Footage of pro Russian rebels coming under fire from ukraine | World Defense

Footage of pro Russian rebels coming under fire from ukraine

morgan_titan

Reactions
5 1 0
Country
Canada
I've been following the thread of this on Reddit, and apparently some of the "rebels" there are speaking clear Russian. Ie. they are speaking Russian in a way only spoken in Russia, with no regional difference. Not sure how accurate the opinion was - but it's yet another piece of evidence to throw onto the fire.

They seem to be extremely well equipped as well.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
If you can recall, there was already a previous thread about this. Apparently, suspected Russian forces covertly joined the separatist rebels during the airport siege. In other words, Russia has already participated directly but in a subtle and inconspicuous way. They're trying to confuse us. While the enemy spends too much time debating over this matter, they successfully rout Ukraine's troops.

morgan_titan

Reactions
5 1 0
Country
Canada
While the enemy spends too much time debating over this matter, they successfully rout Ukraine's troops.

I agree. Ukraine is in a really difficult position, as it knows engaging Russia directly means total annihilation. They are treading carefully so as not to give cause to a full scale invasion, and are constantly trying to get the West to do something. But, alas, the West is doing its best to try and not get itself involved. A bad situation for Ukraine.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
This war is really getting out of hand in my opinion. When are the other countries going to put their foots down and stop this? Sanctioning Russia is obviously not working. Those poor people....

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
Why doesn't just Russia let go of Ukraine if that's what Ukraine wants? Why is still Russia fighting for the past and trying to get it repaired. Things change as well as people. Everything has to be flexible for this change. Everything has to be flexible, and that includes governance. Go with the flow and deal with it to meet your success.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
I agree. Ukraine is in a really difficult position, as it knows engaging Russia directly means total annihilation. They are treading carefully so as not to give cause to a full scale invasion, and are constantly trying to get the West to do something. But, alas, the West is doing its best to try and not get itself involved. A bad situation for Ukraine.
If you've read the news, they are actually in the process of getting involved. As always, NATO attempts to negotiate matters before deciding to go to war. It's a strong military alliance but it doesn't have enough supply of soldiers though its weaponry may be more than enough. I guess they want to pursue an option with the least possible cost and without any casualties. Some foreign volunteers have already fought with Ukraine. We can only stay tuned for the next chapter.

n4rk92

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
There are covert operatives fighting for Ukraine as well, and I think that the West doesn't really want to disclose that information because Russia will have a direct reason to get involved. Regardless, I think that the U.S. like starting fires in foreign backyards and getting most use out of it.

A few weeks after the overthrow of the elected president, Joe Biden's son joined the board of directors of largest or second largest oil company in Ukraine. To me personally, whatever comes out of the U.S. is hypocrisy and I think that it should focus on its own infrastructure than instigate more trouble in foreign lands for some kind of gain.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
If you've read the news, they are actually in the process of getting involved. As always, NATO attempts to negotiate matters before deciding to go to war. It's a strong military alliance but it doesn't have enough supply of soldiers though its weaponry may be more than enough. I guess they want to pursue an option with the least possible cost and without any casualties. Some foreign volunteers have already fought with Ukraine. We can only stay tuned for the next chapter.

Doesn't the UN and NATO typically team up for these type of occurrences? I know that a lot of countries, including the US and UK, have sanctioned Russia for this which should help cripple their economy a bit making it difficult for Russia to get the man power they need to sustain a fight. But Russia is pretty good at holding its own so it may take some time to take effect and they can do quite a bit of damage in the mean time.

kestas57

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Many of these "rebels" are actually Russian soldiers sent by Putin. Sure, there are Ukrainians fighting among their ranks but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the majority of rebels there are actually Russians.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Doesn't the UN and NATO typically team up for these type of occurrences? I know that a lot of countries, including the US and UK, have sanctioned Russia for this which should help cripple their economy a bit making it difficult for Russia to get the man power they need to sustain a fight. But Russia is pretty good at holding its own so it may take some time to take effect and they can do quite a bit of damage in the mean time.
The United States is a leading member of NATO. They don't team up. The US simply acts on behalf of or as the leader of NATO as doing so justifies their intention to intervene in world affairs and gives them more leeway to dispatch soldiers to areas wracked by armed conflict.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I think it will be deadly since Ukraine wants independence not governed by Russia and will not accept help from them it looks like as if they do Russia could claim we helped you now we want to take over. The rebels are getting out of hand and people afraid to walk the streets and, some do and have not been harmed by them which is surprising to me. I think it will result in more deaths and, may get worse if the rebels overtake cities and declare themselves as a separate government over there.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
From my recent understand (news reports and such), the US wants to stop Russia and help the Ukraine but the UN wont let us. I am not sure why the UN would stop us from doing anything, I guess because the US and Russia going head to head over the Ukraine could get really ugly... I don't know. But I feel really bad for them. They are all alone in this and Russia is so big compared to them. It is like watching a bully with a nerd and your teacher not letting you help them. I don't do the helpless thing very well....