El Chapo Recaptured in Mexico after 6 Months on the Run | World Defense

El Chapo Recaptured in Mexico after 6 Months on the Run

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman, a renowned drug lord, has been recaptured. He was captured at one of his homes in Sinaloa, Mexico, amid gunfire, and taken into custody. 5 people were killed during the event, all connected to El Chapo. Here are a couple of links to stores about the capture. Note the large cache of weapons, while bearing in mind Mexico's stringent weapon laws. Criminals don't obey laws. Story from newspaper by the U.S./Mexico border and video and story by CNN.

sharatharadhya

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
India
Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman, a renowned drug lord, has been recaptured. He was captured at one of his homes in Sinaloa, Mexico, amid gunfire, and taken into custody. 5 people were killed during the event, all connected to El Chapo. Here are a couple of links to stores about the capture. Note the large cache of weapons, while bearing in mind Mexico's stringent weapon laws. Criminals don't obey laws. Story from newspaper by the U.S./Mexico border and video and story by CNN.
This is hilarious that he even got to escape twice from a high-security prison. This is the third time they have caught him. Wikipedia states that he states that he has at least 4 spouses, and also at least 11 children. They are unsure if that is all. He has been wanted since 2001 and there is a reward amount of 5 million USD on his head. My God this is crazy. He has escaped thrice from a high-security prison and I can confidently say that he will escape again and again and again.

rz3300

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
All I know is that they say the actor Sean Penn is part of the reason why he was caught. Apparently he was contacting people in Hollywood and trying to get a deal to make a movie about his story. If that is true, Sean Penn might want to be careful if he is responsible for the guy being caught again. Either way it is a really fascinating story and I am intrigued to hear how it all turns out.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I had read the article about the escape of El Chapo. There was even a picture of the tunnel that was dug as a getaway of El Chapo. That means the jail was not that easy to escape from but the convicted drug lord was able to have his way. And with the support of the public, El Chapo will surely have the courage to try again to escape. Maybe he needs to be put in a solitary island like the Alcatraz.

silentwarfare

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
USA
They probably knew where he was the whole time or where he was headed to. They had American actors like Sean Penn interacting with him for months or years, so even if the local authorities didn't know where he fled to, federal ones and even the paparazzi did. We're in a connected world now, so you can't run or hide places like you used to for very long.