Female suicide attacker hits Istanbul police station | Page 2 | World Defense

Female suicide attacker hits Istanbul police station

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
We don't label religions as extremists, they do that themselves with their actions. If they are killing people around in the name of Allah how do you call them, moderate?

DeltaForce103

THINK TANK
Reactions
62 2 0
Country
India
You are not better than the extremists. Stop generalizing and stereotyping based on few bad apples who don't represent Islam and it message. I will not say much about such an offensive remark but I would urge you and everybody else to watch this video.

I think, as Hassan points out, none of the people in the video have any qualifications whatsoever to make claims about the purpose and nature of Islam. As an agnostic, a lot of modern atheists strike me as intellectually lazy. Those who think that religion can be replaced with science, understand neither. Science is at its core, merely a method for experimentation, fact-gathering and formation of a hypothesis. Its objective and detached nature does not allow it to provide moral, spiritual and philosophical guidance. In other words, science will help you build the atomic bomb, but it cannot tell you when to use it.

This is what religion and the discipline of philosophy is concerned with. And they have managed to guide and shape the course of human civilization for millennia. Denouncing a major world religion and its followers as violent and extremist, without any understanding of its impact on history, theology and culture is not logical, it is riddled with logical fallacies. Neither is it "scientific", as any application of that term in this context is meaningless.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think that suicide bombers have two types of motivation. One is that they are going to heaven for doing what they did. The other is that their action is one of last resort. They have nothing else left to live for. To live is no longer meaningful. To die is not any worse.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. Yes, they probably do believe that they are going to their version of heaven. They may well think that is the ultimate sacrifice they could make in order to secure eternal life in what they consider to be their heavenly realm.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
This is a reminder that we need to get rid of Islam. It would be sad to know if she was forced to do this.

The party behind this attack is Marxist leftist party ...They are atheist I believe. And culprit was Kurdish woman. Yet you still managed to link Islam to it...

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I think the women may have been told it is god's will to die for the cause and your death will be valued by killing these people who are against us and harm us. I have noticed the Islam terrorists use Allah when doing crimes and try to make it seem as, they are pleasing him when carrying out these attacks on people. The women may have been convinced to do this, and joined the rebels to make a future and not realizing it these people are selfish and have their own interests at heart not others.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
I think the women may have been told it is god's will to die for the cause and your death will be valued by killing these people who are against us and harm us. I have noticed the Islam terrorists use Allah when doing crimes and try to make it seem as, they are pleasing him when carrying out these attacks on people. The women may have been convinced to do this, and joined the rebels to make a future and not realizing it these people are selfish and have their own interests at heart not others.

She was part of Marxist party...Marxists are anti-religion ....

joshua minaya

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
BBC news reports that a female suicide bomber has blown herself up in a police station in Istanbul. Apparently, she detonated herself whilst reporting a stolen wallet. Sadly, a police officer was killed whilst another one was injured.

Although no group has come forward and claimed responsibility for the attack yet, it is the second on the police in a week. Speculation that it was either ISIS or the Revolutionary People's Liberation Party-Front (DHKP-C) persists.

This is very sad honestly it is news like this that often makes the larger society to stigmatize the Muslims in my own opinion i will highly recommend that the top Islamic clerics the world over should quickly condemn such acts.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
She was part of Marxist party...Marxists are anti-religion ....

It just so happens to be more trendy to label all suicide bombers as jihadists or Islamists. Journalists nowadays seem to adhere to a rather low standard of journalism. Used to be, a journalist checks and double-checks his story before sending it to press. Now, it seems to be more fashionable to go to press first and make corrections later, after the damage has already been done.

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
It just so happens to be more trendy to label all suicide bombers as jihadists or Islamists. Journalists nowadays seem to adhere to a rather low standard of journalism. Used to be, a journalist checks and double-checks his story before sending it to press. Now, it seems to be more fashionable to go to press first and make corrections later, after the damage has already been done.

This is the issue that came with social media and live updates. They are writing the articles live and throw whatever information at first only to check/double check later on and make the necessary updates.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
They are writing the articles live and throw whatever information at first only to check/double check later on and make the necessary updates.

In Thailand, the media does not call the terrorists jihadists or Islamists, because they are not. The Thai media calls them insurgents which is actually not very correct, either. These people are no more insurgents than, say, Santa Claus is a saint.

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
In Thailand, the media does not call the terrorists jihadists or Islamists, because they are not. The Thai media calls them insurgents which is actually not very correct, either. These people are no more insurgents than, say, Santa Claus is a saint.
As I stated yesterday, media released information about possible deaths in the supermarket situation before the authorities confirmed it.

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA
BBC news reports that a female suicide bomber has blown herself up in a police station in Istanbul. Apparently, she detonated herself whilst reporting a stolen wallet. Sadly, a police officer was killed whilst another one was injured.

Although no group has come forward and claimed responsibility for the attack yet, it is the second on the police in a week. Speculation that it was either ISIS or the Revolutionary People's Liberation Party-Front (DHKP-C) persists.
I've ner heard of the DHKP-C, then again I don't watch much news. ISIS is always going to be speculated in any so-called terrorist attack.

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA
I think we need to stay away from these titles. This is just the media promoting propaganda as usual. I tend to believe the opposite of what they say.

TheSilentKid

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
Philippines
Most suicide bombers actually believe that what they are doing is for a just cause, and that their actions will make them martyrs. Beliefs like this are taken to the extreme, and not everyone is this way. We need stop generalizing an entire religion for the actions of the few.