TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Bihari Qeema
@Khafee @AliYusuf

1596032815492.jpeg

(ignore the oil, Generally the appearance is oil-less)

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,855 149 0
Country
Pakistan
One of my most memorable Eid-al-Adha experience while in Pak...
...I was young...like 9 or 10...I was very excited to go with my dad to go buy an animal for sacrifice...and of course my brothers tagged along bcuz they were just as excited...and soon the whole family decided that they all wanted to go too.

Got there...looked at a bunch of cows and goats...decided to get a cow. Everything went smoothly...
...some dude was hired to load up the cow in a truck and deliver it to our house. My dad still had to drive the whole family back...so he for some reason decided to put me in the truck...with that driver so I could guide him. This was no problem...I knew the directions...and I guided the guy to our home.

Ideally...my dad was supposed to have gotten home before the slow moving truck with an animal loaded on to it...
...but for whatever reason I got there first with the truck driver...either the truck driver drove fast(so he can make more deliveries) or my dad drove slow...
...I didnt have the keys to my home...the keys were with my family...and so the main gate couldn't be opened.

The truck driver wanted to drop off the cow right there on the street in front of our locked house and leave so he can make more deliveries. I asked him to wait around just a bit...until my dad gets here...but he was adamant. This was like in early 2000s(like 2000 or 2001)...smartphones weren't a thing yet...and I wasn't old enough to have my own cell phone yet...so I couldn't call my dad. The guy waited like 5 min...got impatient...unloaded the cow...handed me the rope and took off. I had grown up in Lahore...city life...in my 9 years of existence I had absolutely zero experience handling animals. So needless to say I couldn't handle the cow...somehow the cow was spooked(busy main street...traffic sounds) and took off running (:-\

Luckily though...my neighbors came to my rescue...some of the neighbor's kids tagged along with me...and we followed the cow. The cow was somehow either lucky or smart enough to avoid traffic...we were following it closely behind...but weren't running after it bcuz we didn't wanna scare it...otherwise it might have run...and gotten injured in the process(which is no good for qurbani). Eventually managed to get the cow back...safe and sound...made it home with that cow...it turned out to be delicious.
Haha! That's why you don't pay the driver in advance.

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
Haha! That's why you don't pay the driver in advance.
I didn't know these things sir...I was just a kid then...that's something my dad should have thought of.

I miss that kind of Eid...the experience is non existent here in US. Here my family just sends out money to some masjid or some organization...which supposedly does the qurbani on our behalf.

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,855 149 0
Country
Pakistan
I didn't know these things sir...I was just a kid then...that's something my dad should have thought of.

I miss that kind of Eid...the experience is non existent here in US. Here my family just sends out money to some masjid or some organization...which supposedly does the qurbani on our behalf.
It's the same here in Islamabad. You might find a few mini-mandis driving around. Other than that, no sign Eid is imminent. I've seen more people walk their dogs than cows or goats.

AliYusuf

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
You are missing out on one of the best dish Sir.

“Kachri Qeema” or others call it “Bihari Qeema”,
Dry Qeema, Minced into becoming a liquid, Cooked with a coal inside a foil.

My father and I, After coming from Eid ki namaz, (mom sleeps due to whole night work, Mehndi and all), We both used to sneak secretly into the fridge and get out all the Siwaiyan and Qeema and Alo Bhaji, Microwave it and eat it, Sometimes my mom used to catch us sneaking into the dishes|0|(:-)

Those were the days, Huhhh
In our family this item is served in birthdays and other general get to-gathers ... throughout the year ... even in Eid-ul-Fitr.
For Eid-ul-Azha, the beef barbecue item I mentioned, usually contains bihari boti, bihari kababs, kofta kababs and chapli kebabs ... all my wife's specialties.

Tunamelt

Reactions
437 7 0
Country
Pakistan
I thought we were missing on this one.

The joy of Eid Ul Adha isn’t just the kababs or dishes,
It extends weeks prior to the Eid, Cattle Handling, The joy, Neighbourhood, The Sacrifice

Give it your all

@Khafee @TsAr @Zeeman @Gripen9 @baqai @Mangus Ortus Novem @AliYusuf @HRK @Signalian @Counter-Errorist @ali razza @capricorn5192 @Wolf-PK @Caprxl @Tunamelt @Nightfox @Scorpion @Scorpio @Armchair @Mingle @Pakhtoon yum
Eid is special occasion for Muslim's and Eid in Pakistan is the best Eid. Unfortunately every Eid I have either exam or duty, This Eid I have both Finals and Duty. I always forget to book Eid off.

any way's Rafaels are here let's hope we see our Beaut's soon.

Eid Mubarak.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
We call it seekh fry. Wife made it a few days back. One of my Moroccan friends loves this.
No,
Seekh fry, If you have eaten from Waheed, Sadar, Karachi,
Is a different item,
But quite similar.

This is totally minced qeema, such that the small meat cubes of qeema are furthered to sort of liquid.

It uses garam masala and Coal

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
No,
Seekh fry, If you have eaten from Waheed, Sadar, Karachi,
Is a different item,
But quite similar.

This is totally minced qeema, such that the small meat cubes of qeema are furthered to sort of liquid.

It uses garam masala and Coal
Yup waheed is essentially gola kabab already made refried in butter.

This gets the same taste
You marinate ground beef overnight so it is totally dissolved then bake in oven finishing with a burning coal.

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
My best time on Eid ended when my grand mother ( Bari Ammi) passed away. Me and my brother never thought of our mom as our real mother: to us our Nani amma was our real mother. She raised us almost until we were eight.
when she passed away it was pretty much the end of good family times. My uncles who were all married by then started to drift away and get busy with their own families. She was the only binding force in our family.

Even today I miss Eid day. when she was alive being her favourite entitled me to double eidi. Those $50 dollars brought me more joy and lasted longer than any amount that I make or spend today ......

May Allah give her place in Jannat ....