European migrant crisis | Page 6 | World Defense

European migrant crisis

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
It isn't all of one type of people who cause problems, but when you know a snake eats mice, you don't put mice and snakes together and hope it all works out for the best. Immigration is a suicide pill for Sweden and the UK. If they are to survive, they need to close all of their borders, expel the invaders, and not let any more through. They have the right to exist as a nation that is not a subversion of the horrific places the majority of the invaders come from and turn their new landing places into. If they want an entire world of the nightmare that they came from, then they are off to a good start. If not, close the borders now.

Any talk of closing the borders and we in the UK get branded as racist bigots who are part of the far right, and that's part of the problem like I've said before.

There doesn't seem to be any compromise or middle ground, your either a tree hugging, liberal lefty that wants to open the borders even more, or a member of the Nazis who want to send all the immigrants back to where they come from. While the two sides are arguing and getting nowhere, the problem is getting worse, and sooner rather than later, even if a decision does get agreed upon on what to do, the problem will be too big and it will be too late to do anything.

silentwarfare

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
USA
Any talk of closing the borders and we in the UK get branded as racist bigots who are part of the far right, and that's part of the problem like I've said before.

There doesn't seem to be any compromise or middle ground, your either a tree hugging, liberal lefty that wants to open the borders even more, or a member of the Nazis who want to send all the immigrants back to where they come from. While the two sides are arguing and getting nowhere, the problem is getting worse, and sooner rather than later, even if a decision does get agreed upon on what to do, the problem will be too big and it will be too late to do anything.

They need to ignore the labels and do what they have to get done at this point. Because like you said, if they don't, they won't have a country left to do anything for either way. The labels they want to hand out are from the cowards who are complicit in throwing their own country down the drain. Marxist anti-patriotic bigots who are part of the far left handing out the labels won't save them from their own inaction and destitution once the effects of everything they ignore or chastise others for become too big to avoid and too severe to stop. It gets to the point where you just have to fight.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Migrants moved from Bosnian town to camp at former garbage dump
Boris Kavic
19 June 2019

Migrants wait for food at the camp Vucjak, in Bihac area, Bosnia and Herzegovina, June 19, 2019. REUTERS/Antonio Bronic

VUCJAK, Bosnia (Reuters) - Up to 700 migrants from Asia and the Middle East who had been sleeping rough in the Bosnian town of Bihac have been moved to a camp on the site of a former garbage dump near the Croatian border that has been criticized as inadequate by UN agencies.

A few dozen newly-erected white tents could be seen on Wednesday in a meadow surrounded by trees and bushes and guarded by police. In scorching heat, migrants queued for food and used water from tanks to wash and shave themselves.
“This is not (a) camp,” said Mohammed Jamil, from Pakistan, “These are only tents, no facilities, no toilets, no proper food.”

United Nations agencies have criticized sanitary facilities at the Vucjak site and its location close to areas still peppered with landmines from the 1990s wars in Bosnia.

The migrants themselves have complained about being moved to the isolated, snake-infested border area from Bihac, where they had access to shops, pharmacies and the internet.

Authorities say the move was to ease the burden on Bihac, where citizens had protested that migrants sleeping in parks and abandoned houses posed security and health risks.

Unlike many European countries, Bosnia did not experience significant migrant arrivals in 2015. But since European Union members Hungary, Slovenia and neighboring Croatia sealed their borders it has seen an influx of people trying to reach wealthier nations.

About 25,000 migrants and refugees entered the Balkan country from Serbia and Montenegro last year, and about 9,000 have arrived this year. Around 6,000 are in Bihac and Velika Kladusa, two towns bordering Croatia, but only about 3,500 have been placed in four transit centers there.
“We don’t want to live here, we want to go to Italy, Germany,” said 52-year-old Jamil.

Mohammed Ahmad, 25, who is also from Pakistan, said police had treated the migrants roughly even though few of them were “troublemakers”.

Selam Midjic, the secretary of the local Red Cross, which has been distributing tents, food, clothes and personal hygiene items to the migrants, said the situation at Vucjak has been improving daily.
“We have made a small tent settlement out of nothing in which we are trying to create ever better conditions for migrants,” Midjic said.

Writing by Daria Sito-Sucic; Editing by Catherine Evans

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Migrants moved from Bosnian town to camp at former garbage dump
Boris Kavic
19 June 2019
View attachment 8280
Migrants wait for food at the camp Vucjak, in Bihac area, Bosnia and Herzegovina, June 19, 2019. REUTERS/Antonio Bronic

VUCJAK, Bosnia (Reuters) - Up to 700 migrants from Asia and the Middle East who had been sleeping rough in the Bosnian town of Bihac have been moved to a camp on the site of a former garbage dump near the Croatian border that has been criticized as inadequate by UN agencies.

A few dozen newly-erected white tents could be seen on Wednesday in a meadow surrounded by trees and bushes and guarded by police. In scorching heat, migrants queued for food and used water from tanks to wash and shave themselves.
“This is not (a) camp,” said Mohammed Jamil, from Pakistan, “These are only tents, no facilities, no toilets, no proper food.”

