Indian 'sex offender' forced to bend over to be smacked by women | Page 2 | World Defense

Indian 'sex offender' forced to bend over to be smacked by women

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
Reap what you sow. That what its all about.

Thats my point, he didn't "reap what you sow" as he never physically assaulted them while they did physically assault him. If they had followed him around verbally harassing him than it would have been a fair punishment.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think it probably did happen. It may well be the case that the policewoman in question had had enough of being sexually harassed herself and decided to take it out on this perp. Lord help her children should they misbehave!

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
Am I the only one who feels this is a bit of an excessive punishment for the supposed crime that occurred? Cat calls and wolf whistles and now the guy is being physically assaulted in the street by not only the police, but pedestrians are being encouraged to assault him by the police as well. This wasn't a case where a man physically assaulted a girl/woman and was then assaulted in turn, as far as the article goes.

Then again it is a MailOnline article which is little more than an online tabloid. I wouldn't be surprised if the pictures were staged and the whole thing never occurred.
I really don't know how I feel about this article and what happened. Honestly, it makes me uncomfortable to think that a man was punished in this way. If someone commits a crime, then sentence them to prison, not something like this! Having a bunch of school girls smack the butt of a grown man on a crowded street is just awkward and strange, and I would be very confused if this was happening while I was there to watch!

d4rk3n

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
India
I won't deny that the punishment was a little bit excessive. But in India, these guys are everywhere. Some men pretend they have never seen a women, often commenting things about her in public. A lot of people usually just laugh and leave it, but we don't know how humiliating it might be. I think this incident might serve as a warning to these guys.

starburstlateral

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Ireland
If the reports are to be believed, and I have no reason to doubt them, then this guy was causing harassment. He may have been dealt a bad hand... I mean that's a pretty strange form of punishment... but I'm sure it wasn't without cause. With the sexual violence that is reported coming out from India it's a welcome twist.

Though I don't have any confidence in it preventing a horrific attack by a psychotic individual, it may be a deterrent to harassment or "cat-calling" on the street. The lawmaker's arm needs to be twisted and tougher penalties applied.

skipper

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
Am I the only one who feels this is a bit of an excessive punishment for the supposed crime that occurred? Cat calls and wolf whistles and now the guy is being physically assaulted in the street by not only the police, but pedestrians are being encouraged to assault him by the police as well. This wasn't a case where a man physically assaulted a girl/woman and was then assaulted in turn, as far as the article goes.

This is more in line with my feelings as well.

What message are they sending that women should be permitted to assault men - that anyone should be able to assault anyone, really - over disgusting words? I'm going to have to assume this is a cultural thing and that I'm not understanding this in the proper context. It's my understanding that India has problems with sexual violence against women and so his behavior is particularly vile, but it rubs me the wrong way regardless.

ClassyTulip

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
Indian 'sex offender' forced to bend over to be smacked by women
9c79b47a-5e50-4e06-bec5-38acce5cb4f2_16x9_600x338.jpg

Virat Dhoni was stopped after the group of teenage girls complained to a police officer he had been wolf whistling, cat calling and shouting at them. (Courtesy: CEN)

By Staff writer | Al Arabiya News
Tuesday, 6 January 2015

Is this India’s new, creative way of disciplining sex offenders?

A man, 23, accused of sexually harassing several young women in central India was reportedly forced to bend over in the middle of a public street to have his buttocks smacked by a group of angry schoolgirls.

Pictures of the incident have gone viral online and show a female police officer holding the accused, Virat Dhoni, down and seemingly encouraging the girls to hit him.

(Courtesy: CEN)

Dhoni was stopped after the group of teenage girls complained to Police Sub-inspector Monica Singh he had been wolf whistling, cat calling and shouting at them.

Singh reportedly carried out the punishment first before letting the girls spank Dhoni.

“I had a choice,” Mail Online reported Singh as saying. “I could take him to court and watch as he wriggled off the hook, or I could hand out some justice then and there.”

Dhoni reportedly complained to authorities saying that the punishment was humiliating and that he should have been charged and taken to court instead.

“I felt shamed by standing there while these women hit me. I hadn't laid a finger on them and it is not a policewoman's job to decide who is and who is not guilty,” Mail Online quoted him saying.

