Greetings | World Defense

Greetings

JungleSix

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
14 0 0
Country
USA
I'm a former Marine Infantry NCO and defense industry employee. I also served in the North Carolina Air National Guard. I was a military affairs correspondent covering USCENTCOM and USSOCOM from the Persian Gulf War through the incursion into Afghanistan and the '03 invasion of Iraq.

In Vietnam I served with the 2nd Combined Action Group--small, independent teams of Marines conducting combat operations, counter-insurgency and foreign internal defense with South Vietnamese Regional Force Infantry units. My tour ended when I was wounded. I am a member of Counterparts/THDNA, an association of former military advisors to SVN Army and indigenous forces.

After the Marine Corps I worked armed plain-clothes security at Norden--then a division of the United Aircraft Corporation--which, at the time, was making cockpit instrumentation for fighter aircraft. My father was an executive there and eventually retired from Norden.

I'm retired, married, have three sons and enjoy military history, shooting and beer. :cool: And my apologies for the long-winded intro.

Last edited:

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Welcome to the forum!

JungleSix

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
14 0 0
Country
USA
Welcome aboard @JungleSix and thank you for your service. Nice avatar you got there... what does it represent if I may ask?

Thank you, sir. It's the emblem for the military advisor association I belong to.

bfe762af-c8b7-4722-a7ad-14d6749837bf.jpg

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan