France, Britain agree to invest 2 billion euros in drone prototype project | World Defense

France, Britain agree to invest 2 billion euros in drone prototype project

Gabriel92

Professional
Reactions
676 14 0
Country
France
France and Britain have agreed to invest 2 billion euros in a project to build a next-generation multi-role drone with a view to making it operational after 2030, the two countries said in a statement on Thursday.

"This program ... will be based on a multi-role drone platform that could serve as a basis for future operational capacity after 2030," the statement said after a Franco-British summit.

"We plan to invest 2 billion euros in this program with a technical assessment toward 2020."

France, Britain agree to invest 2 billion euros in drone prototype project| Reuters

XxrDN5v.jpg

SCkbKIg.jpg

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
So just the 2 billion euros then? The first thing I thought of, especially when I saw the timeline for the project was I guess if the UK stays in the EU or not, doesn't matter after all then? If both countries are willing to invest that amount of money on a long term deal, neither seem that concerned about the UK still being in the EU or not, unless they know something about that, that we don't?