Indian 'sex offender' forced to bend over to be smacked by women | World Defense

Indian 'sex offender' forced to bend over to be smacked by women

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
9c79b47a-5e50-4e06-bec5-38acce5cb4f2_16x9_600x338.jpg

Virat Dhoni was stopped after the group of teenage girls complained to a police officer he had been wolf whistling, cat calling and shouting at them. (Courtesy: CEN)

By Staff writer | Al Arabiya News
Tuesday, 6 January 2015

Is this India’s new, creative way of disciplining sex offenders?

A man, 23, accused of sexually harassing several young women in central India was reportedly forced to bend over in the middle of a public street to have his buttocks smacked by a group of angry schoolgirls.

Pictures of the incident have gone viral online and show a female police officer holding the accused, Virat Dhoni, down and seemingly encouraging the girls to hit him.

(Courtesy: CEN)

Dhoni was stopped after the group of teenage girls complained to Police Sub-inspector Monica Singh he had been wolf whistling, cat calling and shouting at them.

Singh reportedly carried out the punishment first before letting the girls spank Dhoni.

“I had a choice,” Mail Online reported Singh as saying. “I could take him to court and watch as he wriggled off the hook, or I could hand out some justice then and there.”

Dhoni reportedly complained to authorities saying that the punishment was humiliating and that he should have been charged and taken to court instead.

“I felt shamed by standing there while these women hit me. I hadn't laid a finger on them and it is not a policewoman's job to decide who is and who is not guilty,” Mail Online quoted him saying.

But judges rejected his claim, saying he had deserved the spanking. “He had tormented his victims in public with his whistling and cat calls, and he was punished in public. It was fitting,” said the ruling, according to Mail Online.

Last Update: Tuesday, 6 January 2015 KSA 13:47 - GMT 10:47
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/var...rced-to-bend-over-to-be-smacked-by-women.html

cyberpinoy

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Philippines
I love this, I wish all crimes were treated this way. Instant gratification for the victims, no squirming gout of a situation for the guilty parties. I like it even more that the judge defended the enforcers in a just and fair way as well. More countries should follow this situation. Because you know what, at the end of the day this man will most likely not be whistling at girls on the street anymore.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Serves the man right. After harassing the girls he had the temerity to complain? That judge was pretty lenient. The man should have been charged with sexual harassment if the girls were willing to testify [against him] in court. I think this kind of punishment should be adopted elsewhere. Public humiliation is a great deterrent for offenses such as these.

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
I can't help but find this article hilarious. Even though the tradition and severe punishes are served in that part of the world, it's good to see that some that some justice...has been served

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
What an exemplar punishment, great job from the authorities. Next time he thinks about to harass girls he will remember this and most likely he will never do it again.

joshua minaya

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
9c79b47a-5e50-4e06-bec5-38acce5cb4f2_16x9_600x338.jpg

Virat Dhoni was stopped after the group of teenage girls complained to a police officer he had been wolf whistling, cat calling and shouting at them. (Courtesy: CEN)

By Staff writer | Al Arabiya News
Tuesday, 6 January 2015

Is this India’s new, creative way of disciplining sex offenders?

A man, 23, accused of sexually harassing several young women in central India was reportedly forced to bend over in the middle of a public street to have his buttocks smacked by a group of angry schoolgirls.

Pictures of the incident have gone viral online and show a female police officer holding the accused, Virat Dhoni, down and seemingly encouraging the girls to hit him.

Dhoni was stopped after the group of teenage girls complained to Police Sub-inspector Monica Singh he had been wolf whistling, cat calling and shouting at them.

Singh reportedly carried out the punishment first before letting the girls spank Dhoni.

“I had a choice,” Mail Online reported Singh as saying. “I could take him to court and watch as he wriggled off the hook, or I could hand out some justice then and there.”

Dhoni reportedly complained to authorities saying that the punishment was humiliating and that he should have been charged and taken to court instead.

“I felt shamed by standing there while these women hit me. I hadn't laid a finger on them and it is not a policewoman's job to decide who is and who is not guilty,” Mail Online quoted him saying.

But judges rejected his claim, saying he had deserved the spanking. “He had tormented his victims in public with his whistling and cat calls, and he was punished in public. It was fitting,” said the ruling, according to Mail Online.

Last Update: Tuesday, 6 January 2015 KSA 13:47 - GMT 10:47
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/var...rced-to-bend-over-to-be-smacked-by-women.html

This certainly sounds very hilarious.

globulon

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Canada
This is hilarious, thank you for sharing the story! The perpetrator will likely think twice before continuing his behavior. Although I hope public humiliation will not drive him into worse acts.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Oh this really is fantastic news, really funny too! What a perfect punishment that was, I doubt he'll ever do something like that again! Unless he secretly enjoyed the spanking, of course....

Stims

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Classic punishment, works much better than a slap on the wrist i'm sure. The only worrying thing is what if this guy was turned on by such humiliation?

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
That sex offender really deserves it. Sex offence I think is among the most unforgivable and traumatising crime that shouldn't be simply overlooked. I am not sure which is worse if that is to be murdered or be raped slash abused. But when you are murdered you wouldn't be able to feel anything. You are dumb. What else would you feel? Unlike when you are abused and traumatised you are just going to live with the pain and deal it with all your might, which isn't easy which just feels like as if you are repeatedly being murdered which for me is really tragically unimaginable.

galmal

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
Yeah!! My hat's off to the female police officer. I think this is a great way to deal with this type of harassment. Put the shoe on the other foot and let him see what's it like to be demean, belittled and embarrassed in public. Maybe he'll think twice about such bad behavior in the future.

d4rk3n

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
India
In case no one's Indian here, I wanted to point out a funny coincidence here.
The name of the guy is virat dhoni. The first name is the same as virat kohli, and surname is same as that of m. s. dhoni, both are famous cricketers here.
Quite certainly the name is fake. But the choice of name was hilarious.

By the way, to ot, I think this was a step in the right direction for us. The cases of women molestation are quite high in India. Such cases help to instill a sense of fear in the offenders.

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
Am I the only one who feels this is a bit of an excessive punishment for the supposed crime that occurred? Cat calls and wolf whistles and now the guy is being physically assaulted in the street by not only the police, but pedestrians are being encouraged to assault him by the police as well. This wasn't a case where a man physically assaulted a girl/woman and was then assaulted in turn, as far as the article goes.

Then again it is a MailOnline article which is little more than an online tabloid. I wouldn't be surprised if the pictures were staged and the whole thing never occurred.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Am I the only one who feels this is a bit of an excessive punishment for the supposed crime that occurred? Cat calls and wolf whistles and now the guy is being physically assaulted in the street by not only the police, but pedestrians are being encouraged to assault him by the police as well. This wasn't a case where a man physically assaulted a girl/woman and was then assaulted in turn, as far as the article goes.

Then again it is a MailOnline article which is little more than an online tabloid. I wouldn't be surprised if the pictures were staged and the whole thing never occurred.

Reap what you sow. That what its all about.

@DeltaForce103 can either confirm or denies the credibility of this news.