European migrant crisis | Page 2 | World Defense

European migrant crisis

JPB_003

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
Yeah, same here. We only have on party who is against immigration. Immigrants receive pretty major benefits too. Free housing, welfare, etc. It's gone so far that schools have forbidden the Swedish in order to not upset immigrants.

It is such a shame a country like Sweden even has to go through that. The worst part is, if you can provide statistics to why mass immigration is bad, people will try to shut you down with "fascist" or "racist". On top of this, we are told constantly that people who commit terrorism are not "real Muslims" by the news outlets of the world. It is damage control at its finest.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
Multiculturalism is a word that gets banded about a lot and how immigration helps a country by making it more diverse. Again im not convinced as a lot of people that come to this country don't want to be involved in the local communities that they decide to live in. Its very rare that you find an area that as an equal mix of British people and people from other countries.

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Euro
I think immigration will be the central question of the next election in Sweden. Especially since we have the most the lenient immigration laws in Europe. We only have one parties that actually wants to decrease immigration. This party is often branded as racists, much like UKIP. However, this party has also gained a massive amount of new voters recently because of the other parties reluctance to take a stance when it comes to immigration.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the next elections, not just in Sweden but in most of Europe. I think the more anti-immigration right wing parties will be having a good time in most countries.

Chingling

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
I agree that immigration has a big impact in the increase of terrorism. However, this is such a touchy subject because immigration allows for people to come to a land with much more opportunity. Out of the so many potential terrorists in a group of immigrants, there are also so many true refugees that simply do not have a home to go to, so they are looking for a new one. This is why the issue is so complicated, because eliminating immigration entirely would lead to a moral conflict. Personally, I see the solution as increasing the documentation that occurs at the border. This would mean more created paperwork for new immigrants so that they exist in the database.

JPB_003

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
I agree that immigration has a big impact in the increase of terrorism. However, this is such a touchy subject because immigration allows for people to come to a land with much more opportunity. Out of the so many potential terrorists in a group of immigrants, there are also so many true refugees that simply do not have a home to go to, so they are looking for a new one. This is why the issue is so complicated, because eliminating immigration entirely would lead to a moral conflict. Personally, I see the solution as increasing the documentation that occurs at the border. This would mean more created paperwork for new immigrants so that they exist in the database.

This is a decent answer for the U.S., but I think it is not for Europe. The U.S. is a country that (While not factually true, but philosophically true) is/was built with immigration. The biggest problem the U.S. has is Mexico. Europe is right next to Africa, specifically north Africa and the middle east. This is where most modern terrorist are coming from, and makes it much more complex.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think immigration CAN be important to a country as long as it the right kind of immigration. What we're seeing at the moment is practically an open door and the system is being abused.

We need stricter border control's for a start but we also have to look at why are people crossing quite a few countries just to get to the UK. If people are exiled or persecuted in their own country, they would be happy to go to any country for shelter. What they do is aim for the UK in particular beacause we're probably one of the softest countries in europe.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I don't think muslims coming into the country is a problem though they will be more watched, and sometimes circumstances cause some to join groups like the ISIS who claim to be fighting for freedom and free from terror but in the process turn into war criminals. Security will be increased and, may limit the amount of people from these sort of countries who enter and ask them questions and find out why they are coming into the country in the first place. So, people with their backgrounds should be checked and also if they are acting strange should be questioned and see how they speak and find out their plans for coming into the country and screen them before giving them a pass.

wahmed

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
No its not a threat. I'm Muslim and I live in UK. Its not all Muslims that are terrorists just a few idiots that need to be punished.

zenfive

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Switzerland
The problem isn't with "Muslim immigrants", its with the angle from which society and the media is looking at it. Your title in itself is a show of this, when everyone is talking about how "Muslim" people are coming to their country and ruining everything it only adds to the fire for the people who are actually trying to integrate into the society. But how can they, when everyone around them wants them gone. And where can they go? A lot of the times the refugees that come to Europe come here to seek, well, refuge, so there's not really any place they can go. But if they're kicked out, maybe they're only option is to go join groups like ISIS. And simply saying that Muslims migrating is a security threat is very wrong, in my opinion.

