Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
PM Imran meets founder of Kashmir Study Group in New York

Sanaullah Khan
Updated September 22, 2019

Prime Minister Imran Khan, who is in New York to attend the 74th session of the United Nations General Assembly, on Saturday met with the founder the Kashmir Study Group Farooq Kathwari.

The premier asked Kathwari to continue informing the world about India's illegal occupation and human rights violations in occupied Kashmir so that they could see the real face of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government, said a press release by the PM's media team.

Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi Adviser to Prime Minister for Commerce, Textile, Industries, Production and Investment Abdul Razzak Dawood, Special Assistant to the Prime Minister Naeemul Haque, Pakistan’s permanent representative to the United Nations Ambassador Maleeha Lodhi, Pakistan's US ambassador Asad Majeed Khan and other senior officials took part in the meeting.

Prime Minister Imran is scheduled to address the UN General Assembly on September 27. He has already announced that he will highlight the Kashmir issue in his address, exposing the ethical and legal bankruptcy of India’s August 5 annexation of occupied Kashmir.

The prime minister arrived in New York over the weekend, giving him the time to consult with Pakistani diplomats and prominent members of the Pakistani American community before meeting world leaders.

Ambassador Lodhi said that this a "mission Kashmir" for the prime minister and for Pakistan.

On Monday, Prime Minister Imran is expected to meet with British Prime Minister Boris Johnson. His first official engagement at the UN is a meeting with China's Vice President Wang Qishan.

The same day, the premier will also meet US President Donald Trump, in what is expected to be the first of his two meetings with the American leader.

Shazam

Reactions
356 10 0
Country
Pakistan
Another day, another lot of victims demonstrating and demanding freedom from Indian Occupation:

Media deleted due to graphic images...

Mangus Ortus Novem

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
984 17 0
Country
Pakistan
Another day, another lot of victims demonstrating and demanding freedom from Indian Occupation:

Media deleted due to graphic images...

World doesn't care. It never did. This is FACT we must accept. Weakness is always punished.

After Almighty it is upon Pakistan to do its duty or just stop saying anything at all. This pathetic show of diplomatic solution or problems solved through talks is not only naive but patently stupid... or perhaps admission of defeat by us.

But if we accept this... GanguFacistRegime is only going to get bolder and will not stop there in IoJK but move forward to annex AJK/GB.

Pacifist get NoblePrizes after the death of millions... or never having to see a war...

Regardless, Pakistan is facing a DefiningMoment in our short, challenging history... whatever we choose will have global consequences...

Shazam

Reactions
356 10 0
Country
Pakistan
Following is a harrowing tale of how Kashmiri Families in Indian Occupied Kashmir are being selectively tortured and disabled one by one, en-mass, in a systematic manner to render them handicapped due to severe internal injuries that would destroy their useful lives permanently.

Physical injuries due to pellet gun wounds have disabled, blinded and severely injured thousands of Kashmiris by Indian Occupation forces. It seems that there is a sinister plan to leave the Kashmiri population severely handicapped and unable to resist or otherwise too scared to demonstrate against the occupation and for freedom movement. The resolve of the Kashmiri people in the face of such systematic brutality is not just amazing bravery but absolutely and unequivocally unprecedented.

Hours After a Late-Night Knock, an Entire Neighbourhood Reduced to Pellet Injuries
When the Dars heard security forces at their front door on September 16, little did they know that most of their family and neighbours would suffer grave torture in the hours to come.
Hours After a Late-Night Knock, an Entire Neighbourhood Reduced to Pellet Injuries

Photo: Kaisar Andrabi
Kaisar Andrabi

Kaisar Andrabi

Srinagar: On September 16, at around 11 pm, 24-year-old college student Mudasir Ahmad Dar, was sitting at home in Khwaja Bagh of Baramulla district with his family.

Like many families across the Valley, Dar preferred to go to bed early given the situation of unrest with Jammu and Kashmir struggling for normalcy in what has now been a 51-day shutdown with no communication. Dar and his family said their goodnights. They then went to their respective rooms.

Soon afterwards, vehicles stopped at their gate. Someone knocked on the door. It was not the usual knock. So the Dars turned the lights on quickly. The eldest member of the family, Mohammad Ramzan Dar, a man in his sixties, opened the door. A row of uniformed, armed men entered. So did the station house officer (SHO) of the Baramulla police station.

Sabi mard baher aajaw (‘All men come outside’),” said one of the gunman. All five men, including their grandfather, went outside. More uniformed gunmen waited inside their courtyard.

“In a local accent, they asked us to display our identity cards. We identified them quickly as Special Operations Group (SOG) personnel accompanied by Jammu and Kashmir police. After checking our ID cards, they asked me, my brother and a cousin to board the police vehicle,” said Mudasir.

As the women in the family asked why they were being taken, the forces started abusing them. A blow landed on the eldest Dar’s head, resulting in a severe injury. “He was bleeding a lot and we started shouting for help. They did not stop and started thrashing the others too,” he told The Wire.
As Mudasir ran to help his bleeding father, a member of the forces fired a volley of pellets at him.
“I thought I would save my father but for a while I felt like I had received bullets in my body,” said Mudasir. He is now undergoing treatment at Srinagar’s SKIMS hospital.

Standing near his bed, his 31-year-old elder sister Mehmooda Akhtar, broke down. Mehmooda said the actions of the forces have made the family feel as if they have plans to kill the whole family. “Our father has eleven stitches on his head and is not able to utter a word,” she said.

Mehmooda said that after the forces fired pellets on Mudasir, they dragged him through the lane and started beating him ruthlessly. “We begged them to free him, but they listened to no one. Later, they harassed me too,” she said.

Mudasir’s body contains quite a few visible torture marks. Mehmooda said doctors have not been able to remove all the pellets from his body because some are lodged deep within the muscles. “They showered hundreds of pellets on him, resulting in a grave injury near his heart,” she said.

On that night, recounted members of the Dar family, even neighbours’ pleas went unheard as the security forces continued with their torture on the Dars and eventually turned on all those who tried to help them.

“The SHO and other personnel were asking us to join them to the police station with quite some force. We assured them that whatever the matter is, we would report to the station in the morning but late at night, we could not leave the women and children alone at home. They then started beating us brutally,” said 30-year-old Javaid Ahmad, a driver by profession.

His wife, 25-year-old Shugufta Jan, said that she rushed to rescue her husband from the forces. “They fired pellets directly at me, I screamed and fell right there. I feel like hot iron rods were being passed through my body,” said Jan who now occupies the bed next to Mudasir, in the Surgical Observation Ward.

The pellets fired by the forces have not injured her chest but some have damaged her ears too. Shugufta has a son, 18-month-old Aahil Javaid.
“I have acute pain in my body, but the pain I have for not being able to feed my son is greater than this. Only a mother will know the pain of this situation,” she said.

Her son, she added, has been looking for her. Worried about who would look after him if she was to die, she added, ”They fire pellets on innocent people, torture us, harass us inside our homes. They have guns in their hands and can therefore show us the kind of power they have over common people.”

A neighbour of the Dars said that after firing pellets and teargas shells in the darkness, the security forces smashed all the window panes of their houses and damaged their cars while leaving the colony.

Among neighbours who came to help, nine were injured, six seriously.
“We were taken to Baramulla district hospital from where we were referred to Srinagar for further treatment. They provided us with four ambulances but when it came to leaving the hospital premises, the Senior Superintendent of Jammu and Kashmir Police along with SOG personnel did not let the ambulances pass for about 30 minutes,” alleges one Ahmad.

Ahmad said the Chief Medical Officer of the Baramulla hospital asked police to let them go as their condition is serious. “One of the SOG members opened the door of the ambulance and after seeing Mudasir scream in pain told us mockingly, ‘Aawa wen maze’?” he said. The phrase translates to ‘are you now enjoying this?’

Like Mudasir, 28-year-old Iqbal Lateef Khan, a father of one and a carpenter by profession, was hit with pellets. He had wanted to save the Dars from the forces. Both his eyes are now damaged.

According to his 31-year-old cousin Naseer Ahmad, he was bleeding so much that doctors at Baramulla hospital could not even touch his eyes. “I felt like they had fired a tear gas shell directly at my head and that I was in the last moments of my life,” said Khan in a low voice.

