India Loses Contact With Chandrayaan-2 Moon Lander During Its Descent | Page 4 | World Defense

India Loses Contact With Chandrayaan-2 Moon Lander During Its Descent

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
5,263 259
Sir didn't you read the article I posted? In no way can this be called a royal failure. The orbiter, which has the majority of scientific payloads, was successfully launched, and is the first orbiter to orbit the moon around the poles instead of around the equator. In addition, India came closer than any country to soft landing on the Lunar South Pole. In fact, India technically is the only country to land on the moon's soft pole, even though it was a hard landing. Still a good achievement for the first attempt.

However, the most important thing is ISRO learned valuable information that can be applied to the next mission. Keep in mind that Chandrayaan 2 was largely a test run for Chandrayaan 3, which will use a rover with a much longer lifespan.

There is a reason why the world's major space agencies and many space experts are praising ISRO for the largely-successful mission. Nobody except the usual suspects from one particular country has called it a failure.
My friend, you have not carefully studied this thread, you cannot imagine how well I know your space program.

Mangus Ortus Novem

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
803 12
Country
Pakistan
Mission failed, but Bhakt keep on harping, Oh ok! \_/)

No amount of reasoning is going to convince a bhakt and possessed hypernationalist that their country is not the Centre of the Universe or Civlisation on Earth!

But keep trying... I do admire your patience!

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
5,263 259
No amount of reasoning is going to convince a bhakt and possessed hypernationalist that their country is not the Centre of the Universe or Civlisation on Earth!

But keep trying... I do admire your patience!
He is soon going to learn, that we have a very low threshold for BS & Propaganda on this forum.

Reactions
17 1
Country
India
My friend, you have not carefully studied this thread, you cannot imagine how well I know your space program.

You are right. I probably cannot imagine how much inside knowledge you have. But I am interested to know how ISRO could have released these pictures of Earth taken by the Vikram Lander in August if ISRO lost communication in July.
View attachment 9907

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
5,263 259
Reactions
17 1
Country
India

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
1,565 13

In addition to ISRO, NASA is attempting to regain contact with the Vikram Lander, which has been located near the Lunar South Pole
So its just a matter of communication being lost?

Reactions
17 1
Country
India
So its just a matter of communication being lost?
NASA and Isro are still working on finding out the exact details. The point is that most research is conducted by the orbiter, which was successfully launched. Even though the lander did not successfully soft land(although it did make a hard landing near the south pole) the mission is still far from a failure, as I have already shown.

There is still a one week window to contact the lander, so by then the exact state of the lander will be known.

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
1,565 13
NASA and Isro are still working on finding out the exact details. The point is that most research is conducted by the orbiter, which was successfully launched. Even though the lander did not successfully soft land(although it did make a hard landing near the south pole) the mission is still far from a failure, as I have already shown.

There is still a one week window to contact the lander, so by then the exact state of the lander will be known.
Not quite my field but correct me if I am wrong, losing communication means losing control or is the lander pre programmed and can carry on its own?

Reactions
17 1
Country
India
Not quite my field but correct me if I am wrong, losing communication means losing control or is the lender pre programmed and can carry on its own?
Landers are typically run by AI, so losing communication essentially means losing updates about its condition. So it is hard to determine what exactly happened. So far images from the orbiter have shown the lander intact near the designated landing site, but it likely suffered some damage. The extent of that damage is not known yet. NASA and Isro still have a week to contact it, so it is best to wait for official updates. I will try to post relevant updates here.

TsAr

Reactions
486 5
Country
Pakistan
That's not sugar coating, that is the truth. Please read what those with knowledge about space exploration are saying. Although I suppose the egree of the success vs. failure ratio is debatable, in know way can it be called a failure.

Now if the orbiter loses communications or Vikram Lander did not make it anywhere near as close as it did to making a successful soft landing(it was going fine until only 2km above the moon) than it would be a different story.
The end point is the mission failed to achieve it objective. Anyways why question is does a country like India where poverty is on the rise can spend on moon missions. I have no problem with sending satellites into the space as this is a lucrative business but this moon and mars shit is absurd.