How does Iran actually feel? | World Defense

How does Iran actually feel?

vinceasneed

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
We know how the government feels. But the real question is how does the average person feel. This is especially true in the military. Are they brainwashed like the North Koreans? Or are they fighting for a cause that they don't really understand? American military is often said to be in this boat that we fight for things sometimes that the average person in the military doesn't understand. The only thing they know is that they have orders. I wonder if the military in Iran feels the same way. Not the leadership, but the average person.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
They aren't fighting....so what do you mean?

And Iranians are educated people for most part but they do have some poverty. Iranians realize sanctions are preventing them from full potential. Some don't relate with government completely but they are nationalistic people. And take pride in rich history.

Regarding your question on military, in middle east it's about national interests as well. For for individual soldier or militant some see it as holy cause. Or at very least want to be martyred as they believe it.

People like ISIS believe they're directly fighting for God as they are rebuilding his state and implementing his laws in their own words.

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
I think that they think they are being oppressed by the world, and that's what the cause that they are fighting. Though we know that it's not the case, but because of varying beliefs and even opposing, we fight with other nations believing that we are fighting for the sake of all the humans in world, for the humanity.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Iranians are completely brainwashed by their Mullas. Media is censored as well. Satellite dishes are illegal to be installed, internet is filtered and so on. They are fed with hate, people are racists. The whole world is Satan to them. The US is the Big one and Israel is the small one, Saudi Arabia is and the rest of the Arab world are the infidels...

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
The only experiences I've had with Iranians are people who have left the country. Many still go back and see family and friends and none have ever talked about being harassed by either countries customs or strangers. Do they see America as the 'Evil Empire', I would say not really. The Government tried to portray the USA as that but most people understand that its propaganda.

globulon

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Canada
I've met many Iranians before and they are normal people like all of us. They have rich cultures and traditions and are certainly not brainwashed into thinking the whole Western world is out to destroy them. However, there is a big difference between the average populace and the government itself. While the government may be hostile towards the Western world, the average person does not seem to be.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
The only experiences I've had with Iranians are people who have left the country. Many still go back and see family and friends and none have ever talked about being harassed by either countries customs or strangers. Do they see America as the 'Evil Empire', I would say not really. The Government tried to portray the USA as that but most people understand that its propaganda.

I've met many Iranians before and they are normal people like all of us. They have rich cultures and traditions and are certainly not brainwashed into thinking the whole Western world is out to destroy them. However, there is a big difference between the average populace and the government itself. While the government may be hostile towards the Western world, the average person does not seem to be.

You guys don't live in the region therefor you don't know how the average people see the US/Europe/Saudi Arabia. The people are totally brainwashed. They do what the Mullas tell them to do.

joshua minaya

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
We know how the government feels. But the real question is how does the average person feel. This is especially true in the military. Are they brainwashed like the North Koreans? Or are they fighting for a cause that they don't really understand? American military is often said to be in this boat that we fight for things sometimes that the average person in the military doesn't understand. The only thing they know is that they have orders. I wonder if the military in Iran feels the same way. Not the leadership, but the average person.

You have a point there because often times the soldier on the field does not really see the big picture. This happens to be the trend for most military personnel across the world and i don't think Iran is an exception.

Bread

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Philippines
Even if we're talking about the average person, there's still the distinction of those who do nothing but listen to the higher-ups(the ones you called brainwashed people) and those who can tell right from wrong who have either left the country or stay in it while living in all the chaos or whatever. Some are bad, some are good, some are normal. Just like everywhere else in the world and well an Iranian replied to this post so maybe he/she can enlighten us a bit more on what they feel?