An ophthalmologist at the hospital said the future of Khan’s eye sight was suspect at this point. “He has grave injuries on his eyelids and unless the bleeding from the retina does not stop, we cannot say anything. We have conducted one emergency operation but excessive bleeding stopped us from removing all the pellets from the retina,” she added.

Rampant use of pellet guns in the Valley has been widely condemned by international bodies who have noted its worst effects on the people of Kashmir. Thousands in the Valley have been blinded by such guns, their lives changing almost overnight.

The ongoing shutdown in the valley amid the communication blackout has not only affected normal life but has also hit economically weaker families, such as the Dars.

The Dars earn from mini XUV’s used for public transport. Since August 5 there has been no business.
“I have not earned a single penny since the shutdown and now such brutal actions are making a poor person’s life even more miserable,” said Javaid, who is deeply worried about the rising cost of medical care.

The Khans and Dars are convinced that the only solution is to protest. “How long we will tolerate their brutality and oppression? We are made victims for no reason,” said one of the Khans’ relatives, Manzoor Ahmad, who had come to visit the family at the hospital.

Manzoor is tired of the claims of normalcy. “How can they bring peace with such actions? They are forcefully pushing us towards taking the wrong steps. They don’t actually want peace here, they are enjoying this state,” said Ahmad.

Shazam

Reactions
356 10 0
Country
Pakistan
'13,000 boys lifted' during Kashmir lockdown: 5-women team reveal ground realities

248707_3809593_updates.jpg

NEW DELHI: Leaders of women's organisations who visited the Indian-occupied Kashmir earlier this month released a fact finding report on Tuesday, detailing on-ground conditions in the Muslim-majority valley and demanding the communication lines and Article 370 and 35A be restored.

The five women leaders — including Dr Syeda Hameed of the Muslim Women’s Forum, Pragatisheel Mahila Samiti's Poonam Kaushik, and Annie Raja, Kawaljeet Kaur, and Pankhuri Zaheer from the National Federation of Indian Women's (NFIW) — visited occupied Kashmir from September 17-21, 2019.

Speaking at the Delhi Press Club, the five brave women shared their experiences and observations with the media and concerned citizens after visiting the Himalayan region under lockdown for the past 51 days.

“When we reached there, it was like walking into a cloud of depression," Dr Syeda Hameed and Annie Raja explained, terming their findings an eyewitness account.

"By many verified accounts, we are talking about almost 13,000 young people having disappeared in the past 51 days," they said, noting that they visited Srinagar and several villages in the districts of Shopian, Pulwama, and Bandipora.

The report details the grief of one of the many people the women spoke to and notes that the Indian Army "pounces on young boys; it seems they hate their very sight. When fathers go to rescue their children they are made to deposit money, anywhere between 20,000 to 60,000.
"So palpable is their hatred for Kashmiri youth that when there is the dreaded knock on the door of a home, an old man is sent to open it. ‘We hope and pray they will spare a buzurg [elderly]. But their slaps land on all faces," it said, quoting a local.

It speaks of mothers waiting for their teenage sons, their last memory embedded in their hearts, "they dare not give up hope but they know it will be a long wait before they see their tortured bodies or their corpses… if they do".

Lights, the report mentions, "had to be turned off around 8PM after Maghreb prayers" and a violation of that curfew attracts Indian "army men angered by this breach" who take away any men in the house, regardless of their age.

Another local told the women that "barking dogs mean an imminent visit by army". The man said: "I can't switch on the phone for light so I can take my little girl to the toilet."

The women explained in their report that there was no public transportation and due to a lack of ambulances, there were several cases of overdue deliveries or women delivering babies prematurely due to the stress and fear.

"It feels like the government is strangling us and then sadistically asking us to speak at the same time," a local girl told the women, who wrote: "Young women complained they were harassed by army, including removal of their niqab."

The women leaders, who noted the Kashmiri folks' "amazing amount of resilience" reiterated that nothing about the situation is normal.
"All those claiming that the situation is slowly returning to normalcy are making false claims based on distorted facts," they wrote.
Among their demands, the women have asked for the withdrawal of Indian Army and paramilitary forces, cancellation of all cases and first information reports, release of those detained, an inquiry to be conducted over the widespread violence, and compensation to families whose loved ones lost lives because of non-availability of transportation and absence of communication.

