Europe working together | World Defense

Europe working together

vinceasneed

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
I have been very glad to see that Europe is working together after the attacks in Paris. They have been catching terrorists and working to find more. That is why terrorism has not been able to have a massive attack there. The only way we can win is to have unity. That is what has brought the USA through September 11th. Without unity we could have had total chaos and panic. Hopefully Europe as a whole will continue to do this so those sleeper cells there will be eliminated.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Mainland Europe certainly seems to be sticking together on this. Our PM, David Cameron has joined up with Barry O in the fight rather than with any other EU leaders. For some reason, we seem to have a closer relationship with the US than we do with the rest of Europe.

drc65

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think if Europe continues to stick together and make unified decisions it will influence the rest of the world to take a similar approach. This would reduce the intensity and likelihood of military conflict exponentially.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
This isn't a good time to be divided. Regardless of the continent you belong to, being divided will only be a setback. Faceless malicious forces are attempting to destroy peace in this world. By refusing to cooperate, it will be easy to fall victim to these forces. It would be better to deter them through military might and cohesion.

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Sweden
I really hope so. But that's what's so scary about domestic terrorism. Anyone can commit it and it's easy to do. I fear for the southern European countries, especially Greece and Italy. I reckon they will see a influx of middle eastern and African refugees, most of which lack identification. At that point you have no idea who gets into Europe.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
While Greece and the rest of the EU have stormy relations I think the EU has more to worry about now than they did in the past. Greece threatened to let jihadis get through to Germany should their demands not be met. Just shows that cracks are beginning to appear . . .

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Sweden
While Greece and the rest of the EU have stormy relations I think the EU has more to worry about now than they did in the past. Greece threatened to let jihadis get through to Germany should their demands not be met. Just shows that cracks are beginning to appear . . .

I have a hard time believing that. Greece needs Germany to stay afloat and threatens to send jihadis to Germany if their demands are not met. Europe would never allow that. Do you have a link to support you?

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
I have a hard time believing that. Greece needs Germany to stay afloat and threatens to send jihadis to Germany if their demands are not met. Europe would never allow that. Do you have a link to support you?
Here's the link:

Greek minister threatens Europe with wave of migrants potentially including IS jihadists | World | News | Daily Express
The rising tensions between Greece and the eurozone came as Panos Kammenos, the Greek defence minister, warned that Europe will be hit with migrants that could include "some jihadists of the Islamic State" if Greece is forced out of the euro.

But like I said, it's highly unlikely that Greece will start working with jihadis any time soon.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
When it comes to terrorism, I think it's important that all countries work together, no matter where they are in the world. If terrorists think they can divide a continent or single out one country rather than another then they will have a massive advantage.

Essentially, terrorist are bullies that will try and prey in whoever they think is the weakest, by countries standing together, this may cut down on the number of targets in the world.

While this isn't going to eradicate terrorism, I think it will certainly deter a lot of attacks.

TommyVercetti

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
It's just as well, Europe seems to be in the front lines for terrorist attacks nowadays. It's a very admirable thing to we working together in the face of such crises, but of course Europe is a little bit more homogenized and share similar identities with their geographical neighbors thereby making cooperation a little easier.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think Europe probably is at the front line where terrorist attacks are concerned, purely because of the amount of countries that border each other.

To organise an attack on one country that pretty much stands on its own, like Australia surrounded by water for example, would be a lot harder to plan. With a European country you've got endless possibilities in regards to getting in and out.

This is why I think it's important that all European countries stand firm against terrorism, if one country or nation let's it's guard slip then that could have repercussions for others.