Google launches Dubai Street View, first in the Arab world | Page 2 | World Defense

Google launches Dubai Street View, first in the Arab world

fire421

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
I love the Burj Khalifa and am happy there is finally a street view.

d4rk3n

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
India
Finally, Dubai! :)
A city I can't really afford to visit right now. But thanks to google, I can finally check how things have progressed over there. A lot of people praise a lot about Dubai, so I'm quite excited.
Kudos to google for pulling this off.

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
It really has to happen, because Dubai really has world-class streets one could only imagine. I think it's a good move to boost their already doing-well tourism and economy. And to those who can't afford yet to get a tour in Dubai, looking at its streets through Google will give them temporary relief and make them even more inspired. This is really something that's good to hear.

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
From what I've heard, the UAE really wants to reach out to the west and bring in serious business and tourism. I can understand why they would be the only Arab nation to open up to this. The Arab world in general does not have a favorable view of the west, so this is definitely progress of some kind.

wahmed

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think Saudia Arabia is happy with the millions it gets for pilgrimages yearly. It wants to keep it that way and not be commercial.