"Happy 4th of July" from Russia | World Defense

"Happy 4th of July" from Russia

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
Two Russian nuclear bombers flew within 40 miles of the California coast and one of the pilots relayed a veiled threat during the Fourth of July aerial incident, defense officials said.

“Good morning American pilots, we are here to greet you on your Fourth of July Independence Day,” a Russian Tu-95 Bear bomber crew member stated over the emergency aircraft channel.

Meanwhile, Russia’s across-the-board buildup of nuclear forces and revised doctrine are increasing the danger of a nuclear war, according to a think tank report on nuclear threats.

Defense officials and the Colorado-based U.S. Northern Command said this week that two U.S. F-15 jets intercepted the Russian bombers on July 4 as they flew as close as 39 miles from the coast of Mendocino County, north of San Francisco.

During the intercept, a crew member on one of the bombers issued a warning in a radio message, according to defense officials familiar with the incident this week...

Russian Bombers Flew Within 40 Miles of N. California Coast | Washington Free Beacon

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
That greeting does not sound like a specific threat to me, unless they are considering the flight pattern to indicate that they are threatening us in some way. I do not think they are smart to fly so close. Sounds like they are reinstating the Cold War, pulling stupid scare stunts like that. I don't want to worry about it though. There is nothing we can do about it anyway.

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
It's something normal. Thus I would say ~^~ :

Female_officer_saluting.jpg

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
Have you ever played that game where you are sticking your finger like an inch from someone's face, and say "I'm not touching you!Haha!" I think this was Russia's way of saying "I'm not touching you!Haha!"

Susimi

Reactions
55 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
It sounds like there was nothing threatening going on. Sounds like just a little bit of military banter, that's all.

The Russian craft were conducting a regular mission and decided to say hello to the Americans.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
That greeting does not sound like a specific threat to me, unless they are considering the flight pattern to indicate that they are threatening us in some way. I do not think they are smart to fly so close. Sounds like they are reinstating the Cold War, pulling stupid scare stunts like that. I don't want to worry about it though. There is nothing we can do about it anyway.

Same here, I also think that greeting is more of a courtesy call from those Russian pilots. To think that they are humans too and only getting orders from the higher ups, those pilots mayh have felt the need to be cordial because what's wrong with being cordial to an enemy? Besides, is US an enemy? I guess that's not a stupid scare stunt because it had driven home its point, i.e. to send the greetings.