Germany Pegida: Protest leader quits amid Hitler row | World Defense

Germany Pegida: Protest leader quits amid Hitler row

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
The head of Germany's "anti-Islamisation" movement Pegida has quit after disparaging anti-refugee comments and a photo showing him apparently posing as Hitler emerged.

Lutz Bachmann apologised for Facebook comments he made in which he reportedly called refugees "animals" and "scumbags".

He did not mention the photo of him with Hitler-style hair and moustache.

Meanwhile, thousands of people have marched in Leipzig at a Pegida rally.
source: BBC News - Germany Pegida: Protest leader quits amid Hitler row

Am I the only one who finds this a bit Ironic? I mean it was Hitler after all who called Arabs 'Honorary Aryans' in a speach talking about WW2 in Africa and the Middle East when they were fighting the British. So how long does everyone think this movement is going to survive now? I give it a couple weeks max.

starshine

Reactions
34 1 0
Country
Canada
The less safe people feel, the more their true nature comes out. I don't know how ironic it is, but it's overall not surprising. You talk of a movement... To be honest, these kinds of mentalities were already widespread, this hatred against immigrants and refugees. It might be manifesting itself in a more concrete manner now, but I have no doubt that it will be exploited in many different ways in the future anyway.

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
Not that surprising if you think about it. I was sure they were going to be neonazis. Hopefully this organization will manage to find some more moderate leaders in the future.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
If they are from the extreme right it will be hard to find a moderate leader lol, I guess they would settle for one that is not crazy and don't worship the holocaust, that is a little too much.