They further demanded that all communication lines — including internet and mobile networks — in Kashmir must immediately be restored, Articles 370 and 35A be implemented again, future decisions for Kashmir be taken by dialogue with the Kashmiris, army personnel be removed, and a time-bound inquiry committee be constituted to look into the excesses committed by the Indian army.

Dubious

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
741 4 0
Country
Pakistan
Crackdown on lawyers narrows road to justice in Kashmir

Lawyers go on strike after security forces arrest senior advocates amid unprecedented lockdown imposed on August 5.

by Menaka Rao & Anumeha Yadav
15 hours ago
327f9591cf0843dfad9f8b1530294bd5_18.jpg

Hindu nationalist government led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi stripped Kashmir's special status and imposed a crippling security clampdown on August 5 [Faisal Khan/Anadolu]

Bandipora/Srinagar - For nearly a month, Shafia Ganai, a softly-spoken 19-year-old undergraduate student of sociology in northern Kashmir's Bandipora, has visited the police station every day.

"The security forces took my brother Mohsin, a quarry worker, in a raid on our neighbourhood on August 16," she said. "When I go to the station, the police ask me to come the next day, that they will release him in one or two days. But 27 days have gone past like this.

"I checked many times with the duty officer, who records the daily entries in the station. He says there is no first information report (police complaint) registered against my brother,"
she told Al Jazeera.

The absence of any order for his detention makes it impossible for the family to pursue a legal case against the police or to secure Mohsin's freedom, she said.

56457f92d068427487b6ac1ac9d20d4d_19.jpg

Post offices remain shut across Kashmir [Anumeha Yadav/Al Jazeera]

Police in Indian-administered Kashmir have detained more than 3,000 people and arrested over 300 after the government led by Hindu nationalist party, the Bharatiya Janata Party, stripped the region of its relative autonomy on August 5.

Those arrested include senior lawyers, making people's legal fights difficult.

Among the first arrested after the government lockdown in the Kashmir Valley were senior functionaries of the High Court Bar Association of Jammu and Kashmir
, a professional association of lawyers based in Srinagar, the main city of the Muslim-majority region.

The police arrested its president, Mian Abdul Qayoom, and its former president, Nazir Ahmad Ronga. Both are being held in prisons in the state of Uttar Pradesh, 1,000km (620 miles) away.

They were booked under the Jammu and Kashmir Public Safety Act (or PSA), under which people can be jailed for up to two years without trial.

Mir Urfi, a young female criminal lawyer who practises in the district court in Srinagar, said the government had no valid grounds to arrest Qayoom, the association’s president.

"In grounds of arrest, the police wrote: 'We apprehend that you (referring to Qayoom) will motivate people to agitate against abrogation of Article 370',
" she said.

The police also booked the presidents of the bar associations of Baramulla district court, advocate Abdul Salam Rather, and of Anantnag district, Fayad Sodagar, under the law, which the Amnesty termed "repressive" and "draconian".

Lawyers based in Srinagar said Sodagar was on the run and Rather had been arrested and was being held in a prison in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh.

Objecting to the arrest of their colleagues, and to support the larger protests in the region against the government's actions, the 1,050-member lawyers' association has gone on strike.

It has, however, requested seven lawyers to file habeas corpus (unlawful detention) applications to help the families of those detained across Kashmir.

Decades of unrest

Dilbag Singh, the Director General of Police, said arrests of lawyers were based on their "past credentials".

"We have to look at what they have done earlier, if they fuelled militancy. Over a thousand lawyers practise at the bar, but we have detained only a few," he said at the police headquarters in Srinagar.

Responding to allegations of preventive detention without any formal criminal complaints, Singh said no one was detained unlawfully in the state.

192b2a0c61a2486ba6f2506f0fa2b87b_19.jpg

Srinagar bench of high court wears a deserted look [Anumeha Yadav/Al Jazeera]

The bar association prides itself in providing pro-bono services for victims of human rights violations and other prisoners. Mian Qayoom himself was representing many of those imprisoned under PSA, lawyers said.

"The bar has an identity here," said senior human rights lawyer Mir Shafaqat Hussain referring to the readiness of the bar to take up habeas corpus cases. "But we relied on the law and the constitution to fight for justice. How can a lawyer's work be deemed a threat to public safety?"

