Hamas delegation arrives in Saudi Arabia

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Hamas delegation arrives in Saudi Arabia | Middle East Eye

A delegation of Hamas leaders is now in Saudi Arabia to perform the Umrah, or lesser pilgrimage, for the first time in years, sources told MEE on Wednesday.

Earlier in the day, the Arabic news website Arabi21 reported that the Hamas delegation was coming to Saudi Arabia after years of being banned from entering the Gulf country during the reign of former King Abdullah.

The relationship between Hamas and Saudi Arabia had been sour for years, but upon the death of the kingdom's leader on 23 January, 2015, leaders of Hamas have gone to great lengths to foster warmer political connections with the new leadership.

@Scorpion @Gasoline

Hopefully this is beginning of process of relations. We want to be done with Iran as soon as possible. We understand Iran's games, sectarian approach in the region and their ultimate goal of spreading their ideology to expand Persian influence rather than use money on their own people and economy. Recently in Gaza, they are trying to start a Shia group there(Harakat Al Sabareen) and funneling most of their money/weapons to them. They want this group to spread Shiasm, militarily this group has done nothing. It is rejected in Palestine by vast majority, all of its supporters on FB are Iraqi Shias and Iranians. This group will be completely disbanded by us if Arab world can finally bring itself to eliminate Iran's ploy to champion Palestinian cause which it and its allies constantly use for propaganda purposes. If Arab world can influence Egypt and provide funds for Palestinian parties the counter-Iran process will begin in Palestine.

We are worried about them just as much as other Arabs are, we don't like people messing with our faith and trying to spread Shia twelver ideology in order to increase Persian infleunce in region which is their agenda. This is why most of them support this tiny Shia group with passion, because they're Shia extremists who want everyone to become Iranian and serve their interests. Right now Hamas feels it will have something to lose if it disbands this group now because relations with Arab world(besides Qatar) are unclear/unestablished currently.

The good part is Hamas didn't capitulate to Iran and this led Iran to distance itself from Hamas, so we won't allow their propaganda about 'resistance' project which is Persian Empire project to use us a tool for them. And we want all forms of ties completely cut. However they try finding loopholes and create another group by giving a lot of money to Shia's. And by trying to turn them into military power to launch coup in future and make Palestine Shia by force they are risking driving us into civil war but currently there are no worries as they are extremely outnumbered and our Salafi groups/Hamas will not allow any kind of scheme.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Interesting development. I wonder what is the deal behind the visit. I have heard that they went there to preform Umrah. It could be a cover who knows! Keep us updated dear brother.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Interesting development. I wonder what is the deal behind the visit. I have heard that they went there to preform Umrah. It could be a cover who knows! Keep us updated dear brother.

Yes they did also come for umrah, if my sources indicate any information on details of meetings I'll let you know. :)

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines

I agree, it is an interesting event considering that Hamas is somewhat considered a rebel group in Palestine. Perhaps there is a deeper meaning to that visit and all we can do for now is to speculate and wait for developments. I just hope that in case there is something going on between Hamas and Saudi Arabia, it would be for the good of all.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Yes they did also come for umrah, if my sources indicate any information on details of meetings I'll let you know. :)

Hamas delegation arrives in Saudi Arabia | Middle East Eye

A delegation of Hamas leaders is now in Saudi Arabia to perform the Umrah, or lesser pilgrimage, for the first time in years, sources told MEE on Wednesday.

Earlier in the day, the Arabic news website Arabi21 reported that the Hamas delegation was coming to Saudi Arabia after years of being banned from entering the Gulf country during the reign of former King Abdullah.

The relationship between Hamas and Saudi Arabia had been sour for years, but upon the death of the kingdom's leader on 23 January, 2015, leaders of Hamas have gone to great lengths to foster warmer political connections with the new leadership.

@Scorpion @Gasoline

Hopefully this is beginning of process of relations. We want to be done with Iran as soon as possible. We understand Iran's games, sectarian approach in the region and their ultimate goal of spreading their ideology to expand Persian influence rather than use money on their own people and economy. Recently in Gaza, they are trying to start a Shia group there(Harakat Al Sabareen) and funneling most of their money/weapons to them. They want this group to spread Shiasm, militarily this group has done nothing. It is rejected in Palestine by vast majority, all of its supporters on FB are Iraqi Shias and Iranians. This group will be completely disbanded by us if Arab world can finally bring itself to eliminate Iran's ploy to champion Palestinian cause which it and its allies constantly use for propaganda purposes. If Arab world can influence Egypt and provide funds for Palestinian parties the counter-Iran process will begin in Palestine.

We are worried about them just as much as other Arabs are, we don't like people messing with our faith and trying to spread Shia twelver ideology in order to increase Persian infleunce in region which is their agenda. This is why most of them support this tiny Shia group with passion, because they're Shia extremists who want everyone to become Iranian and serve their interests. Right now Hamas feels it will have something to lose if it disbands this group now because relations with Arab world(besides Qatar) are unclear/unestablished currently.

The good part is Hamas didn't capitulate to Iran and this led Iran to distance itself from Hamas, so we won't allow their propaganda about 'resistance' project which is Persian Empire project to use us a tool for them. And we want all forms of ties completely cut. However they try finding loopholes and create another group by giving a lot of money to Shia's. And by trying to turn them into military power to launch coup in future and make Palestine Shia by force they are risking driving us into civil war but currently there are no worries as they are extremely outnumbered and our Salafi groups/Hamas will not allow any kind of scheme.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
5 car bombs just went off in Gaza....few hours after reported meetings between Meshaal and Salman....too early to tell why but you can suspect who ....somebody that wants Gaza to remain under their sphere of influence...