Indian modification of T-90 Tank | World Defense

Indian modification of T-90 Tank

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Can someone explains what is motivation behind this modification done to t-90?

india.png

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I have no idea what they been smoking those who came up with such modification.

Nilgiri

BANNED
Reactions
224 22 0
Country
India
Can someone explains what is motivation behind this modification done to t-90?

The attached chairs on the outside? Quite standard thing done for observer seating for Generals et al. given the cramped quarters inside the tank (esp operational exercise mode). They are removed obviously afterwards for deployment.

That is quite strange looking tank with a mounted gun!

Heavy machine gun RWS, mostly for AA use.

What is ONE FOR ALL printed on the turret?

Maybe musketeers inspired motto for that tank squad....All for one, one for all!

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
The attached chairs on the outside? Quite standard thing done for observer seating for Generals et al. given the cramped quarters inside the tank (esp operational exercise mode). They are removed obviously afterwards for deployment.

Heavy machine gun RWS, mostly for AA use.

Maybe musketeers inspired motto for that tank squad....All for one, one for all!

Has this modification been approved or is it something that Indian army would test and then decided? I find this to be a breach of the safety protocol followed by most world militaries.

Nilgiri

BANNED
Reactions
224 22 0
Country
India
Has this modification been approved or is it something that Indian army would test and then decided? I find this to be a breach of the safety protocol followed by most world militaries.

Soldiers on the field sit directly on the tank in much more dangerous spots (i.e on the hull in front of the turret and gun etc) to use the tank as a personnel carrier etc I have seen in many worldwide battle situations....there are safety protocols/common sense (hopefully) made aware to tank crew regarding those situations.

I don't see any real safety protocol being violated with the seats, I think its dealt with by putting the tank as observer status "mode", so it will not fire anything, RWS will be locked/turned off etc.. and turret will be locked given it looks like given there's someone standing behind them too. I remember they did this kind of arrangement for non military VIP having a ride/tour on it too, like President, defence minister etc.

A123

Reactions
212 4 0
Country
Malaysia
This tank has been assigned the role that of an "inspector" tank during military exercises to help achieve the analyzation of military's coordinated efforts

This tank's run is valid only during exercises = Detect/discover/distinguish & discern.

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
This tank has been assigned the role that of an "inspector" tank during military exercises to help achieve the analyzation of military's coordinated efforts

This tank's run is valid only during exercises = Detect/discover/distinguish & discern.

That is now makes more sense.