Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hamas condemns assassination attempt on Gen. Soleimani
Hamas condemns assassination attempt on Gen. Soleimani

RAMALLAH (UrduPoint News / Sputnik - 04th October, 2019) The Palestinian Hamas movement condemned on Friday an assassination attempt against the head of the Iran Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) Quds Force unit, Maj. Gen. Qasem Soleimani.

"The Hamas movement condemns the attempt to assassinate the IRGC Quds Force's commander, Maj. Gen. Qasem Soleiman," the Islamist movement said in a statement.

Hamas added that attempts to assassinate Soleimani "would serve only the Zionist interests and aim to provoke unrest." It stressed that the country should unite its efforts "to confront the Israeli occupation."

On October 3, the Iranian Tasnim news agency reported that the IRGC Intelligence Organization had foiled the attempt by a "group of terrorists" to organize an explosion in Iran's city of Kerman, which Soleimani was due to visit during the Yom Ashura mourning day in early September.

IRGC intelligence head Hossein Taeb said that the attempt was aimed at starting a "religious war." He also noted that members of the terrorist group, who were preparing for the crime, were detained.

The Quds Force is in charge of conducting intelligence operations outside of Iran. Soleimani is included in the UN list of Iranian military and political figures who are banned from leaving the country.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Here we go again. Instead of focusing on Palestine, Hamas again standing with a US designated terror organization. How is that going to help Hamas in anyway? Its not. It would further destroy its image in the Arab World.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
I don't know if I believe such an assassination plot was even under works. It may be that Iran is seeking an excuse to conduct some attacks. Or it may be true, who knows.

As for Hamas, they have politicians based in Lebanon and they are funded by Iran, and those officials and journalists push them to make statements in defense of Iran or else they will withdraw funding. Palestinians would love for Hamas and Islamic Jihad to find an alternative to Iran. Problem is, all options are bad. So Hamas and Islamic Jihad will take Iranian military support that they desperately need. If Arabs were willing to support us, we will certainly take their support. Although Arab states are led by regimes that view these movements as a threat, just like the rebel groups in Syria.

Hamas is not perfect, and most people in Gaza do not like their politicians minus a select few. However, people in Gaza support the military wing and the military wing of Islamic Jihad(which is only military movement and doesn't assume governmental responsibilities). And Hamas agreed to allow PA to rule Gaza but without disarming the military factions. This would have been ideal for Gaza but PA didn't want that.

So until a better alternative comes up, Hamas gonna try to appease all sides. And behave like any other government in the region. I personally don't like it and would prefer them to stay strictly within Sunni bloc but that Sunni bloc needs to arise , and as soon as possible. I don't consider the regimes to represent Sunni Islam/Muslim aspirations.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Here we go again. Instead of focusing on Palestine, Hamas again standing with a US designated terror organization. How is that going to help Hamas in anyway? Its not. It would further destroy its image in the Arab World.

To be honest, everyone has bad image in the region now. And I think solution for Muslims in region would be to establish a Union and choose an Imam to rule them. I don't like the reality of so many different political movements and I don't like reality of nation states. Arab states should not have been cut up into so many different states. They were never like that. Levant was one state, North Africa was one state, and Hejaz was one state and it should be that way again.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
If Arabs were willing to support us, we will certainly take their support. Although Arab states are led by regimes that view these movements as a threat, just like the rebel groups in Syria.

Hamas is not perfect, and most people in Gaza do not like their politicians minus a select few. However, people in Gaza support the military wing and the military wing of Islamic Jihad(which is only military movement and doesn't assume governmental responsibilities). And Hamas agreed to allow PA to rule Gaza but without disarming the military factions. This would have been ideal for Gaza but PA didn't want that.

So until a better alternative comes up, Hamas gonna try to appease all sides. And behave like any other government in the region. I personally don't like it and would prefer them to stay strictly within Sunni bloc but that Sunni bloc needs to arise , and as soon as possible. I don't consider the regimes to represent Sunni Islam/Muslim aspirations.

Hamas is not us as in Palestinian people. Support in today's term is economic, humanitarian assistance and political support. All Arab countries and International community look at PA as the only legitimate representative of the State of Palestine. Hamas should be the military wing of the PA authority and stop issuing political statement. Stupidity has no cure.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Hamas is not us as in Palestinian people. Support in today's term is economic, humanitarian assistance and political support. All Arab countries and International community look at PA as the only legitimate representative of the State of Palestine. Hamas should be the military wing of the PA authority and stop issuing political statement. Stupidity has no cure.

My friend, I am referring to 'us' as in the people and military factions. Hamas did offer PA exactly what you bring up, to be military wing under PLO and disband its government. PA did not agree and wanted the military factions to disarm. Every Palestinian wants a reconciliation to happen and for Hamas to become just a military movement like the PIJ. PA first needs to agree to this and so do Arab governments. Because US is against it and threatens to withdraw support to PA if that happens and so do Arab states.

Anyhow, you should not be bothered about their statements. I already explained why they make such statements in previous post. And they are weak regional player and their activities are exclusive to Palestine. They are not gonna affect regional situation. You should more be concerned with any reapproachment with Syrian regime or talks with Iran by your government or other ones in region.

And as I always said and will continue to say. Arab Muslims(Sunni and Shia) that want to be free from oppression and foreign influence should all form one united bloc and choose good leaders for themselves instead of working with what they have. What we have now is going to guarantee more disputes and continued inability to tackle such threats.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
My friend, I am referring to 'us' as in the people and military factions. Hamas did offer PA exactly what you bring up, to be military wing under PLO and disband its government. PA did not agree and wanted the military factions to disarm. Every Palestinian wants a reconciliation to happen and for Hamas to become just a military movement like the PIJ. PA first needs to agree to this and so do Arab governments. Because US is against it and threatens to withdraw support to PA if that happens and so do Arab states.

And as I always said and will continue to say. Arab Muslims(Sunni and Shia) that want to be free from oppression and foreign influence should all form one united bloc and choose good leaders for themselves instead of working with what they have. What we have now is going to guarantee more disputes and continued inability to tackle such threats.

A reconciliation is a must otherwise nothing going to change.

No one is oppressed in the Arab world. At least not in the GCC. Good economy and high living standard.

Anyhow, you should not be bothered about their statements. I already explained why they make such statements in previous post. And they are weak regional player and their activities are exclusive to Palestine. They are not gonna affect regional situation. You should more be concerned with any reapproachment with Syrian regime or talks with Iran by your government or other ones in region.

This is not personal. People in the Arab world do bother and Arab governments takes every word coming out of Hamas seriously. There is no backtrack here. If the mullah is removed from power, Hamas will be left alone.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
A reconciliation is a must otherwise nothing going to change.

Well now they wanna do elections, lol.

No one is oppressed in the Arab world. At least not in the GCC. Good economy and high living standard.

Almost everyone is oppressed in the Arab world. Arab public don't have a say in decision making which is counterproductive. Quality of life is not sufficient alone.

This is not personal. People in the Arab world do bother and Arab governments takes every word coming out of Hamas seriously. There is no backtrack here. If the mullah is removed from power, Hamas will be left alone.

Arab governments don't really care, they never cared about Hamas before Iran supported them or after. Hamas is not significant. Most Arab governments wanted them to disappear. If Iranian regime collapses, Hamas will just relapse to historical role in Palestinian arena.