FBI Gives Hillary Staffer Immunity In Email Investigation | World Defense

FBI Gives Hillary Staffer Immunity In Email Investigation

SapnaTheBaller3

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
"The Justice Department has granted immunity to a former State Department staffer, who worked on Hillary Clinton’s private email server, as part of a criminal investigation into the possible mishandling of classified information, according to a senior law enforcement official. The official said the FBI had secured the cooperation of Bryan Pagliano, who worked on Clinton’s 2008 presidential campaign before setting up the server in her New York home in 2009. As the FBI looks to wrap up its investigation in the coming months, agents are likely to want to interview Clinton and her senior aides about the decision to use a private server, how it was set up, and whether any of the participants knew they were sending classified information in emails, current and former officials said.”

My thoughts: I personally think that Hilary is being quite selfish and her intentions to become president is most certainly putting the US at risk from multiple threats.

What are your thoughts?

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Pardon me for my ignorance but what is the problem with sending the classified email to a private server of Hillary? I still don't get the drift because it is classified and confidential all right. Now who can read that email if that is in the private server? Is it accessible by everyone? Probably not because the email is protected by a password. And what has that got to do with the presidency?

Please no violent reaction. This is an honest question and not a sarcastic one.

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
@Corzhens A kid with a laptop, kali linux and a little bit of determination can get into a private server in someone's home. The NSA is very particular about how federal data should be protected. Irrespective of whether or not she actually had confidential mails on that system, the fact is that she DID put her country at risk.

And its not just about data packets. Suppose someone had hacked into the system and used her email address to mail some terrible order and the person on the other side executed her orders, that could have led to a misunderstanding, even war with another country. This was a serious mistake on her part.

That being said, it's normal procedure to provide immunity to people aiding the investigation in a case like this.

@SapnaTheBaller3 I think she is the best choice that people have. You can only choose from among the people who are running for the election. Trump is not worthy. Sanders is good but the people don't seem to think so. So, people are obviously going to go to the only other choice available, which is Hillary. And Hillary knows it!

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
@djdefense, thank you very much for your explanation. Now I understand that it was a scene (and probably almost a crime) to have saved those classified emails in a private server because it was somehow exposed to hackers. You are right, the country will be at risk when someone on the other side of the fence gets hold of those classified emails. But related to the coming elections this year, Hillary has a good chance to be president.

explorerx7

Reactions
37 1 0
Country
Jamaica
@Corzhens A kid with a laptop, kali linux and a little bit of determination can get into a private server in someone's home. The NSA is very particular about how federal data should be protected. Irrespective of whether or not she actually had confidential mails on that system, the fact is that she DID put her country at risk.

And its not just about data packets. Suppose someone had hacked into the system and used her email address to mail some terrible order and the person on the other side executed her orders, that could have led to a misunderstanding, even war with another country. This was a serious mistake on her part.

That being said, it's normal procedure to provide immunity to people aiding the investigation in a case like this.

@SapnaTheBaller3 I think she is the best choice that people have. You can only choose from among the people who are running for the election. Trump is not worthy. Sanders is good but the people don't seem to think so. So, people are obviously going to go to the only other choice available, which is Hillary. And Hillary knows it!
I have been wondering why the fuss about these emails. I must admit it was very confusing to me. However, now that you have explained the possible risk factors, I can now appreciate the concerns. She had erred, but we all know it was not intentional, so I am hoping it will not really negatively affect her presidential bid.

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
Yeah, in any case, providing immunity to people is part of the procedure, especially when the person on the other side is a presidential candidate. Of course, I have absolutely no faith in the judicial system when it comes to the powerful, I mean from Bush to Clinton, everyone seems to get a "get out jail" card for free from the courts.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
So you'd rather have Trump as the next US disaster? I beg your pardon but that man is a walking disaster. Between him and Hillary, if there's such thing as a "lesser evil," the one who'd do less damage to your country, then that would be Mrs. Clinton. You've heard Trump talk at debates, right? I've never imagined such pompousness could actually reside in a single person. But to each their own. Just don't regret your decision later on.