European migrant crisis | Page 3 | World Defense

European migrant crisis

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
Immigration in general is a threat to security. Politically incorrect, but most non westerners do not have western values. Concepts like fair play, honesty and equal rights are an unknown concept to them. Most of these non western countries attempt to play the white guilt exploitation card to get western countries to increase immigration. That is because their economies are reliant on the money sent back from these immigrants.

South Korea and Singapore are examples of countries that have managed to pull themselves up without outside help. Exploitation happened by European nations, but it is time for most non western countries to move on.

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Euro
So right now the EU is trying to figure out a "quota" for each country. Basically saying that now all EU member states should be accepting a certain % of these illegal immigrants coming through the mediterranean. Unbelievable BS, I certainly hope some of the governments stand against this.

Why can't we do it like Australia does and just turn around each and every boat carrying illegal immigrants? Just send out small navy patrol boats and helicopters and simply force them to turn away and head back to Africa. Problems for Europe solved in 1 day. And with a strict policy like this I doubt there would be many who would even try, now they all try since getting spotted is probably better than making it to the country unnoticed.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Yes, the Muslim migration is a threat to the place that they will migrate to. Here in the Philippines, the origin of Muslims are down south but now they are all over Metro Manila in the guise of mall vendors. Frankly, those Muslims at the mall are selling pirated music and movies, fake and stolen cellphones, bootlegged software installers. Now tell me, what good do they bring to the place they migrate to?

CrowdedHighways

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Latvia
I think these immigrations increase tension between the native residents of the country and the immigrants, but I do not think they serve a threat by themselves.

Waynefire

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
With the terror threats that are happening it appears it is only a matter of time before something happens. Unfortunately, it seems the major threats are coming from the community of immigrants from these lands. Hopefully the threat goes away, but with the militant past of these groups of hate, I doubt it will.

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
I thinking does because the number of people is increasing, therefore statistically the chances of a terrorist or group of terrorists getting in also increases. I do not think I the majority of them are terrorists since they are actually fleeing the terror going on in Syria, but there may very well be those who pose as refugees with the intention of committing acts of terrorism when they get there.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
About 300 protesters staged a protest rally that cut off the railway line that is connecting Greece and Macedonia. The protesters who are clamoring to open the border are migrants from Iraq and Syria, part of the exodus due to the ISIS invasion and the ongoing war in Syria.

Macedonia is enforcing a limit to letting in migrants up to 300 only and had closed the border to wait for the opinion of other countries on the matter of migration.

For more details - Migrants protest at Greek-Macedonian border | World, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
Apparently they are unaware that the tide and opinion are turning, and that their shenanigans are not welcome, nor most likely, will they be tolerated. With more and more such incidents in the news, the open arms are starting to close, and many are taking off their rose colored glasses. Most people want to help those in need, but when those purportedly in need start staging protests and acting out in violent ways, they will find themselves unwelcome in host nations.

explorerx7

Reactions
37 1 0
Country
Jamaica
I sympathize with many of these refugees, however, they must understand that Macedonia is under no obligation to these refugees. Therefore, I believe they should behave in a manner which could probably persuade the Macedonian officials to admit more of them. I don't think that protesting and obstructing railway activities will help their cause.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Refugees from Syria are being pushed back with tear gas and stun grenades by the Macedonian police. This is part of the European Union’s plan in easing out the increasing number of stranded migrants in Greece. But desperate Syrian and Iraqi refugees forced their way through the razor-wire border fence.

It can be remembered that refugees were treated last year like homecoming heroes in Germany. But the European countries are now opening their eyes to reality – the big problem that illegal migrants would bring to their country.

Europe's crisis worsens: Migrants face razor wire, tear gas | World, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
The thing is that the German chancellor is still welcoming them with open arms, although everyone else is less than thrilled to do so. Considering that there are places now in Syria where even ex-rebels are being allowed to live without problems, people don't really need to leave as much. But those who have already left can't really go back either. So a better solution needs to be found.

Susimi

Reactions
55 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
What a great advert for them to be allowed to pass through into other countries, attempting to break through the border.

It raises the question of when does something classify as being an invasion? Because this is not far off looking like it.

arthnel

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
My heart really goes out to these refugees. I often picture myself in their shoes and I count my blessings everyday. I consider the fact that these people had no interest in leaving their homeland but they have no choice. They are forced out of homes they built over many years of hard work and now only survival and hope for a future keep them going. It's a horrible fate for any race, people or country.

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
they should put a stop to welcoming in the world but how do you turn away kids and moms who are suffering because their lives are being threatened?

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Apostolos Tzitzikostas, governor of the Greek region of Central Macedonia, called on the Greek government to declare a state of emergency regarding the migrants who are stranded in the Idomeni border. That is due to the border restrictions along the route toward western Europe. There are some 14,000 migrants trapped in Idomeni while in the refugee camps there are 7,000 housed there.

For details - Governor asks Greece to declare state of emergency | World, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com