Fundamental Peace in the Middle East | World Defense

Fundamental Peace in the Middle East

vinceasneed

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
When we are raised believing in a fundamental, it is very difficult to break it from someone. It is why practically everyone in the world that believes in God, believes in him. Not because they discovered him one day while reading a book, but because they were raised with that fundamental belief. People therefore get angry when try and change those fundamentals or disagree with. That is what I think is why the Middle East will not have true peace for many generations to come and maybe even never. They have the fundamental belief that the other side is bad. Ever since the days of the Bible there has been this struggle. It would take a new education in those countries to change this which I do not see happening at all unfortunately.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I think, some are not willing to move forward and it will take time and also that peace can be hard to obtain when it is not viewed by some people and some have different views which shows that what people have been teached they follow that. The middle east, has different people and also they don't see eye to eye with each other and also I can't see them changing it soon since they will live the way they have been teached and not see how times have changed in the world. I think, change is hard to do and beliefs and cultures can be a barrier to change and need to reflect on it and see how it can be good to see how some changes can be good.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
There will still be periods of peace in the Middle East. True, unadulterated peace is a utopian concept anyway, even though countries around the world seek to have or maintain it so passionately. Still, I don't believe in a future where ISIS reigns supreme. Those terrorists are about to have their comeuppance.

DeltaForce103

THINK TANK
Reactions
62 2 0
Country
India
That's a more of a philosophical, abstract assessment. Conflicts in the Middle East are caused either by domestic tensions, foreign involvement or a history of civil strife and war. Terrorist groups and their fundamentalist ideologies of wanton violence are created, not by any intellectual movement, but by splinter groups consisting of hardened fighters left without leadership.

It's not as if there's a universal mindset or culture of the glorification of war in the region, there can be no doubt that the millions of refugees in war-torn regions want peace and a return to civilized life, in fact, they want it more intensely and desperately than any armchair pacifist sitting in another side of the world. But people cannot be expected to act despite their circumstance, rather they are moulded by them.

sillylucy

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
I am sure that there will be peace, but it will be in the form of only minor conflict. It is hard to think of the middle east having no conflict at all. As long as people are being treated with basic needs, then there will be peace. I think the focus needs to shift on growing their ability to provide for themselves and get out of poverty.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
The conflict in Syria for example has little to do with religious differences. Neither does the insurgency in Yemen. I believe the reason there can't be peace in the Middle East is because the people of the Middle East haven't had much love for each other and this goes a long way back. Back to the B.C era. Since the residents of the ME have been fighting each other for thousands of years I don't think there's going to be a solution to the conflict any time soon.