Germany halts exportation of arms | World Defense

Germany halts exportation of arms

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
Germany has decided to stop exporting arms to Saudi Arabia due to the instability of the region. This seems to be a wise measure, but at the same time the region has been unstable for a while no?

Report: Germany Halts Arms Exports To Saudi Arabia

B9315998825Z.1_20150125154323_000_G8G9P4C9N.1-0.jpg

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
There are numerous other countries which would readily sell weapons to any nation that desires to buy them. If you are preparing for war, would it matter where the weapons come from? I think Germany is playing political games.

Last edited:

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
No question that they are playing games because the region hasn't changed that much in the past months. That is why Germany is a rich country, they are in the weapons business, that gives a lot of money. Why have they stopped now though?

CanisLupas

Reactions
7 0 0
Country
Thailand
No question that they are playing games because the region hasn't changed that much in the past months. That is why Germany is a rich country, they are in the weapons business, that gives a lot of money. Why have they stopped now though?
All the big countries are in the arms trade: USA, UK, France, China are some of the biggest. France is always getting bad mouthed for selling (almost) anything to anyone no questions asked - Russia also.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia isn't in need of Germany. We have the cash and can go wherever we want. We all know that the reason mention is not legitimate for the fact that Germany has not halt arm export to Israel. Let's not forget that Israel is located in the same region as Saudi Arabia and also more vulnerable than the later. Saudi Arabia and the rest of the GCC states are the most stable countries in the ME. Israel on the other hand isn't stable at all and has itself engaged in human rights violation using the arms it gets from Germany but it seems like the Germans are happy with that.

I hope Saudi Arabia responce to this using economic means.

Last edited:

CanisLupas

Reactions
7 0 0
Country
Thailand
Its hard to see what the German angle is here; maybe there is something coming down the EU line and she is thinking ahead? The announcement is too public to be a manoeuver, it will be embarrassing to pull back.

I was once a Merkel fan, but have learned not to trust her. She is Machiavellian; saw this on her visit to the UK a few years back - made all these public speeches with Cameron about supporting the British claims of a need to change the EU conditions, and on who Germany would back in the leadership run - and then went to France and said the exact opposite and poo-pooed what she claimed in the UK - and openly backed the person she said she wouldn't. I understand that she should not be at the beck and call of the UK - not saying that she should - but being intentionally duplicitous makes me trust her not at all!

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
All the big countries are in the arms trade: USA, UK, France, China are some of the biggest. France is always getting bad mouthed for selling (almost) anything to anyone no questions asked - Russia also.

This is a sad reality, to see that the most influential countries in the world are the ones that contribute the most to war by selling weapons. They should work in the defense of peace, not promoting it.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
Well Germany needs to stop supplying unstable regions with weapons that will only result in the death of hundreds of civilians. Full time these so called developed countries stop supporting wars and creating more terrorist groups.