Indian Army pilot killed on birthday as Cheetah helicopter crashes in Bhutan | World Defense

Indian Army pilot killed on birthday as Cheetah helicopter crashes in Bhutan

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Indian Army pilot killed on birthday as Cheetah helicopter crashes in Bhutan
An Indian Army chopper crashed in Bhutan on Friday. Two pilots - one from Indian Army and one from Bhutanese Army - have been killed on the spot.
Manjeet Singh Negi
New Delhi
September 27, 2019

Two pilots were killed on Friday after an Indian Army helicopter crashed in Bhutan. The deceased pilots have been identified as Lieutenant Colonel Rajneesh Parmar of the Indian Army and Captain Kalzang Wangdi of Bhutanese Royal Army. It was Lieutenant Colonel Rajneesh Parmar's birthday on Friday.
The chopper, Indian Military Training Team's Cheetah, was en-route from Khirmu (Arunanchal Pradesh) to Yongfulla (Bhutan) on duty when it crashed into a hill at around 1 pm.
The sources told India Today TV that the incident took place when the Indian Army chopper was approaching Yongfulla for landing, but instead, it crashed into the nearby hill Khentongmani. Both Indian and Bhutanese army officers were killed on the spot.
"An Indian Army Helicopter crashed at 1 pm near Yongphulla in Bhutan. The helicopter went out of radio and visual contact soon after 1 pm. It was en-route from Khirmu (Arunanchal Pradesh) to Yongfulla on duty," Col Aman Anand, Indian Army Spokesperson said.
Col Aman Anand added that a ground search and rescue operation was launched from Yongfulla and the wreckage was located.

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
I do not know whether to laugh or pass my condolences to the family of the pilot. India should recognize this issue of birds falling with no apparent reason and fix it.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I do not know whether to laugh or pass my condolences to the family of the pilot. India should recognize this issue of birds falling with no apparent reason and fix it.
It is truly sad, that corruption and red tape, costs peoples lives.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
About 4 1/2 decades ago I read an article in readers digest---an american race car driver stating something about race cars---.

If I remember clearly---it was something like this---" a race car tells the driver about 1/2 an hour early when it is going bad---"---it is upon the driver to understand the message---.

A machine like a helicopter sometimes faces mechanical issues that result in instantaneous disasters---an immediate loss of power due to structural failure of transmission case---micro cracks suddenly growing and breaking apart the casing---.

Micro cracks in casings are not visible during regular maintenance.

Last edited:

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
About 4 1/2 decades ago I read an article in readers digest---an american race car driver stating something about race cars---.

If I remember clearly---it was something like this---" a race car tells the driver about 1/2 an hour early when it is going bad---"---it is upon the driver to understand the message---.

A machine like a helicopter sometimes faces mechanical issues that result in instantaneous disasters---an immediate loss of power due to structural failure of transmission case---micro cracks suddenly growing and breaking apart the casing---.

Micro cracks is casings are not visible during regular maintenance.
Metal fatigue, is usually dealt with under preemptive maintenance. You know certain parts will have issues after "X" number of hrs, so you replace them.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
Metal fatigue, is usually dealt with under preemptive maintenance. You know certain parts will have issues after "X" number of hrs, so you replace them.

Hi,

But then sometimes there are catastrophic failures---due to defect in workmanship---which don't show up on inspection---.