Electronic holocaust | World Defense

Electronic holocaust

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
Purported Anonymous Hackers Threaten Israel With ‘Electronic Holocaust’ Week Before Holocaust Remembrance Day
Mar. 31, 2015 3:44am Oliver Darc
Individuals purporting to belong to the hacking group Anonymous have released a video threatening Israel with an “electronic holocaust” for the country’s alleged “crimes in the Palestinian territories.”

“We’ll erase you from cyberspace as we have every year, 7 April 2015, will be an electronic holocaust,” the group said in a video posted online and delivered by a masked individual.

The specific date chosen is just one week before Yom HaShoa, or Holocaust Remembrance Day.

“Our message to the foolish Benjamin Netanyahu, and all leaders in the Zionist entities. As promised in previous attacks, we will continue to electronically attack until the people of Palestine are free,” the hackers warned. “As shown in previous attacks, we will continue to invade and attack your devices, websites and personal data.”

“To the government of Israel, you have not stopped your endless human right violations,” the hacker group continued. “You have not stopped illegal settlements. You killed thousand people as in the last war against Gaza in 2014 . You have shown that you do not respect international law. This is why that on April 7 2015, elite cyber-squadrons, from around the world, will decide to unite in solidarity, with the Palestinian people, against Israel, as one entity to disrupt and erase Israel from cyberspace.”

Israeli media outlet Ynetnews reported that hackers did target Israel last year on April 7, but only succeeded at bringing down a few sites temporarily.

In 2013, Israeli supporters appeared to strike back at Anonymous-affiliated hackers by taking down one of their websites.

westmixxin

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
I cant believe hackers are targeting Israel. What exactly is in Israel that makes people so obsessed with the area I'm confused. I don't even understand why Israel is at war so often I need to do some research. Maybe I can find out why everyone hates Israel so much I know it has something to do with the Bible.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
The hackers might feel they are justified in attacking Israel but to call their planned hacking a "holocaust" is insensitive. Let them hack Israeli websites since that's what their intention is but why can't they at least refrain from using words such as "holocaust" since it evokes painful memories for the children of the survivors of the real holocaust?

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
I cant believe hackers are targeting Israel. What exactly is in Israel that makes people so obsessed with the area I'm confused. I don't even understand why Israel is at war so often I need to do some research. Maybe I can find out why everyone hates Israel so much I know it has something to do with the Bible.
For Christians and Jews, it has a lot to do with the Bible. In the scriptures, God says He will bless those who bless Israel, and curse those who curse her. In the natural, there are many who believe that Israel has a right to exist peacefully in one tiny section of the Middle East. The haters of Israel believe it doesn't have a right to exist at all. Using the word "holocaust" shows the motivation and agenda of Anonymous.

JPB_003

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
In my opinion, nothing will happen. Groups like anonymous have been taken over by leftist college kids who know nothing about hacking, with a few real hackers doing all the dirty work. A lot of these hackers are most likely paid, or on a high-horse thinking they are doing the right thing. I find it odd how Anti-Semitic a lot of the left has become, then you realize how many Muslim apologist there are, and it all makes since.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
The hackers might feel they are justified in attacking Israel but to call their planned hacking a "holocaust" is insensitive. Let them hack Israeli websites since that's what their intention is but why can't they at least refrain from using words such as "holocaust" since it evokes painful memories for the children of the survivors of the real holocaust?

I suspect that's exactly why they've chosen the word. The only message they really have is "We don't like you and we're going to hack you". Using emotive words such as "holocaust" beefs up the percieved threat and instils fear in people.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
I suspect that's exactly why they've chosen the word. The only message they really have is "We don't like you and we're going to hack you". Using emotive words such as "holocaust" beefs up the percieved threat and instils fear in people.
I agree . They used a word that has terrorist connotations to instill fear in the Israelis.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
The hacking could back fire on them,and also there could be problems later on and also they could be targeted by Israel which they have not thought about. I don't think this is the right way, as it could led to more problems and war between countries and the hackers could cause more tension and misunderstandings. The hackers need, to think about what can happen to them and also that the sites could be hacked themselves or shut down as one site was closed by Israel.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
The hacking could back fire on them,and also there could be problems later on and also they could be targeted by Israel which they have not thought about.The hackers need, to think about what can happen to them and also that the sites could be hacked themselves or shut down as one site was closed by Israel.
Anonymous think they are invincible and since there are so many and scattered all over the globe they also delude themselves that they are "uncatchable." But fact is while they can bring down a few websites, it [their entire mission] won't be as successful as they'd want it to be.

Maybe just like terrorists, they want to strike fear in the hearts of Israelis.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
Anonymous think they are invincible and since there are so many and scattered all over the globe they also delude themselves that they are "uncatchable." But fact is while they can bring down a few websites, it [their entire mission] won't be as successful as they'd want it to be.

Maybe just like terrorists, they want to strike fear in the hearts of Israelis.
A while back a large number of them got arrested... surprisingly. It seems like they would keep tabs on the police and FBI to make sure they weren't close to finding them. But who knows how exactly it went down.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Anonymous, if they really are that interested in bringing down websites owned by those who violate human rights should hack ISIS accounts on social media, expose ISIS sympathizers . . . that kind of stuff. They'd be using their skills for a good cause. And everyone or almost everyone would start liking them.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I can't believe I'm about to say this on the internet. I'll probably check later and find out my entire life has been erased by hackers. But I think they have taken on a lot of good causes. They exposed rapists the a town was trying to protect rapists, joined forces with Occupy, and so on and so forth. Maybe they CAN'T take their sites down. There's bound to be a reason they aren't sticking to their guns.