Female suicide attacker hits Istanbul police station | World Defense

Female suicide attacker hits Istanbul police station

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
BBC news reports that a female suicide bomber has blown herself up in a police station in Istanbul. Apparently, she detonated herself whilst reporting a stolen wallet. Sadly, a police officer was killed whilst another one was injured.

Although no group has come forward and claimed responsibility for the attack yet, it is the second on the police in a week. Speculation that it was either ISIS or the Revolutionary People's Liberation Party-Front (DHKP-C) persists.

weepforsweep

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
This is a reminder that we need to get rid of Islam. It would be sad to know if she was forced to do this.

globulon

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Canada
Every day there almost always seems to be new stories of senseless violence. This is a tragic event and my condolences go out to the family of the slain officer who was just doing his duty. I hope those found responsible are eventually found and held accountable.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
This is a reminder that we need to get rid of Islam. It would be sad to know if she was forced to do this.

Now I wouldn't say we need to get rid of Islam. We need to get rid of Islamic terrorists. The terrorists are a small minority and are in no way representative of the religion's followers.

Gabriel

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
The worst thing is now we will look at people and wonder if they are a suicide bomber. It's wrong to think that way, but how can we help it? They pick people that blend in for this reason and it's cruel to convince these people to have a horrific death and lead them to believe they are doing a good thing.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
It's crazy Gabriel, it really is. How can they not realise that all they are doing is increasing alienation, not convincing people that Islam is good and we should all convert etc. When will they see that they are doing more harm than good?

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand

You cannot get rid of Islam, any more than you can get rid of Christianity or Buddhism or Hinduism. The fault does not lie with the religion. The problem is how the religion is taught. Things like this happen when people are taught only bits and pieces of their religion. If they were taught the full version of their religion, they would know that their religion does not teach them to do such things.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
I want to understand suicide bombers but to this day, I really can't. What goes on in their head still escapes me. Can you just blindly and without a fight give up your life like that? We can't live again after this lifetime - unless by some miracle someone finds the elixir of life. Is it really faith that's driving them to such a "profession" or a different, more twisted reason?

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
I think that suicide bombers have two types of motivation. One is that they are going to heaven for doing what they did. The other is that their action is one of last resort. They have nothing else left to live for. To live is no longer meaningful. To die is not any worse.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
I want to understand suicide bombers but to this day, I really can't. What goes on in their head still escapes me. Can you just blindly and without a fight give up your life like that? We can't live again after this lifetime - unless by some miracle someone finds the elixir of life. Is it really faith that's driving them to such a "profession" or a different, more twisted reason?
Suicide bombers are brainwashed. They are actually made to believe that what they are doing is right. Think of a zombie stumbling forward . . . just forward. They can't think. They feel nothing. No remorse. Nothing. They're dead to everything else except their desire to kill someone.

Turkey has created numerous enemies so far and they should take the necessary precautions to prevent similar attacks in future.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
I think Turkey is caught in an unenviable position. They are a secular state but the surge of Islamic sentiment is pushing them where they may not want to go. They share borders with countries where people are rising up in the name of Islam (rightly or wrongly is another story). They are already home to thousands of refugees. I feel that Turkey should be given more aid to cope with this. So far, it seems, they are left holding the baby on their own, so to say.

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
Please do not show extreme attitude towards cult members of any kind. We do not need to get rid of anything, it's just that Islamism is an old and strict religion that simply isn't on the same page with the modern era.

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal

It's not as simple as saying "we need to get rid of Islam". These people grow up believing in this, so some might be forced, but many believe in this with their hearts and as well in the after life.

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
Getting rid of a religion will never solve anything, neither does the fact that we labeled a religion as extremist.