything went smoothly...
...some dude was hired to load up the cow in a truck and deliver it to our house. My dad still had to drive the whole family back...so he for some reason decided to put me in the truck...with that driver so I could guide him. This was no problem...I knew the directions...and I guided the guy to our home.

Ideally...my dad was supposed to have gotten home before the slow moving truck with an animal loaded on to it...
...but for whatever reason I got there first with the truck driver...either the truck driver drove fast(so he can make more deliveries) or my dad drove slow...
...I didnt have the keys to my home...the keys were with my family...and so the main gate couldn't be opened.

The truck driver wanted to drop off the cow right there on the street in front of our locked house and leave so he can make more deliveries. I asked him to wait around just a bit...until my dad gets here...but he was adamant. This was like in early 2000s(like 2000 or 2001)...smartphones weren't a thing yet...and I wasn't old enough to have my own cell phone yet...so I couldn't call my dad. The guy waited like 5 min...got impatient...unloaded the cow...handed me the rope and took off. I had grown up in Lahore...city life...in my 9 years of existence I had absolutely zero experience handling animals. So needless to say I couldn't handle the cow...somehow the cow was spooked(busy main street...traffic sounds) and took off running (:-\

Luckily though...my neighbors came to my rescue...some of the neighbor's kids tagged along with me...and we followed the cow. The cow was somehow either lucky or smart enough to avoid traffic...we were following it closely behind...but weren't running after it bcuz we didn't wanna scare it...otherwise it might have run...and gotten injured in the process(which is no good for qurbani). Eventually managed to get the cow back...safe and sound...made it home with that cow...it turned out to be delicious.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan

Mutton Quorma --- Mother
Beef Rezala --- Mother
Beef Paiye --- Bhabi
Beef Birayni --- Bhabi
Beef Nihari --- Bhabi
Beef Kaleji --- Wife
Beef Barbecue --- Wife
Mutton Karhai -- Wife

Yummy!
You are missing out on one of the best dish Sir.

“Kachri Qeema” or others call it “Bihari Qeema”,
Dry Qeema, Minced into becoming a liquid, Cooked with a coal inside a foil.

My father and I, After coming from Eid ki namaz, (mom sleeps due to whole night work, Mehndi and all), We both used to sneak secretly into the fridge and get out all the Siwaiyan and Qeema and Alo Bhaji, Microwave it and eat it, Sometimes my mom used to catch us sneaking into the dishes|0|(:-)

Those were the days, Huhhh

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA

Mutton Quorma --- Mother
Beef Rezala --- Mother
Beef Paiye --- Bhabi
Beef Birayni --- Bhabi
Beef Nihari --- Bhabi
Beef Kaleji --- Wife
Beef Barbecue --- Wife
Mutton Karhai -- Wife

Yummy!
Samiyan? What dish is that?