Electronic Arm Designed by University Students | World Defense

Electronic Arm Designed by University Students

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Sometimes you come across a story that is so good that have to tell about. These University students are awesome. They designed a prototype electronic arm that they donated to a child who needed one, but it did not stop there... rather then make money from it, they have put its design on the net for anyone to use and make one for themselves. Kudos to these guys. We need more people like them in the world.

Robert Downey Jr. presents child with his own 'Iron Man' robotic arm - CNN.com

timelord731

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
Wouldn't that be amazing? Having the real life Iron Man come and gift you with a robotic arm. Incredible.

But I know there was a huge breakthrough in prosthetics recently. A man that was double amputee, both arms, can control two robotic arms with his mind. He really only does simple things with them, but it is incredible none the less.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
That would be just as cool as being batboy for a day. LOL I wouldn't know what to say if that happened to me.

DeltaForce103

THINK TANK
Reactions
62 2 0
Country
India
3D printing will simultaneously lower the production costs of prosthetics and increase competition. As I understand it, the market for robotic prosthetics at present is small and products are ridiculously overpriced, which puts them beyond the purchasing power of the average person, personal visit from Robert Downey Jr. not included.

wahmed

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think more people like these will change so many lives. Its so sad that everything is so money driven that people do not stop to think about the greater good