But judges rejected his claim, saying he had deserved the spanking. “He had tormented his victims in public with his whistling and cat calls, and he was punished in public. It was fitting,” said the ruling, according to Mail Online.

(Courtesy: CEN)

Last Update: Tuesday, 6 January 2015 KSA 13:47 - GMT 10:47
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/var...rced-to-bend-over-to-be-smacked-by-women.html
Lol, literally! Although I encourage these types of shameful punishments for crimes such as what's been portrayed in this article, the women smacking the "sex offender" on his behind are behaving no better than he has. Holding a sign in the middle of a crowded market place full of women saying," I'm a sex offender and I'm sorry", might have been more appealing. I think that this type of behavior is turning victims into criminals. No one has a right to put their hands on anyone.

ClassyTulip

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA

Then again it is a MailOnline article which is little more than an online tabloid. I wouldn't be surprised if the pictures were staged and the whole thing never occurred.
I feel the same way, no one should put their hands on anyone. That's uncalled for! That is a disgrace that they are humiliating that man by assaulting him in the middle of the street. They should have humiliated him in another manner. I do believe that he should feel some type of shame for what he did, but not by being assaulted by multiple people.

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
Is it strange that I don't even feel like this is funny, just incredibly uncomfortable? It just doesn't seem like a mature way to resolve an issue like this. If there's a man who is a sex offender, obviously he needs a punishment, but prison is punishment enough! It just seems incredibly unnecessary for an Indian police officer to allow these school girls to hit and spank this man in the middle of a crowded street.

TheSilentKid

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
Philippines
Kudos to the female police officer. Looking at the guy, I'd say he's around 25 or 30 years old? And cat calling and wolf whistling on a bunch of teenagers? -_-. I think it's a good thing the police officer decided to hand out justice then and there rather than wait to see him reason it out with the court and possible end up without being punished.

Serves him right to be shamed in front of all those people who saw him getting spanked by all those girls he harrassed.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Nice one. Although if it were up to me, I'd have done more than just smack his buttocks. Can't he be jail even for a few days? People think it's not that big of an offence when someone whistles at you or calls you lewd names. As a female, it's psychologically and emotionally damaging especially when you're still a child. It makes you feel awful about your self. India needs to impose harsher punishments for sex offenders. A Japanese tourist was recently gang-raped but, not surprising, the culprits are yet to be apprehended. Almost every month women, be it Indian citizens or foreigners, are getting raped. Those offenders will never learn their lesson if the government and society continue to be lenient with them.

DeltaForce103

THINK TANK
Reactions
62 2 0
Country
India
Reap what you sow. That what its all about.

@DeltaForce103 can either confirm or denies the credibility of this news.

I can't find any news of this in Indian newspapers. There were a lot of these stories on British tabloids that never showed up in the Indian media, so this could be one of them.

For everyone who's saying that India needs to get its act together in fighting crimes against women, I agree. But it is worth noting, especially for anyone who agrees with @Iranian Knight, that the rape rate in India is much lower than it is in the rest of the world.
Adjusted for population growth over time, the annual rape rate in India has increased from 1.9 to 2.0 per 100,000 people over 2008-2012 period. This compares to a reported rape rate of 1.2 per 100,000 in Japan, 3.6 per 100,000 in Morocco, 4.6 rapes per 100,000 in Bahrain, 12.3 per 100,000 in Mexico, 24.1 per 100,000 in United Kingdom, 28.6 per 100,000 in United States, 66.5 per 100,000 in Sweden, and world's highest rate of 114.9 rapes per 100,000 in South Africa - Wikipedia

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I think the guy deserved it, as he was teasing the women and maybe would of done more if he was not stopped and his family will be disgraced by his behavior and he will face more from them. Men need to control themselves and not think of satisfying their desires when they look at a women, and should respect them as a human being not as a object. He did not have a problem when he was teasing the women, should have thought about what will happen to him when he is caught and punished which did not occur to him.

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
If he was a sex offender, wouldn't they think he might enjoy the smacking? In any case, alot of countries this would have been assault. In India though there is a lot of bad press coming out around this so who knows what laws they have now.

Onionman

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
I know it's going to shame him but it still feels a bit too light-hearted for me. There still needs to be more support from the judicial system and I think he still needs to go to court.