European migrant crisis | World Defense

European migrant crisis

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Sweden
I live in Sweden. We accept 14 refugees per 1000 residents. Most of these refugees are from Syria, Iraq and other Arabic countries. Many of of these refugees deliberately 'loose' their passport and/or identification. This means we can't ever be sure who these refugees are or where they are from. We have also produced 300 confirmed ISIS fighters, although intelligence services estimate the real numbers is actually somewhere around 600. That's the second most ISIS per capita in all of Europe.

During 2015 Europe has had two terrorist attacks. The first when two Islamist brothers attacked the French satirical newspaper, Charlie Hebdo, the 7th of January. The second when Swedish cartoonist Lars Vilks was attacked by an Islamist gunman, the 14th of February, because of his depiction of Mohamed.

European intelligence services say that the have thwarted numerous attacks. But the stream of refugees into Europe doesn't stop. Will we see more terrorist attacks in Europe by the end of the year?

JPB_003

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
I hope we don't see anymore terrorist attacks this year, but I am doubtful. The problem with immigration, is it's such a touchy issue with people. I don't see how you can fix it without making it one of the highest priority topics in whatever nation you are in.

Too more directly answer your point yes, I think immigration increases terrorist threats.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
The immigration issue here in the UK is a massive issue, especially now as we're counting the days down to a general election.

I think political parties are very aware that a lot of people DO blame immigration for a number of things that's going wrong in this country at the moment but I don't know if any party is willing to stand up and make any decisive statement. I think they're too concerned now with trying not to rock the boat and trying to keep everybody happy in order to win as many votes as possible.

They are only too well aware that any stance on immigration, whether that's stopping it and closing the borders or allowing it to continue the way it has been doing, will upset people that support or oppose the situation.

Personally, I also think that it has increased the threat of terrorism in the UK especially.

jeremy2

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Kenya
I live in Sweden. We accept 14 refugees per 1000 residents. Most of these refugees are from Syria, Iraq and other Arabic countries. Many of of these refugees deliberately 'loose' their passport and/or identification. This means we can't ever be sure who these refugees are or where they are from. We have also produced 300 confirmed ISIS fighters, although intelligence services estimate the real numbers is actually somewhere around 600. That's the second most ISIS per capita in all of Europe.

During 2015 Europe has had two terrorist attacks. The first when two Islamist brothers attacked the French satirical newspaper, Charlie Hebdo, the 7th of January. The second when Swedish cartoonist Lars Vilks was attacked by an Islamist gunman, the 14th of February, because of his depiction of Mohamed.

European intelligence services say that the have thwarted numerous attacks. But the stream of refugees into Europe doesn't stop. Will we see more terrorist attacks in Europe by the end of the year?
Most definitely. The number of Muslims being radicalized is on the increase and that can only mean one thing, more terrorists attacks. To mitigate such risks,there's need for increased security surveillance and screening of the refugees at the border points.

TinVanMan

Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
It would be quite shocking if there were not more terrorist attacks in Europe this year. It seems to be something that is happening more frequently. Your assertion that allowing refugees from war-torn places into Sweden is to blame seems disingenuous. You are no doubt a Swedish Democrat, which makes me think that probably the issue is more about your culture hegemony than it is your concern for the rest of Europe. I think the solution would be to open doors wider and fully incorporate people, rather than allowing them into a place where they are then discriminated against ruthlessly by a large segment of the population. So, yes there will be more terrorism. No, it is not a result trying to help refugees.

drc65

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think there is a lot of fear in Europe today, fear of people who are different. I don't think that Muslim immigration is a threat, not even slightly. It really depends how we treat these people when they come to our countries, if we welcome them with open arms and try to integrate them into our cultures there really shouldn't be a problem.

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Euro
I'm not sure if we will see any during 2015, but I'm sure there will be some in the next few years. The situation in Europe is absolutely disastrous now, so yes I do think that Muslim immigrants do pose a real threat. It's only a small part of them of course, but even if 1% of them causes trouble then that is A LOT of trouble. Unfortunately if there is a big deportation of immigrants then inevitably some innocent ones will also suffer from this, but I think that is not a huge issue.

It's Europe, so Europeans should come first. We should help others when we can but NOT when it starts to have negative effects to our own lifestyle.

