Girls in Nigeria | World Defense

Girls in Nigeria

vinceasneed

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
Nigeria is a very dangerous to be right now. It is sad how the men of boko haram are kidnapping girls and practically making them slaves. I truly wonder what if anything can be done. We can't put sanctions on Nigeria as they are not in control of these men. We can't fight a war against boko haram in the traditional sense. And these men would kill those girls without any hesitation. I truly wonder what we as a world community can do to save the people in Nigeria. I used to want to visit there as a tourist but I guess that won't happen anytime soon.

stryker

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
Terrorists of this scale always make it hard to fight them by being in places where they know the rest of the world is not going to bomb the stuffing out of them. They are all cowardly bullies hiding behind women, children and other civilians. I don't think there will be any way to fight them until the rest of the world realizes that sometimes you're going to have to pay (knowingly) with innocent lives in order to get a message across to terrorist groups like boko haram.

Onionman

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
It's worth stating that Boko Haram are only really active in the Muslim north and not across the whole (very large) country. In fact, it's like two countries stuck together. That said, it just goes to show how ineffective the government is in controlling a lawless terrorist group by the fact that there's been no sign of the girls and Boko Haram has been able to continue to murder and pillage in the north.

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
I saw a news article where they think they may be using these kidnapped girls as suicide bombers. I just find it so hard to believe that this large number of girls has be kidnapped and they cannot be recovered. Now, they are in very grave danger. What I find even more sad is that we rallied for these girls for such a short amount of time. We wanted to go in and find these girls and bring them home, and now it seems we have almost forgotten them. I saw a chart of places where Boko Haram has caused damage and it is red all over. Is there something that can be done to stop them?

stryker

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
It's worth stating that Boko Haram are only really active in the Muslim north and not across the whole (very large) country. In fact, it's like two countries stuck together. That said, it just goes to show how ineffective the government is in controlling a lawless terrorist group by the fact that there's been no sign of the girls and Boko Haram has been able to continue to murder and pillage in the north.

Does it not sicken you to recognize the fact that the government (ALL government everywhere added together) is completely "ineffective", as you say, in dealing with this inhuman faction of thugs? There is always such talk of the world coming together and being one, mush mush and etc; yet the world cannot join hands and rid itself of this spiritual (I use that term lightly) cancer upon its surface.
If the kumbaya-ers in the world really wanted it to join together and be one then taking care of this situation and any like it now and any time it raises its head in the future would be the first step.
The good in the world simply cannot continue to be cowed by the evil; otherwise, the day will come when there will be no good in the world.

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
Does it not sicken you to recognize the fact that the government (ALL government everywhere added together) is completely "ineffective", as you say, in dealing with this inhuman faction of thugs? There is always such talk of the world coming together and being one, mush mush and etc; yet the world cannot join hands and rid itself of this spiritual (I use that term lightly) cancer upon its surface.
If the kumbaya-ers in the world really wanted it to join together and be one then taking care of this situation and any like it now and any time it raises its head in the future would be the first step.
The good in the world simply cannot continue to be cowed by the evil; otherwise, the day will come when there will be no good in the world.
I do not think that evil can resist without good and I will continue to hold on to that, but I concur that it is time for the good talkers to become good doers in the world and stop letting so much suffering continue unchecked. This has just become completely outrageous.

Guardian

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
When there is not a powerful enough force for good willing to do the necessary things to keep evil in check, evil will run unchecked for as long and as far as it can. Boko Haram is a force for evil that needs to be stopped. No one is willing to take the action required because it isn't seen as a benefit to those that have the capability to stop them. The problem then, is any resistance that could be offered in that area will be whittled to nothing, then Boko Haram will spread too far for even a capable force to dispatch them quickly.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Nigeria is a very dangerous to be right now. It is sad how the men of boko haram are kidnapping girls and practically making them slaves. I truly wonder what if anything can be done. We can't put sanctions on Nigeria as they are not in control of these men. We can't fight a war against boko haram in the traditional sense. And these men would kill those girls without any hesitation. I truly wonder what we as a world community can do to save the people in Nigeria. I used to want to visit there as a tourist but I guess that won't happen anytime soon.

I often wonder that myself, but aside from occupying the country and creating a civil law enforcement that is military based and forcing order and rules on the country ourselves... there is nothing else I can think of. The government of Nigeria has to fight back against these terrorist on their own ground just as we in the US fight them on ours and other countries fight them on theirs. I wish there was a way we could solve the worlds problems, but unfortunately it is hard enough to solve our own first.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Preemptive action is what can stop such terrorist groups from growing as huge as Boko Haram has grown. Making the assumption that Nigeria has an intelligence agency then they knew about Boko Haram from the very beginning but because they weren't that strong then, no action was taken because the government believed the group could be easily crushed or maybe they were [afraid] such action have made things worse?

Right now, I think the only people who can stop this are Muslim leaders. The Nigerian government should use them as mediators to end all the bloodshed.