United Nations agencies have criticized sanitary facilities at the Vucjak site and its location close to areas still peppered with landmines from the 1990s wars in Bosnia.

The migrants themselves have complained about being moved to the isolated, snake-infested border area from Bihac, where they had access to shops, pharmacies and the internet.

Authorities say the move was to ease the burden on Bihac, where citizens had protested that migrants sleeping in parks and abandoned houses posed security and health risks.

Unlike many European countries, Bosnia did not experience significant migrant arrivals in 2015. But since European Union members Hungary, Slovenia and neighboring Croatia sealed their borders it has seen an influx of people trying to reach wealthier nations.

About 25,000 migrants and refugees entered the Balkan country from Serbia and Montenegro last year, and about 9,000 have arrived this year. Around 6,000 are in Bihac and Velika Kladusa, two towns bordering Croatia, but only about 3,500 have been placed in four transit centers there.
“We don’t want to live here, we want to go to Italy, Germany,” said 52-year-old Jamil.

Mohammed Ahmad, 25, who is also from Pakistan, said police had treated the migrants roughly even though few of them were “troublemakers”.

Selam Midjic, the secretary of the local Red Cross, which has been distributing tents, food, clothes and personal hygiene items to the migrants, said the situation at Vucjak has been improving daily.
“We have made a small tent settlement out of nothing in which we are trying to create ever better conditions for migrants,” Midjic said.

Writing by Daria Sito-Sucic; Editing by Catherine Evans

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
German captain becomes anti-populist heroine in Italy migrant standoff
Updated 17 sec ago
Reuters

June 28, 2019
View attachment 8632
Carola Rackete, captain of rescue ship Sea-Watch 3, speaks to the media as the ship remains blocked one mile outside the port of Lampedusa, Italy. (Reuters)

• After two weeks at sea, the dreadlocked 31-year-old, Carola Rackete has become a symbol of defiance for challenging the authority of minister Matteo Salvini
  • Rackete, a conservationist who has served on cruise ships and on a Greenpeace vessel in the past, has drawn strong support from Italy’s pro-immigration opposition parties
ROME: The young German captain of a migrant-rescue ship stranded off Italy dismissed threats of arrest and personal criticism from the country’s far right interior minister on Friday, saying her main priority was the safety of 40 rescued Africans.

After two weeks at sea, the dreadlocked 31-year-old, Carola Rackete has become a symbol of defiance for challenging the authority of minister Matteo Salvini, known as “Il Capitano” at home for closing ports to non-government rescue ships.

Speaking to reporters from her ship, the Sea Watch, via a Skype connection, Rackete said she was forced to enter Italian waters due to the worsening condition of the migrants plucked by her crew from international seas off Libya on June 12.

“The need which we have on board is psychological...The necessity to go into port is to prevent any harm or any self-harm which people might be contemplating,” she said.

Rackete, a conservationist who has served on cruise ships and on a Greenpeace vessel in the past, has drawn strong support from Italy’s pro-immigration opposition parties and also felt the sting of Salvini’s ever-busy Twitter account.

She says she now devotes her time to rescuing migrants as a reaction to her privileged upbringing.

“My life was easy...I am white, German, born in a rich country and with the right passport,” she said in comments provided by Germany’s Sea Watch, a charity that has been running rescue operations in the Mediterranean since 2014.

“When I realized it, I felt a moral obligation to help those who did not have the same opportunities as me.”
In a stream of tweets, the latest on Friday, Salvini has called her a pirate and outlaw, and drawn attention to her motivation for captaining a rescue vessel.

“The lady has said ‘I have to volunteer because I was born white, rich and German’. But not everybody who is white, rich and German have to come and break Italy’s balls. Help the kids in Germany!“

On Friday, Salvini also compared her with an earlier rescue volunteer from another charity, a man who sported a red mohawk and was reported to have called the minister a “fascist.”

Salvini says he will only allow Rackete to dock when other EU states agree to immediately take the migrants once ashore, and even then Italian authorities would seize the ship and prosecute its captain for assisting people-smugglers.

However, a European Commission official was quoted by Italian news agency AGI on Friday as saying the allocation of migrants among EU nations needed to be worked out and that in the meantime the ship must be allowed to dock.

After waiting in international waters for an invitation from Italy or another EU state to accept the Sea Watch, Rackete decided this week to sail for the southern Italian island of Lampedusa but was blocked by Italian government vessels.

On board the ship, sitting off Lampedusa, Rackete responded sharply when asked to comment on Salvini’s criticisms.
“To be honest I haven’t read the comments, I really don’t have time. I have 40 people to take care of ... Mister Salvini might just get in line.”

Rackete is already under investigation for breaking Italy’s beefed up laws against non-government rescue ships. A prosecutor in southern Italy added that it was a formality once the Sea Watch had entered Italian waters.