Mohammed Ashraf Bhati, Secretary of the bar association said the association had gone on strike previously during the decades of unrest. "But now, we cannot talk freely even in court," he said.

Many lawyers did not want to talk on record fearing arrest. A lawyer from the town of Handwara in Kupwara district in north Kashmir told Al Jazeera that he was not allowed to meet the family of a client who had alleged torture at the hands of security forces. He declined to be named. "I do not want to be unnecessarily booked under PSA," he told Al Jazeera.

b11bd90879b74927b48e885d2d4c5021_18.jpg

The region remains in a lockdown more than 50 days after India withdrew its autonomy [Faisal Khan/Anadolu]

On September 16, the Supreme Court in Delhi said that it was "very serious" if people were unable to approach the Srinagar Bench of the High Court, and sought a reply from the High Court authorities.

The Jammu and Kashmir government spokesperson, however, claimed, among other things, that the administration had ensured access to courts. "High Court and lower courts are also functioning normally in Kashmir, Jammu and Ladakh," the government said in a statement in court.

A member of the high court bar association said the number of orders and cases being heard has drastically gone down.

"Earlier, it would be routine for 2,000-3,000 orders to be issued in the high court in one month, now it is not even a third of that
," he said, declining to be named. "Now, the government is going around arresting people, little other work is on, so only habeas corpus petitions are being filed."

The court staff said that 200 habeas corpus petitions had been filed between August 5 and September 11. Orders passed by the court in August available on its website showed that litigants and their lawyers could not be present "on account of restrictions on movement of traffic in the state".

For the relatives of those detained, even reaching the court is an ordeal.
Security restrictions as well as a civil curfew to protest against the August 5 announcements have kept public transport off the streets.

Since the abrogation of article 370, the government has blocked internet services and mobile phone connectivity in the region of about 7 million people. This has made it harder for people to communicate with their lawyers.

On September 11 and 12, the court hall was empty with few lawyers, most of them in plain clothes owing to the strike, and few litigants. Just outside the court walls, bulletproof vehicles kept watch near the entrance.

One of the few litigants in court on September 12 was Lateef Dar who came from Sopore town in north Kashmir, 70km (43 miles) away, to find out the status of the habeas corpus petition of his 25-year-old brother-in-law, Shahnawaz Dar, who had been arrested under PSA on August 20.

"For 10 days we did not know which police station he was being held in," said Dar. "My brother-in-law is a daily wage worker with a six-month baby," he said.

Exacerbating the problem is the nearly dysfunctional postal service which the legal system relies on heavily, especially to issue notices to the parties. "In habeas corpus cases, we have to send notices to the state and jail authorities. How do we do that when the administration has shut down the post offices services in the Valley?" said advocate BA Tak, who is representing those arrested from the Bandipora district.

Some lawyers in the High Court said that they were disappointed after the court refused to allow two of its members to meet the lawyers' association head Qayoom in the Uttar Pradesh prison.

"Meeting in prison is a statutory right of all prisoners," said senior human rights lawyer Parvez Imroz. "But we are not able to get simple orders related to visits by relatives, specific medical treatment, or diet."

A 2009 report, The Myth of Normalcy: Impunity and the Judiciary in Kashmir, published by Yale Law School, spoke about the "culture of impunity" reinforced by the Kashmiri judiciary by way of inordinate delays and substantive leniency to the government, especially while adjudicating human rights violations.

Urfi, the young woman lawyer from Srinagar, said despite having fought cases successfully and freeing her clients, she felt disillusioned. Two of her clients from Soura area of Srinagar, who were detained during protests, were released on bail. But they were immediately arrested again under PSA.

"The cycle of torture is activated against the client even after they are freed,"
she said.

"They are detained before any major event such as this one. The first police report becomes a turning point in their lives. Despite freeing clients, I never feel justice is done."

SOURCE: AL JAZEERA

Crackdown on lawyers narrows road to justice in Kashmir

Mangus Ortus Novem

Reactions
984 17 0
Country
Pakistan
ndia fumes as UK party backs Kashmir plebiscite | India News - Times of India
NAOMI CANTON | TNN | Updated: Sep 25, 2019, 22:13 IST

LONDON: Labour delegates unanimously passed a controversial motion on Kashmir at their party conference in Brighton, leading to India’s UK mission cancelling a dinner with Labour Friends of India. The motion says Kashmir should be given the right of self-determination as per UN resolutions and urges Labour to stand with Kashmiris “fighting against occupation”.

