Hart say Hillary's billion dollar campaign too much | World Defense

Hart say Hillary's billion dollar campaign too much

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
If that's what everyone is up against, how is this NOT buying the office? I want Hillary to win, but its more important to preserve the democracy. Its already impossible for an average person to become president. But now it's only billionaires. I think Bill Gates should run. Then he can put them all in their place.

Gabriel Debenedetti - POLITICO.com

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think for a long time, with any political campaign but especially in the USA, it's all been about how much money you can throw at it. Rather than people looking at policies, agendas and manifestos it's now just a popularity contest and people vote for who they like the most, rather than who will help what people really believe will make the country a better place.

What's the general opinion of Hilary Clinton, do people want her to run and if so what type of Americans will vote for her?

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I think for a long time, with any political campaign but especially in the USA, it's all been about how much money you can throw at it. Rather than people looking at policies, agendas and manifestos it's now just a popularity contest and people vote for who they like the most, rather than who will help what people really believe will make the country a better place.

What's the general opinion of Hilary Clinton, do people want her to run and if so what type of Americans will vote for her?
I my opinion, there are people who want her to run, but not for the right reason. She is the first woman to stand a chance at being president. That is more important to a lot of people than whether or not she can do the job. I'm skeptical about if America can accept a female president, right now, though. After the reaction to a black man in office, I don't think things will improve if the republicans don't get their white male in office.

jeremy2

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Kenya
No matter how much money the individual candidates spend on their campaign trails, at the end of the day, it's their policies which will sell. A huge democracy like America doesn't need to be influenced with money for the voters to pick the right candidate.

gmckee1985

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
I'm not concerned with the amount of money being spent on politics. Eventually, people will get tired of spending money on politicians, especially those that aren't sure winners. Money isn't buying the office. Flesh and blood people have to actually vote for you. It doesn't how much money you can raise for a campaign at the end of the day you still have to be able to sell your ideas to everyday Americans.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Even if I'm not from the United States, from an onlooker's point of view, it would be nice if Hillary wins. I'd like to see a female president in the United States for once. The country's looking a tad bit too patriarchal with nothing but men as presidents. If Hillary can manifest that she's capable of turning into an iron-fisted leader, then all the more reason to support her. These times call for level-headed decision-making. All the Republican candidates out there will surely declare war. I say this but I don't really mind if Carson wins too. Something should be done about their expenses, though. Can't anyone win an election without spending millions or billions?

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
No matter how much money the individual candidates spend on their campaign trails, at the end of the day, it's their policies which will sell. A huge democracy like America doesn't need to be influenced with money for the voters to pick the right candidate.

the only way to win is to get your name out there more than the other guys. The only way to do that is with lots of money. When a lot of people vote (obviously not all people though) 2 things matter: the party, and name recognition.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
A person should not overspend as, they may not get the amount back or may get less than the amount they spent and Hillary has some good ideas will have to see how those play out though. How a person acts and how popular they are will mattter and how much marketing is being done will make them the person people will want to see as next president. I reckon, that it will be a change if a women becomes the next president and will bring a change and women will be given more rights as well.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I have sympathy for voters in the USA. I think it's dreadfully unfair that your choices are another Clinton or another Bush. Having said that, I can certainly imagine Hillary having the balls to stand up to the worst of the world leaders.

Coming from the UK, I can assure you that a female leader does not always guarantee improved women's rights though.

It's our General Election next month and it will be interesting to find out who's going to be responsible for maintaining the relationship between our countries in the future.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
Do women's rights still need improving? And that's a serious question by the way as I thought men and women are pretty equal these days with various laws brought in over the years?

But back on topic, I have to admit, I'm not saying the voters in the US are fickle, but as it stands, with the amount of publicity Hilary Clinton is getting even without her campaign, it's turning into a forgone conclusion already.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
And here I am thinking that money to get in office was a third world issue. If they are willing to spend a billion dollars to get elected then they must have some serious agenda. The salary of a president will never recover those funds so why spend so much to get elected?

adfnio

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
Money is King, or in this case Queen. Sure the policies and views on key issues make all the difference in the world, but without the financial backing you can't hit the masses with your messages. That's where the billion dollars comes in. Both democratic and republican representatives will spend exactly one billion dollars to become the next president of the united states.

In the last presidential election, both major party candidates spent 1 billion dollars. So this come as to no surprise that the lobbyist has set their budget every election. They give both parties money to go around and spend and in the end they still get favors because they bought both parties.