JPB_003

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
A lot of you are saying have open arms and everything will be alright, Sweden seems to have the most arms open, and they have the most percentage of Muslims that went to join ISIS. This is a problem with versions of Islam believe, not how we treat Muslims once they join a country. America isn't nearly as nice in immigration as Sweden, and we don't have half the problems. This would be because there are less places for people to be radicalized. Living in an apartment, and being "lower class" doesn't make you blow up things.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Look, I don't anything to immigration. That's a normal process - since time immemorial. I'm disappointed at the security lapses, though. Imagine, hundreds if not thousands of Muslim refugees have not been documented. Who should be at fault then? Had countries taken into account all individuals entering and exiting their borders, they'd have easily detected shady personalities.

JPB_003

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
Look, I don't anything to immigration. That's a normal process - since time immemorial. I'm disappointed at the security lapses, though. Imagine, hundreds if not thousands of Muslim refugees have not been documented. Who should be at fault then? Had countries taken into account all individuals entering and exiting their borders, they'd have easily detected shady personalities.

Doesn't this sort of get rid of any personal responsibility? I think a lot of people are forgetting the numbers. There is a large amount of Muslims that have views that do not work with how the 21st century west is running right now, and they don't want to have those views. Of course not ALL Muslims are the problem, this shouldn't even have to be said. There is a disproportionate amount of Islamic crimes/terrorist issues if you look at the numbers though.

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Sweden
I hope we don't see anymore terrorist attacks this year, but I am doubtful. The problem with immigration, is it's such a touchy issue with people. I don't see how you can fix it without making it one of the highest priority topics in whatever nation you are in.

Too more directly answer your point yes, I think immigration increases terrorist threats.

Yes, immigration is a very touchy subject where I live. It has also become the most important task to solve I think. The problem is that many political parties flat out refuse to talk about it or refuse to admit that immigration potentially poses a security risk. I think it will be interesting to see how the next election in my country turns out.

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Sweden
The immigration issue here in the UK is a massive issue, especially now as we're counting the days down to a general election.

I think political parties are very aware that a lot of people DO blame immigration for a number of things that's going wrong in this country at the moment but I don't know if any party is willing to stand up and make any decisive statement. I think they're too concerned now with trying not to rock the boat and trying to keep everybody happy in order to win as many votes as possible.

They are only too well aware that any stance on immigration, whether that's stopping it and closing the borders or allowing it to continue the way it has been doing, will upset people that support or oppose the situation.

Personally, I also think that it has increased the threat of terrorism in the UK especially.

I think immigration will be the central question of the next election in Sweden. Especially since we have the most the lenient immigration laws in Europe. We only have one parties that actually wants to decrease immigration. This party is often branded as racists, much like UKIP. However, this party has also gained a massive amount of new voters recently because of the other parties reluctance to take a stance when it comes to immigration.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
You mentioned UKIP and they probably are the only party over here that is putting immigration as its main policy going into this election.

In the local elections they took quite a lot of seats and their support is definitely growing throughout the UK. Obviously not enough to win a majority but I think they will do well enough to make the other parties sit up and take note.

More and more people are getting wise to the fact now that the UK government is prioritising non-english people in the fear of being called racist but its gone too far.

I read somewhere, I'll have to find the original article, that said in 2 years time, a British citizen will be a minority in the UK. So whatever you think about the situation, that can't be right can it? Your classed as a minority in your own country...let that sink in.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Since there's absolutely no way to differentiate jihadis from genuine refugees once they [the jihadis] are disguised then the possibility of letting in actual terrorists whose sole intent is to spill blood at the opportune time is quite high. And that means maybe they'll be more terrorist attacks in Europe but the terrorists don't strike when you expect them to. They can be patient, try to recruit young people to join them before committing the act. So, no, I don't think we'll see more terrorist attacks in Europe this year.

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Sweden
You mentioned UKIP and they probably are the only party over here that is putting immigration as its main policy going into this election.

In the local elections they took quite a lot of seats and their support is definitely growing throughout the UK. Obviously not enough to win a majority but I think they will do well enough to make the other parties sit up and take note.

More and more people are getting wise to the fact now that the UK government is prioritising non-english people in the fear of being called racist but its gone too far.

I read somewhere, I'll have to find the original article, that said in 2 years time, a British citizen will be a minority in the UK. So whatever you think about the situation, that can't be right can it? Your classed as a minority in your own country...let that sink in.

Yeah, same here. We only have on party who is against immigration. Immigrants receive pretty major benefits too. Free housing, welfare, etc. It's gone so far that schools have forbidden the Swedish in order to not upset immigrants.