87 1 0
Country
USA

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
@Falcon29 Here's another example of the current US attitude towards Muslims. It seems like a majority of people accept this sort of bigotry and discrimination. They feel safer knowing that they are watching out for each other. But nobody has told them they're watching the wrong people. The ones peddling hate are the "Christians"... the Muslims are just the most recent victims of the "witch hunts".

Sinan

Reactions
226 2 0
Country
Turkey
It seems like a majority of people accept this sort of bigotry and discrimination.
It's not the fault of American people but the US media. Anyways it's nothing but history repeating itself.

First it was Germans and Japanese. Then Soviet communists, now Muslims. Tomorrow it is going to be some different people.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
It's not the fault of American people but the US media. Anyways it's nothing but history repeating itself.

First it was Germans and Japanese. Then Soviet communists, now Muslims. Tomorrow it is going to be some different people.
I'm old enough to remember the cold war. But McCarthyism was before my time. I just got to read about it in books. Same with Japanese interment camps and the Salem witch trials. One book that I don't turn to for history or predictions, either one, is the bible. With my vision not being skewed by tales of the apocalypse, I can see this behavior escalating at a scary rate, and I can clearly see the perpetrators. The first 15 years since 9/11 it was there. Every breath you took on US soil smelled of the stench of brewing hatred and biases. I'll stop being so dramatic now and just say the shit feels like its about to hit the fan. The BIG fan... turned on high... and pointed towards all Muslims, and their "sympathizers", and anyone who fits the middle eastern stereotype, and mexicans.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Islamophobia blended with ignorance.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
I'm old enough to remember the cold war. But McCarthyism was before my time. I just got to read about it in books. Same with Japanese interment camps and the Salem witch trials. One book that I don't turn to for history or predictions, either one, is the bible. With my vision not being skewed by tales of the apocalypse, I can see this behavior escalating at a scary rate, and I can clearly see the perpetrators. The first 15 years since 9/11 it was there. Every breath you took on US soil smelled of the stench of brewing hatred and biases. I'll stop being so dramatic now and just say the shit feels like its about to hit the fan. The BIG fan... turned on high... and pointed towards all Muslims, and their "sympathizers", and anyone who fits the middle eastern stereotype, and mexicans.

It may seem that way when you're spending lots of time on the computer but outside it isn't that bad. :)

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
It may seem that way when you're spending lots of time on the computer but outside it isn't that bad. :)
It isn't THAT bad, yet. But I think the key word is "yet". You can't have so much hate in one country without it culminating into something extremely ugly. It just gets more common and more intense. How long before mass hysteria cancels out any kind of sense or rationality?

Also, I don't like it outside. Its too bright.