Hello - New Member (Iranian) | World Defense

Hello - New Member (Iranian)

Persian Gulf

Reactions
104 1 0
Country
Iran
Hi everyone :)

I am from Iran but I live in Europe. Looking forward to interacting with and learning from others, as well as discussing military developments (especially Iranian military).

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Hi everyone :)

I am from Iran but I live in Europe. Looking forward to interacting with and learning from others, as well as discussing military developments (especially Iranian military).
Welcome to the forum. What is that you do in real life, if you dont mind me asking.

Enjoy your stay.

Best Regards

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Welcome to the forum dear Arabian Gulf œ∑¥

Persian Gulf

Reactions
104 1 0
Country
Iran
Sounds nice. Hope you can give an insiders view of Iran, and how people view the current regime.
I don't know how much politics discussion is allowed on this forum, but the situation is not so good... But most people blame the sanctions rather than the regime (although of course everyone knows about the corruption of the regime...).

Is there an Iranian sub forum on here to discuss Iranian military (etc) developments?

I like to tease our neighbours all the time. (:-)
Isn't that classed as a provocation under the forum rules? 0O\:p

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I don't know how much politics discussion is allowed on this forum, but the situation is not so good... But most people blame the sanctions rather than the regime (although of course everyone knows about the corruption of the regime...).

Is there an Iranian sub forum on here to discuss Iranian military (etc) developments?

Isn't that classed as a provocation under the forum rules? 0O\:p
Well pretty simple in my opinion - no fanatical regime = no sanctions.

Anyways we have these two dedicated iranian threads:

Persian Gulf

Reactions
104 1 0
Country
Iran
Well pretty simple in my opinion - no fanatical regime = no sanctions.

Anyways we have these two dedicated iranian threads:

US sanctions anyone that doesn't submit to their demands, look at Turkey. Many Iranians feel keeping our sovereignty and independence is a price worth paying for the sanctions, especially since the US unilaterally violated the JCPOA. (But this doesn't mean Iranians are fond of this regime of course...)

Thank you for the links!

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
US sanctions anyone that doesn't submit to their demands, look at Turkey. Many Iranians feel keeping our sovereignty and independence is a price worth paying for the sanctions, especially since the US unilaterally violated the JCPOA. (But this doesn't mean Iranians are fond of this regime of course...)

Thank you for the links!
Sovereignty - now that makes a lot of sense. BUT one has to look at the economic cost , that the average joe has to pay as well

Persian Gulf

Reactions
104 1 0
Country
Iran
Sovereignty - now that makes a lot of sense. BUT one has to look at the economic cost , that the average joe has to pay as well
Yes of course, and the biggest sufferers of the sanctions are the Iranian people not the regime... This is why sanctions do not work ! The regime children and aghazadehs are free to study in Europe and live good lives whilst ordinary people lose quality of life, lose opportunity and lose basic things in life, and give the regime an excuse for their suffering (the illegal US sanctions).

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0

We used to have one but due to the inactivity of Iranian members, we have merged it with the ME section of the forum, the place where you will find many Iran-related threads.

Persian Gulf

Reactions
104 1 0
Country
Iran
We used to have one but due to the inactivity of Iranian members, we have merged it with the ME section of the forum, the place where you will find many Iran-related threads.

I see, could you possibly create a separate Iranian section again? The current ME&Africa section is about "Primarily all Arab and African countries" so a separate Iranian section would make sense. Also I have made 2/3 threads specific to Iran that I think would be better to go in a Iran section than just scattered around (combined with the existing Iranian threads like about missiles etc). But of course I understand the inactivity issue. :)