Sea Watch spokesman Ruben Neugebauer said the group hoped Rackete would be allowed to dock later on Friday or Saturday and that it was a disgrace for Europe that it was taking so long.
“We are really proud of our captain that doesn’t hesitate to even take personal consequences for doing exactly the right thing, for following the law of the sea and for bringing these people to safety,” Neugebauer told Reuters TV in Berlin.

Sea Watch asked the European Court of Human Rights to force Italian authorities to allow the ship to dock, but the request was rejected. Instead, the court ruled that Italy should provide all necessary assistance to those aboard.

In a tweet on Friday, Rackete said she was ready to face the consequences of Italian law. Once informed that she was under investigation, she tweeted: “I will deal with everything with the support of lawyers and Sea Watch, now I just want people to be put ashore.”

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
German captain becomes anti-populist heroine in Italy migrant standoff
Updated 17 sec ago
Reuters

June 28, 2019
View attachment 8632
Carola Rackete, captain of rescue ship Sea-Watch 3, speaks to the media as the ship remains blocked one mile outside the port of Lampedusa, Italy. (Reuters)

• After two weeks at sea, the dreadlocked 31-year-old, Carola Rackete has become a symbol of defiance for challenging the authority of minister Matteo Salvini
  • Rackete, a conservationist who has served on cruise ships and on a Greenpeace vessel in the past, has drawn strong support from Italy’s pro-immigration opposition parties
ROME: The young German captain of a migrant-rescue ship stranded off Italy dismissed threats of arrest and personal criticism from the country’s far right interior minister on Friday, saying her main priority was the safety of 40 rescued Africans.

After two weeks at sea, the dreadlocked 31-year-old, Carola Rackete has become a symbol of defiance for challenging the authority of minister Matteo Salvini, known as “Il Capitano” at home for closing ports to non-government rescue ships.

Speaking to reporters from her ship, the Sea Watch, via a Skype connection, Rackete said she was forced to enter Italian waters due to the worsening condition of the migrants plucked by her crew from international seas off Libya on June 12.

“The need which we have on board is psychological...The necessity to go into port is to prevent any harm or any self-harm which people might be contemplating,” she said.

Rackete, a conservationist who has served on cruise ships and on a Greenpeace vessel in the past, has drawn strong support from Italy’s pro-immigration opposition parties and also felt the sting of Salvini’s ever-busy Twitter account.

She says she now devotes her time to rescuing migrants as a reaction to her privileged upbringing.

“My life was easy...I am white, German, born in a rich country and with the right passport,” she said in comments provided by Germany’s Sea Watch, a charity that has been running rescue operations in the Mediterranean since 2014.

“When I realized it, I felt a moral obligation to help those who did not have the same opportunities as me.”
In a stream of tweets, the latest on Friday, Salvini has called her a pirate and outlaw, and drawn attention to her motivation for captaining a rescue vessel.

“The lady has said ‘I have to volunteer because I was born white, rich and German’. But not everybody who is white, rich and German have to come and break Italy’s balls. Help the kids in Germany!“

On Friday, Salvini also compared her with an earlier rescue volunteer from another charity, a man who sported a red mohawk and was reported to have called the minister a “fascist.”

Salvini says he will only allow Rackete to dock when other EU states agree to immediately take the migrants once ashore, and even then Italian authorities would seize the ship and prosecute its captain for assisting people-smugglers.

However, a European Commission official was quoted by Italian news agency AGI on Friday as saying the allocation of migrants among EU nations needed to be worked out and that in the meantime the ship must be allowed to dock.

After waiting in international waters for an invitation from Italy or another EU state to accept the Sea Watch, Rackete decided this week to sail for the southern Italian island of Lampedusa but was blocked by Italian government vessels.

On board the ship, sitting off Lampedusa, Rackete responded sharply when asked to comment on Salvini’s criticisms.
“To be honest I haven’t read the comments, I really don’t have time. I have 40 people to take care of ... Mister Salvini might just get in line.”

Rackete is already under investigation for breaking Italy’s beefed up laws against non-government rescue ships. A prosecutor in southern Italy added that it was a formality once the Sea Watch had entered Italian waters.

Sea Watch spokesman Ruben Neugebauer said the group hoped Rackete would be allowed to dock later on Friday or Saturday and that it was a disgrace for Europe that it was taking so long.
“We are really proud of our captain that doesn’t hesitate to even take personal consequences for doing exactly the right thing, for following the law of the sea and for bringing these people to safety,” Neugebauer told Reuters TV in Berlin.

Sea Watch asked the European Court of Human Rights to force Italian authorities to allow the ship to dock, but the request was rejected. Instead, the court ruled that Italy should provide all necessary assistance to those aboard.

In a tweet on Friday, Rackete said she was ready to face the consequences of Italian law. Once informed that she was under investigation, she tweeted: “I will deal with everything with the support of lawyers and Sea Watch, now I just want people to be put ashore.”