MEA spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said, “We regret these uninformed and unfounded positions... Clearly, it’s an attempt at pandering to vote-bank interests. There is no question of engaging with the Labour Party or its representatives on this issue.”

The Indian high commission India in London cancelled its annual reception with Labour Friends of India on Tuesday night immediately after the debate on the motion began. “We cancelled it. The reason was because of the motion,” a senior Indian diplomat told TOI. The motion also sparked anger among the British Indian diaspora with Overseas Friends of BJP (OFBJP) UK president Kuldeep Singh Shekhawat, saying “the entire Indian diaspora in Britain will not support Labour in the next general election because of this motion”.

There has been growing dismay amongst PIOs ever since Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn’s August 11 tweet that said “the situation in Kashmir is deeply disturbing. Human rights abuses taking place are unacceptable”, and since several Labour MPs supported and spoke at the August 15 protests outside India House which descended into violence. Reacting to the motion, Manoj Ladwa, former chair of Labour’s Indian Community Engagement Forum, said the Labour party had been “hijacked by a coalition of left extremists and jihadi sympathisers”.

British Pakistani Uzma Rasool from Leyton, who submitted the motion, gave a speech in which she referred to POK as “Pakistan-administered Kashmir” and stated that Kashmir had seen “72 years of human rights violations, of gang rapes and mass rapes by armed forces, and pellet gun injuries”. “We must urgently request India opens access so humanitarian agencies can go in and provide help,” she said. “This is now a major crisis. We cannot allow a century of oppression to take place. For too long, we have said Kashmir is a bilateral issue but the Kashmiri people need intervention,” she had said.

Dubious

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
741 4 0
Country
Pakistan
OIC Contact Group calls on India to lift siege on Kashmir, rescind it’s annexation

Associated Press of PakistanSeptember 26, 2019

• OIC Contact Group on Kashmir expresses solidarity with Kashmiri people.
  • Qureshi says unanimous adoption of the communique a “positive development.”
  • Unanimous adoption has given a boost to Pakistan’s diplomatic campaign to settle Kashmir dispute.

Jammu-and-Kashmir.jpg

UNITED NATIONS: Members of the Organization of the Islamic Cooperation’s Contact Group on Kashmir on Wednesday expressed their complete solidarity with the suffering Kashmiri people, and called on India to lift the 51-day-old repressive lockdown as well as rescind its illegal annexation of the disputed state.

Briefing journalists after the ministerial meeting, which took place on the sidelines of the 74th session of the UN General Assembly, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said that the unanimous adoption of the communique represented a “positive development” and has given a boost to Pakistan’s intense diplomatic campaign to push for a settlement of the decades-old Kashmir dispute.

The stage for today’s ministerial meeting was set at last night’s dinner hosted by Prime Minister Imran Khan for the OIC Contact Group members — foreign ministers Azerbaijan, Niger, Pakistan, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and OIC Secretary-General Dr. Yousef A. Al-Othaimeen — where the members discussed their strategy to defend and advance the UN-pledged inalienable right of the Kashmir people to self-determination. Azad Kashmir President Sardar Masood Khan was also present.

The communique, which was adopted after a detailed briefing by the Pakistani foreign minister on the situation obtaining in Kashmir, would be submitted for action by the Council of Foreign Ministers of the OIC, which will meet next week.

It reiterates OIC’s “deep concern” over the dire human rights and humanitarian situation in Indian Occupied Kashmir, deploring the siege of the Kashmiri population, communications blackout, indiscriminate use of force , including pellet guns, abduction of young boys.

The communique notes with “deep concern” the lack of access to hospitals, medicine and food supplies.

It welcomes the UN Security Council meeting held last month at Pakistan’s request, as also the statement which UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres which affirmed that the UN position on the Kashmir dispute was governed by the UN Charter and relevant UN Security Council resolutions.

