India? | World Defense

India?

Charity

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
I hear and read all the time about the power of China, North Korea and South Korea in Asia. However, one important country that I think is getting overlooked is one of the oldest power players in Asia and that is India. Does anyone have information on anything that has happened in India lately? I have not see anything, but think any problems that come about in Asia could happen in that region and not around North Korea or China like so many people believe.

tipoywizard

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Philippines
I think India is essential as a balancing power in Asia. Second to China it is the world largest in terms of population and it is one of the largest economies in the world. I think India slows its military development for past years because its economy starts to grow slowly. It needs to focus first in reviving its economy before building up again its military capabilities. But now it seems that India recovers it economic might by growing its economy in a higher percentage last year so we expect that its military power will be the next focus.

Waynefire

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
As India regains its economy though Tip, do you think India will start to want to expand some? I remember in the 80s I think, they were trying to get the Kashmir region. Is this something that you think will happen or do you think India will be happy with what they already have? The region itself is already unstable with Pakistan and Afghanistan having so much turmoil.

dyanmarie25

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
Philippines
As I have observed, India is now improving in terms of their economic and technology advancement. Lots of call centers are based in India, jobs are being outsourced to them, and in some way, it helps boost their economy.

DeltaForce103

THINK TANK
Reactions
62 2 0
Country
India
China, North Korea, South Korea and Japan are all East Asian countries. India is geographically distant from and largely uninvolved in the territorial disputes and maritime claims currently receiving international attention in the region.

Information on anything that has happened in India lately? That's a rather vague question. If you mean border conflicts, India has major territorial disputes with China and Pakistan, with several wars fought over their control. There have been several skirmishes and firing exchanges at the India-Pakistan border of late, and tensions have risen as both India and China are rapidly building infrastructure within each other's territorial claims.

It's possible, as an absolute worst-case scenario, that nuclear war could break out between India and Pakistan and start a domino effect by roping in neighbouring countries, particularly China considering their relations with Pakistan.

US foreign policy is gradually shifting towards a strategic relationship with India and has become increasingly supportive of its interests, due to the country being a necessary counterweight to China's economic and military influence in Asia.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
India is smart. It's calculating its moves very well. Like many Asian countries, India doesn't get along with China. The latter's increased military activity at Scarborough Shoal has made it difficult for the second most populated country in the world to pass through Southeast Asian trade routes, what with Chinese ships blocking their way. There were close encounters between Indian and Chinese naval forces and India had once vowed to put China in its place. Anyhow, when it comes to nuclear technology and arms, you can guarantee that India has a number of homegrown weapons. Unlike other countries, however, they're more discreet about the development process.