Basically what I'm saying is, the question you should be asking is how can you deal with the root of why these people are immigrating to these western countries, instead of grouping all Muslims under one group and saying they are a security threat.

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Sweden
No its not a threat. I'm Muslim and I live in UK. Its not all Muslims that are terrorists just a few idiots that need to be punished.

It's a tricky subject. Not all Muslims are terrorists, but a lot of European Muslim support sharia. Almost all Muslims living in Arabic countries sharia. You hear a lot about peaceful Muslims, but I don't understand how Imams still are able to preach their radical Islam in European countries. You're one of the few Muslims on this site and I would to get a response to this.

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Sweden
The problem isn't with "Muslim immigrants", its with the angle from which society and the media is looking at it. Your title in itself is a show of this, when everyone is talking about how "Muslim" people are coming to their country and ruining everything it only adds to the fire for the people who are actually trying to integrate into the society. But how can they, when everyone around them wants them gone. And where can they go? A lot of the times the refugees that come to Europe come here to seek, well, refuge, so there's not really any place they can go. But if they're kicked out, maybe they're only option is to go join groups like ISIS. And simply saying that Muslims migrating is a security threat is very wrong, in my opinion.

Basically what I'm saying is, the question you should be asking is how can you deal with the root of why these people are immigrating to these western countries, instead of grouping all Muslims under one group and saying they are a security threat.

For starters, you're from Switzerland, your country has almost no Muslim population. My country accepts 80.000 asylum seekers every year. I think my country should accept less immigrants and I'm in the majority. Immigrants are given welfare, free housing, free health care, and free education. They live in one of the most equal and least racist countries in the world.

Last year I got a summer job in of the most segregated communities in my city. Swedish proficiency was low, and unemployment was high because most people didn't care to educate themselves. Every day I worked I saw signs of failed integration. When I then see articles in the newspaper about how some Muslims are scared to go to their Mosque because they are afraid of ISIS recruiters and wahhabism, you cannot tell me Muslim immigration is not a problem. We cannot integrate 80.000 immigrants every year and accepting more immigrants is only making the problem worse.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
So this doesn't turn out to be a Muslim witch hunt, I know that a lot of Muslim people are appalled by what groups like Isis are doing. My problem is with immigration in general. Speaking for the UK, its easy to see that the country is full and the jobs are getting fewer, the benefits system is some to collapse, housing is getting to be an issue again.

I don't see anything wrong with closing the borders, I'm not saying permanently, but just until the country starts to pick up again. And that's closing the door on all races, religions and nationalities. That would also help to make the job easier of finding people whom shouldn't be here, expired visas and things like that.

STM

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
Romania
I personally have nothing against those people who leave their countries to aspire for a better life and be socially-productive individuals within the EU, as they can truly benefit the economy, but if those people who leave their war-torn countries just to make an even bigger mess wherever they end up, should really keep their intrinsic war tendencies for themselves.
Seeing this number is really concerning. The EU wants to offer each of them a better life - more or less - but they come here to produce even more blood shedding. That's quite of a waste I'd say, but that's just my personal opinion.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Some people are surprised to see Muslims in Metro Manila. Come to think of it, those Muslims are from down south. The distance is like New York and California. In the guise of trade, Muslim traders migrated to Manila and settle in cheap malls to sell pirated music and movies. Now they are specializing in cellphones, legal or illegal. They also have included in their menu pirated installers for your computers.

Indeed, this is a silent invasion of the Muslims in the real world. So what happens when all those Muslims would declare a jihad against other religions? I cringe to the idea.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I had just read an article in New York Times a while ago. It is the exodus of Muslims from Africa and into the European countries particularly Germany. The illegal migrants are hiding in Catholic churches in Germany, waiting for the 6-month that will make them qualified to file for asylum. Other countries in Europe like France are already complaining about those illegal migrants.