According to the communique, the ministerial meeting: — Reaffirmed its support for the legitimate struggle of the Kashmiri people for realization of their inalienable right to self-determination and freedom from Indian occupation. — Further reaffirmed that the Jammu & Kashmir was an internationally recognized dispute as recognized by UN Security Council resolutions and the UN Secretary-General. — Called on the Human Rights Council to accept and implement the recommendations of UN OHCHR (office of High Commissioner for Human Rights) to establish a Commission of Inquiry to investigate human rights violations in occupied Jammu & Kashmir. — Called on India to allow full and free access to the OIC, IPHRC and the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, to Indian occupied Jammu and Kashmir in order to independently investigate reports of the gross and systematic human rights violations taking place there. — Declared that the Jammu and Kashmir dispute is the core issue between Pakistan and India and its final settlement, in accordance with UN Security Council resolutions and a UN supervised plebiscite,is indispensable for durable peace and stability in South Asia and beyond.

It demanded that India: • rescind its unilateral illegal actions and reiterate its commitment to abide by the relevant UN Security Council resolutions. •provide solemn assurances that it will not change the occupied territory’s demographic composition and not allow non-Kashmiris to acquire property or residency in Jammu and Kashmir halt its human rights violations in occupied Jammu and Kashmir, including the use of force against peaceful demonstrators, especially the use of pellet guns, lift the curfew, allow peaceful assembly and freedom of expression, release all political prisoners, activists and abducted youth; • repeal its draconian emergency laws, and withdraw its heavy military presence from Kashmiri cities, towns and villages; and provide unhindered access to occupied Jammu and Kashmir to human rights organizations and international media to ascertain and report on the situation in the occupied territory.

Azad Kashmir President Masood Khan highly praised Pakistan’s effort to highlight the worsening situation of the Kashmiri people, saying the country’s leadership was sparing no efforts to advance their cause.

Dubious

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
741 4 0
Country
Pakistan
ndia fumes as UK party backs Kashmir plebiscite | India News - Times of India
NAOMI CANTON | TNN | Updated: Sep 25, 2019, 22:13 IST

LONDON: Labour delegates unanimously passed a controversial motion on Kashmir at their party conference in Brighton, leading to India’s UK mission cancelling a dinner with Labour Friends of India. The motion says Kashmir should be given the right of self-determination as per UN resolutions and urges Labour to stand with Kashmiris “fighting against occupation”.

MEA spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said, “We regret these uninformed and unfounded positions... Clearly, it’s an attempt at pandering to vote-bank interests. There is no question of engaging with the Labour Party or its representatives on this issue.”

The Indian high commission India in London cancelled its annual reception with Labour Friends of India on Tuesday night immediately after the debate on the motion began. “We cancelled it. The reason was because of the motion,” a senior Indian diplomat told TOI. The motion also sparked anger among the British Indian diaspora with Overseas Friends of BJP (OFBJP) UK president Kuldeep Singh Shekhawat, saying “the entire Indian diaspora in Britain will not support Labour in the next general election because of this motion”.

There has been growing dismay amongst PIOs ever since Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn’s August 11 tweet that said “the situation in Kashmir is deeply disturbing. Human rights abuses taking place are unacceptable”, and since several Labour MPs supported and spoke at the August 15 protests outside India House which descended into violence. Reacting to the motion, Manoj Ladwa, former chair of Labour’s Indian Community Engagement Forum, said the Labour party had been “hijacked by a coalition of left extremists and jihadi sympathisers”.

British Pakistani Uzma Rasool from Leyton, who submitted the motion, gave a speech in which she referred to POK as “Pakistan-administered Kashmir” and stated that Kashmir had seen “72 years of human rights violations, of gang rapes and mass rapes by armed forces, and pellet gun injuries”. “We must urgently request India opens access so humanitarian agencies can go in and provide help,” she said. “This is now a major crisis. We cannot allow a century of oppression to take place. For too long, we have said Kashmir is a bilateral issue but the Kashmiri people need intervention,” she had said.

I hope they burn and die in their fumes! Shameless excuse of a human!

Mangus Ortus Novem

Reactions
984 17 0
Country
Pakistan
I hope they burn and die in their fumes! Shameless excuse of a human!

GanguFacism is in essence an anti Humanity Movement... it doesn't see anyone else as human... hence the Crimes Against Humanity by GanguTerroristArmy.

