Hypocritical Obama | World Defense

Hypocritical Obama

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
So the UK is voting on if it should stay or leave the EU or not soon, so here comes president Obama on a whistle stop tour of the UK to tell us what to do.

We'd be foolish in his opinion if we voted out of the EU. The UK must stay in the EU or else the US might not deal with us any more. Furthermore, we should open up our borders even more and on top of that embrace the other nations more, and allow the EU to make more decisions on our behalf.

Is that what Obama would do if we was talking about the US? What if the prime minister from another country came to the US and told it's citizens that what you need to do is give up your sovereignty, open up your borders to South America and instead of making your own decisions, you had to ask all the South American countries if it was ok by them?

It was them who set the rules and laws that your governed by, would that be ok? Would you find that acceptable? Of course you wouldn't, so why should we in the UK do something that he wouldn't do himself or ask his own people to do?

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
Obama is a lame duck, at the end of his last term, and struggling to be relevant. Most I know here in the United States think he should stay out of the issue. It's the UK's business whether it wants to stay in the EU or go, and many in the US understand the desire to separate from an overbearing institution that isn't acting in its best interest.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
I know quite a few Americans as I've lived and worked there for a few years on and off before coming back home to England now permanently, and what Obama is saying certainly differs to what the people that I know are saying.

Obama getting his own house in order before commenting on the issues of others is the main thing that people are saying. Furthermore in regards to trade, some businesses are saying they'd deal MORE with the UK if we came out of the EU, as at the moment it's the rules and regulations that the EU impose on us (and them) that makes it not worthwhile for them sometimes.

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
I know quite a few Americans as I've lived and worked there for a few years on and off before coming back home to England now permanently, and what Obama is saying certainly differs to what the people that I know are saying.

Obama getting his own house in order before commenting on the issues of others is the main thing that people are saying. Furthermore in regards to trade, some businesses are saying they'd deal MORE with the UK if we came out of the EU, as at the moment it's the rules and regulations that the EU impose on us (and them) that makes it not worthwhile for them sometimes.

Everything that comes out of his mouth is tainted by his extreme world view and radical political background. I used to converse with some in the UK in chat rooms, prior to England joining the EU, and most of them were against the idea even back then. Many have been pushing a one world agenda for so long they've forgotten that their world view is not the only one, that it may not even be universally accepted, and that the opinions of others matter.

remnant

Reactions
8 1 0
Country
Kenya
This is a common thread running across successive US presidents, am overly patronizing attitude . In other countries, Obama had the audacity to threaten consequences like withholding of aid if these countries don't pass legislation for some controversial issues for instance on gay rights. This is courtesy of the UK's clingy allegiance to the US matters foreign. Past military adventures against popular will are well documented. The crows have come home to roost. Obama has come to take this relationship for granted. Matters to do with popular franchise should never be shoved down people's throats. They should only offer suggestions .

Jason76

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
Generally speaking, a lot of resentment at the USA comes from the fact it intrudes into the affairs of other nations. In fact, the intrusion mentioned in this thread is an extreme example. It shouldn't really be a big deal if the UK makes an independent choice regarding membership in the EU. I'm wondering what is Obama's motivation for making his statement.

However, there are cases where other nations are bad and somebody needs to do something about it. For instance, the Rwandan genocide went on in the 90s, but there was no use of strong military action.

Last edited:

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
It just seems that the US presidents thinks they can do what they want, and just steamroll any country that doesn't do what they say.

The 'special' relationship they have with the UK, is only special when they want it to be, and any time it needs backing, we're the ones who get asked to help first and we're expected to help, that only works one way though.

I'm sure we all remember the Grenada invasion that the US went ahead with, even after the UK (and many other countries) condemned it. Even the United Nations themselves said it was "a flagrant violation of international law".

Where was that special relationship then?

