G force on the body | World Defense

G force on the body

vinceasneed

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
I personally hate roller coasters. I don't like when I am flying on a place somewhere and we hit moderate turbulence. Its all uncomfortable to me. So I could never be in the air force. I am wondering though is there some sort of comparison that a civilian could understand as to how the G force feels on the body when the air force is flying rather complicated moves. Is it like riding a roller coaster that is on steroids? I don't think I every want to feel it but it would be interesting to know exactly what it feels like.

Grumpy

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
That's actually a pretty interesting question and one I'd love to see an answer to.

I travel a lot so I get on planes a lot and I hate turbulence. I don't really mind flying, but especially lately with all the planes coming down and getting lost etc I get scared going through the slightest bout of turbulence. The first time I flew I was very scared, but my friends had told me to close my eyes and grit my teeth and it would be fine. After the initial take off I was absolutely fine and the only other part I didn't like was my ears popping!

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
Ugh. I'm not allowed to do any G forces at all. That's no speeding in cars, rollar coasters, jet skis, and I even have to limit the time I spent in my boyfriends mustang because it makes me so sick. I did not know I had this brain condition when I first flew at 18 and flying was so painful that I had my head between my knees and I was crying on the descent. The woman next to me was beside herself because I was all alone and she didn't know what to do. I also had the same problem driving through a mountain range on a bus. Very strange. I don't want to imagine being in one of those big jets.

rares209

Reactions
6 0 0
Country
Romania
I saw a lot of videos normal people having the chance to get a ride in a fighter jet and most of them fainted. This is the best proof that you need special training before experiencing such G-Forces. I think that you cannot compare that sensation with anything. I remember F1 pilots talking about the G-Forces the experience in their F1 cars. They said that those forces can climb up to 5 Gs insome corners, but I kinda laughed thinking how a fighter pilot is struggling in a jet.

karmaskeeper

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
I have watched youtube videos about this ride called the slingshot. It is super fast, and people just faint from the G force. They come to pretty quick, and are like what happened. So I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to ride anything like that. Plus I would be to scared it shoots you way up high super, super fast NOT!!!!!!

kestas57

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I have never been a fan of negative G, but I have no problem with positive G. When a plane stabilizes from a climb quickly for example, I don't like it too much. It just feels a little wrong but in the right situation it can be quite...adrenaline inducing. Positive G on the other hand is awesome because you feel like you are being forced into your seat. It's great. Granted, I haven't experienced fighter jet type of G but still.

karmaskeeper

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
I had no idea there was a positive G force, and a negative one too. I'll have to do some research on that very interesting. I have watched fighter jet video's were the jet breaks the sound barrier. It is so cool to see it with your own eyes.