4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
They must be really impressed with the capabilities, but I don't see why they would need so many of them. I think they could maintain constant patrol with 8 around their waters and Pakistan, maybe they want to maintain patrol around China

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,855 149 0
Country
Pakistan
India's buying spree over the last few years indicates it's ready to abandon its long maintained non-alignment policy and fall squarely into the US camp. While it has bought some high ticket Russian hardware, the pie seems to be getting smaller for Russia over the years. India's arm purchasing history with Russia has been fraught with frustration and in some ways may be happy with more reliable American hardware.

Buying American however, comes at a significant non-monetary cost, as we have seen first-hand. It's relations with China will degrade further, and likely with Russia too. This opens up opportunities for us to improve our relations with Russia. Russia, seeing Gwadar opening up and Afghanistan getting freedom from Americans will be watching the situation closely and hoping to get a piece of this trade pie. China and Russia have amicable trade relations and now Pakistan will be central to trade between them and Africa + GCC.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
India's buying spree over the last few years indicates it's ready to abandon its long maintained non-alignment policy and fall squarely into the US camp. While it has bought some high ticket Russian hardware, the pie seems to be getting smaller for Russia over the years. India's arm purchasing history with Russia has been fraught with frustration and in some ways may be happy with more reliable American hardware.

Buying American however, comes at a significant non-monetary cost, as we have seen first-hand. It's relations with China will degrade further, and likely with Russia too. This opens up opportunities for us to improve our relations with Russia. Russia, seeing Gwadar opening up and Afghanistan getting freedom from Americans will be watching the situation closely and hoping to get a piece of this trade pie. China and Russia have amicable trade relations and now Pakistan will be central to trade between them and Africa + GCC.
you may have more information than me, but from the outside looking in, it appears to me that they are just doing what's in their best interest. They are buying SU's and MIGS from Russia (Probably the best bang for the buck) and they are not compromising when it comes to ISR and ASW capabilities, (which they shouldn't) and they are going for the best equipment available which comes from the US, whether it be drones or the P8.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
They must be really impressed with the capabilities, but I don't see why they would need so many of them. I think they could maintain constant patrol with 8 around their waters and Pakistan, maybe they want to maintain patrol around China

India's conflicting China part is also around Pakistan.

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
it varies, but India has a habit of doing high tech deals with Russia then turning the corner and conducting bigger and bigger high ticket deals with the US and other NATO Countries/Allies.

but I'm starting to follow a pattern here though, Russia is winning big tickets in terms of Air Force/Defense and land forces while the US is winning Naval contracts left and right.
The reason India has moved to the P-8I replacing the Tu-142Ms and on the verge of replacing the Il-38 Sea Dragon, is because the P-8I can stay in the air longer, and cover a wider width radius. the other thing is, the P-8I were custom made specifically for India, however the technology aboard the aircraft is US tech (even if it's export model tech) it's far more advanced then Russian Tu-142Ms and Il-38 Sea Dragons are capable of (both planes were fitted with hybrid Russia/NATO tech)

remember Sikorsky also just won a contract for 24-48 MH-60Rs, which is saying something too, which it's very easy to "read" if you are a defense enthusiast, India is starting to beef up it's ASW/MPA capabilities in the region, and right now India is leading this role against Pakistan and China.

the US is committed to providing high end technology such as P-8I, E-2D AEW, EMALs for the IAC projects, MH-60R etc. is because if a naval confrontation is to begin the only one with even the slightest capabilities equal to China is India