Explosion Rips Through Chemical Plant in Eastern China (Shandong Province) | World Defense

Explosion Rips Through Chemical Plant in Eastern China (Shandong Province)

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
No injuries have been reported, which sounds odd to me, although I hope it's the case, but what is going on in China lately? I doubt we'll ever find out the truth about what is causing these explosions, but I hope for the sake of the people, the government takes more precautions, if these blasts are caused by lack of safety precautions. This explosion triggered at least one fire, and occurred in the Shandong Province.

Explosion rips through chemical plant in eastern China | abc13.com

Psyche

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
New Zealand
It seems fairly clear at this point. A fire started at a dangerous chemical storage facility. After firemen reported to the scene there were two huge explosions. Around 50 people died and there were hundreds of injuries. Then chemical releases in the water killed lots of fish. Because the warehouse contents was not recorded off site it may never be known but included many dangerous substances in bulk, including cyanide.

Because of the scale of the event and widespread social media posting, this is one event the government knew hey should not even bother trying to cover up