When the truth will come out... our souls will be shattered...

After Allah PakKashmiris have only Pakistan in this heartless world.

Dubious

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
741 4 0
Country
Pakistan
Imran meets editorial board of NYT
in International,Politics

New York, Sep 26 (udaipur kiran) Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan on Wednesday met the editorial board of New York Times and reiterated his demand that the international community should play a role for the resolution of the Kashmir issue.

During the meeting, Imran Khan apprised the editorial board of "Indian atrocities" in the Kashmir, and said the Indian actions have "put the peace of the region at stake".

He said there is a "fear of bloodshed in occupied Kashmir and to prevent this situation, the international community must take immediate action".
The NYT has been writing pieces sympathetic to the Pakistani stand on Kashmir.

Imran had also written an opinion piece in the paper late last month urging the international community to "think beyond trade and business advantages" and warned of a looming threat of nuclear war due to "appeasement" of India.

In a piece titled "The World Can't Ignore Kashmir. We Are All in Danger", Khan says that "if the world does nothing to stop the Indian assault on Kashmir and its people, two nuclear-armed states will get ever closer to a direct military confrontation".

Separately, while addressing the delegation of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) Contact Group on the sidelines of the UNGA, Imran wondered how the world community would have reacted if eight million Europeans or Jews were put under siege, and said he was "disappointed" with the lack of response from the international community over Kashmir.

"(I am) disappointed by the international community. If eight million Europeans or Jews or even eight Americans were put under siege, would the reaction have been the same? There's no pressure yet on Prime Minister Narendra Modi to lift the siege. We'll keep putting the pressure... What are 9,00,000 troops doing there? Once the curfew is lifted, god knows what is going to happen after that," the PM stated.
"Modi has been committing terrorism in occupied Kashmir where children, elders among other people have been besieged from the last 52 days [a] all communication services are shut down," he went on to say, adding that freedom fighters have been termed as "terrorists".
Khan said if Kashmiris fight for their right, "it is called terrorism and they are being oppressed because they are Muslims [a] we have to awaken the international community."

He said that under the curfew there was an imminent risk of genocide of Kashmiri Muslims and that the atrocities being witnessed in the valley were never happened in the past.

The prime minister said minorities including Muslims and Christians were not safe and they were being treated as inferior citizens.
The event was also attended by Foreign Ministers of Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Azerbaijan.
Responding to why Pakistan's narrative on Kashmir is being overlooked, he said: "The reason is India, people look upon India as a market of 1.2 billion people... Some are appalled by it but by the end of it, they think of it as a market," he said.

udaipur kiran
rn/rt

Dubious

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
741 4 0
Country
Pakistan
Times Square in New York lights up with 'Free Kashmir' signs ahead of Modi visit

248911_170110_updates.jpg

The Pakistani community in the United States has highlighted the grave human rights violations being carried out by Indian security forces in Indian-occupied Kashmir by sponsoring a screen advertisement at the iconic Times Squares in New York.

According to reports circulating on the social media, the Pakistanis have also camped outside the United Nations Headquarters to raise their voice against Indian aggression in the occupied valley. The advertisement was part on a public outreach campaign on occupied Kashmir.

The protesters camped out in front of the United Nations are expected to raise their voice against the Indian atrocities when Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses the UN later this week. Last week, a group of activists also protested outside the 'Howdy Modi' event in Houston.

The official Twitter account of the Pakistan government on Thursday also tweeted out a picture of the Times Square lit up with signs in support of the people of occupied Kashmir, highlighting lines such as ‘Stand with Kashmir’ and ‘Free Kashmir’.

Govt of Pakistan

✔@pid_gov

With the extraordinary efforts of PM Imran Khan, Kashmir issue has now become a Global concern. The voice of people of IOJ&K is once again being heard in the highest diplomatic forums.
“Stand With Kashmir” has been highlighted on Times Square New York, today.#StandWithKashmir

11:37 AM - Sep 26, 2019

“The voice of people of Indian occupied Kashmir is once again being heard in the highest diplomatic forums. 'Stand With Kashmir' has been highlighted on Times Square today,” the official Twitter handle of the Pakistan government tweeted.

Times Square in New York lights up with 'Free Kashmir' signs ahead of Modi visit