Ethiopia: Armed group kills more than 140 near South Sudan | World Defense

Ethiopia: Armed group kills more than 140 near South Sudan

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Dateline ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia — Armed groups have killed more than 140 civilians near Ethiopia’s border with South Sudan. An Ethiopian official, Getachew Reda, Ethiopia’s communications minister, said that the attackers came from South Sudan and killed civilians, including women and children. The attack took place on Friday in Jakawa, in Ethiopia’s Gambella region.

Read more at Ethiopia: Armed group kills more than 140 near South Sudan | mb.com.ph | Philippine News

Jason76

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
Considering these situations, I hold to the view that an armed population is a good idea. However, in the case of Ethiopia, they would need pretty big weapons though. What other solution could there be, other than foreign groups coming in to save the day?

explorerx7

Reactions
37 1 0
Country
Jamaica
I don't know why Africans have become their own worst enemies. The actions of many groups in Africa is only serving to stymie development and advancement in many areas of the continent. They kill slaughter and maim innocent persons without any consideration of mercy. The sad thing is also that as soon as one of these situation subsides there is another similar event to replace it. We have seen the Hutu vs Tootsie affair in Rwanda and the uprising in Somalia amongst many others. there is no shortage of situations of these types all around the African Continent.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
I don't know why Africans have become their own worst enemies. The actions of many groups in Africa is only serving to stymie development and advancement in many areas of the continent. They kill slaughter and maim innocent persons without any consideration of mercy. The sad thing is also that as soon as one of these situation subsides there is another similar event to replace it. We have seen the Hutu vs Tootsie affair in Rwanda and the uprising in Somalia amongst many others. there is no shortage of situations of these types all around the African Continent.

Why are South Sudanese attacking Ethiopia? Aren't they both Christian? Indeed it is a sad state of affairs. The corruption, terrorism, foreign meddling has hindered progress in this region. Africa is going through a phase the Arab word went through and still is in some cases, which is European/US propping of certain governments, that are corrupt but nevertheless reward their beneficiaries by sale of natural resources. And as long as foreign nations get the raw material they want from Africa, they could care less about the plight of the people. Africa has much potential if they could get Chinese/Arab support to stand by them in development and investment in them. I would love to visit Africa one day, I'm big on the desert/natural environment scene. Hopefully one day that will happen.

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Regardless of religion, and I even think that they are Orthodox, I am sure for Ethiopia and Eritrea but not for Sudan, why the killing. It is incredible how they fail to see the real problems and 'enemies'. I always thought that Africa will unite in some way because of the life they lead and all the problems that equal them in many levels. I thought that the so called simple life they have is a good tool for this but I was wrong because obviously people are just stupid all around the globe. It is a damn shame actually. I know some good people from those countries.