Found my way here | World Defense

Found my way here

Fenrir

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
40 3 0
Country
Norway
Hey, I'm Fenrir, but many of you will likely recognize me anyway. Ex-Mod on PDF, well known contributor on numerous other forums, it was just a matter of time before I found my way to another defence forum. I've limited time these days and can mostly be found posting pictures, but I've an extensive professional background in subsurface warfare operations and can always answer questions if needed or requested or offer my insight and input.

Good to see a lot of familiar faces under one roof and I hope this forum can be a healthy alternative to some of the more entrenched options already out there.

Last edited:

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Welcome to the forum!

Fenrir

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
40 3 0
Country
Norway
What are subsurface warefare operations?

Covert operations? Or something to do with Navy?

Thanks

Subhunting. I, until recently, worked for a defence contractor where I designed anti-submarine weaponry and sensors. The same kit can be re-purposed into counter-sabotage, counter-mine or special missions support systems just as easily (sea floor mapping, cable location and manipulation, special operations forces support, etc).

Mine countermeasures, special missions operations, underwater intelligence and anti-submarine warfare comprise the umbrella designation of "subsurface warfare". Basically it means anything that goes on under the waves, but in my specific case relates to anti-submarine warfare.

Last edited:

maxpane

Reactions
476 8 0
Country
Pakistan
Subhunting. I, until recently, worked for a defence contractor where I designed anti-submarine weaponry and sensors. The same kit can be re-purposed into counter-sabotage, counter-mine or special missions support systems just as easily (sea floor mapping, cable location and manipulation, special operations forces support, etc).

Mine countermeasures, special missions operations, underwater intelligence and anti-submarine warfare comprise the umbrella designation of "subsurface warfare". Basically it means anything that goes on under the waves, but in my specific case relates to anti-submarine warfare.
glad to have a professional here. you presence would give us a chance to learn from you. thank you sir for your services

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi welcome.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia