Images of global terror attacks used to draw support for Tunisia | World Defense

Images of global terror attacks used to draw support for Tunisia

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
177fed70-6e2a-4216-a201-1c0cf8fe86b6_16x9_600x338.jpg

The campaign asks onlookers "would you stop visiting" alongside a picture of the 9/11 attack in New York on the World Trade Centre. (Selim Ben Hadj Yahia, Facebook)

By Staff writer | Al Arabiya News
Sunday, 5 July 2015
Images of previous terror attacks on Western capitals have been featured as part of an online advertising campaign calling tourists not to stop visiting Tunisia after a recent militant attack, the Independent reported Saturday.

The campaign that surfaced on social media asks onlookers "would you stop visiting?" along with showing pictures of the 9/11 attack in New York on the World Trade Centre, the 7/7 bombings in London and the Charlie Hebdo attacks in Paris.

The campaign asks onlookers "would you stop visiting" alongside a picture the 7/7 bombings in London. (Selim Ben Hadj Yahia, Facebook)

The creator of the ads, Selim Ben Hadj Yahia, posted the campaign images on his Facebook account with a caption that reads: "Support Tunisia, land of peace."

The campaign draws support to Tunisia using a picture for the Charlie Hebdo attacks in Paris. (Selim Ben Hadj Yahia, Facebook)

He reportedly created them in the wake of "shock and sadness" that followed the terror attack outside a five-star hotel in Sousse on June 26.

Many tourists fled Tunisia in horror following the incident, which claimed the lives of 38 people, 30 of them were British holidaymakers.

The campaign was met with mixed reactions. It was hailed by some and others were critical of it, saying the attack on Sousse was of terrorist nature but it primarily targeted tourists.

Last Update: Sunday, 5 July 2015 KSA 13:40 - GMT 10:40
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/media/digital/2015/07/05/Campaign-uses-images-of-global-terror-attacks-to-draw-support-for-Tunisia.html

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I don't see the need to avoid Tunisia. They say that lightning never strikes twice and you can bet your bottom dollar that ISIS are planning their next escapade in a different location right now. Terrorist attacks always occur in the last place you'd expect them to and it's doubtful that anyone would try anything else in this area due to the increased vigilance that is surely in place there.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I am quite confused with that campaign. Is it being too honest as to show the violence in Tunisia and then say as if it is okay to go to Tunisia? Or is it trying to drive away the tourists from Tunisia. If I were a tourist planning a trip to Tunisia, I would probably not go upon seeing those photos of violence and destruction. For me, that 9/11 photo and destroyed double decker bus has no connection to Tunisia. Just my thoughts.