OursIsTheFury

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Philippines
A hypocritical politician? That's absurd! But seriously, politicians in general say what gets them the best press relations, and those opinions may subject to change if the people would see it as a good thing. Heck, even Hillary Clinton opposed gay marriage, saying it is a bond between man and a woman, but when gay marriage was legalized, she as saying it was "progress", and that it is history in the making. They're all hypocrites. Might as well get used to it.

silentwarfare

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
USA
To put it bluntly, Obama is a joke and has been since the start of his first term. It was an exercise in audacity and ridiculousness to put him there with only the history of being a community organizer and a poor senator. They often test the waters to see how much they can lower the bar, and Mr. Obama was precisely....is precisely...that test right now. The next round of them doing this is with the punchlines they have running for office now. I'm sure the good people in the UK understand now why we Americans have always called Obama "Barky". He barks his racism and demands at everyone else along with his extreme world views, but doesn't follow anything that he recommends others to do while chastizing them for not doing what he wants them to. That's not a president. That's not a leader. That's practically a mental disorder, and at this point I'm convinced Barry has more than one of them.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting the impression that Obama isn't that popular of a president then, judging by a few of the comments left.

For a guy that hasn't got long to go in power though, you'd have thought he'd be trying to mend a few fences rather that setting fire to a few bridges, like he is doing at the moment.

silentwarfare

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
USA
I'm getting the impression that Obama isn't that popular of a president then, judging by a few of the comments left.

For a guy that hasn't got long to go in power though, you'd have thought he'd be trying to mend a few fences rather that setting fire to a few bridges, like he is doing at the moment.

Indeed. He has done more to destroy America and divide the people here than any president in history, and this has been agreed upon by even the most opposing liberal and conservative sides unilaterally whenever they acknowledge his actions in reality. Even Joe Biden of all people had said something about it in brief. Hillary has hinted at it but can't really say that outright for several reasons especially while still running for office. Bill Clinton however, has said some things about it in addition to Bush, Jimmy Carter, and many others. Obama hates Americans and is a plant of a president if I ever saw one.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
Indeed. He has done more to destroy America and divide the people here than any president in history, and this has been agreed upon by even the most opposing liberal and conservative sides unilaterally whenever they acknowledge his actions in reality. Even Joe Biden of all people had said something about it in brief. Hillary has hinted at it but can't really say that outright for several reasons especially while still running for office. Bill Clinton however, has said some things about it in addition to Bush, Jimmy Carter, and many others. Obama hates Americans and is a plant of a president if I ever saw one.

While like I've said before, I'm over here in the UK so I don't know all the in's and out's of US politics, mainly just what we get to read in the media, but at the time Obama took office, it seemed as if the only reason he got there was because of the colour of his skin, and more people were concerned in making sure he was the first black president, than making sure his policies had America's welfare at heart.

silentwarfare

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
USA
While like I've said before, I'm over here in the UK so I don't know all the in's and out's of US politics, mainly just what we get to read in the media, but at the time Obama took office, it seemed as if the only reason he got there was because of the colour of his skin, and more people were concerned in making sure he was the first black president, than making sure his policies had America's welfare at heart.

You're right. That was exactly the case, but you couldn't tell people differently because they refused to hear it or know better. It was like they were under a spell. And the kicker is, he's not even really black, but 1/2 jewish on his mother's side, and half kenyan on his father's. Maybe not even all of that. I heard ridiculous things from his supporters like he was going to pay their rent and give them free stuff like Bernie Sanders is promising now to collect those misfits. I'm not sure what's more horrible: that we have that many misfits throwing America down the sewer, or that Americans can be made to throw it down themselves.

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
Obama tends to do whatever will weaken the United States, both in and of itself, and also in the eyes of the world. He seems to have a particular soft spot for gay issues, and he loves to shove his agenda down the throats of citizens here. That being said, it's really nothing new to have strings tied to the administration and dissemination of financial aid. However, the aid isn't coming from his pockets, and its use should be in line with the views and values of the taxpayers, which it often isn't. He takes from taxpayers, then uses their own money against them by using it to fund things based on his own very particular (and often peculiar, for the leader of the U.S.) pet causes.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
If the reason WAS just the colour if his skin that got him into office, that also speaks volumes about how the American people can be swayed and guided without much effort.

Maybe that's why Trump as a lot of supporters now? People are believing everything that he's saying because he's a new candidate and they think he'll maybe be able to change things that the others can't.