Indians in UAE warned against anti Islamic acts and posts. | World Defense

Indians in UAE warned against anti Islamic acts and posts.

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
lately everywhere even in Canada RSS supporters are spewing hatred against Muslims. Because of so called freedom of speech here they are free to show their hate and ugliness in open.
I am glad the Arab world is starting to see the face of these RSS thugs for what they truly are.

For those who don’t know there is a lot of tension between UAE /Saudis and India lately .
BJP MP’s old tweet copied from a Canadian parasite name Tariq Fateh was used. He then tweeted derogatory comments about Arab women in general
. Lately few Indians have been arrested in UAE forPosting anti Muslim tweets and Dubai police warned Indians that they will be arrested for anti Muslim RSS posts.
And now this......

Good job by Arabs finally ....

1DCCEF89-6C0A-458B-9723-740639F0973A.png

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
I tell you I never likes Gulf countries for their ill treatment of poor workers but this has changed my mind a lot.

“Responding to the development, a number of Twitter users in Arab nations, including a member of the UAE's royal family, expressed their dismay at the ill-treatment of Muslims in India. Last week, Princess Hend Al Qassimi, a member of the UAE royal family, warned that “anyone that is openly racist and discriminatory in the UAE will be fined and made to leave the country”

Responding to the development, a number of Twitter users in Arab nations, including a member of the UAE's royal family, expressed their dismay at the ill-treatment of Muslims in India. Last week, Princess Hend Al Qassimi, a member of the UAE royal family, warned that “anyone that is openly racist and discriminatory in the UAE will be fined and made to leave the country”

D1650452-FE57-43F4-9ACF-6732F4A3B697.png

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Three more Indians in UAE face action over Islamophobic social media posts
List of hate-mongers fired for offensive remarks gets longer, despite warnings
Published: May 02, 2020 16:31Staff Report
1588458179500.png

Dubai: It seems that the warnings of the Indian mission have fallen on deaf ears as the list of Indian expats facing action over vile Islamophobic remarks on social media keeps getting longer.

Over the weekend, at least three more have been fired or suspended after their offensive posts were brought to the attention of employers by social media users.

The men now join nearly half a dozen hate-mongers who have similarly landed in trouble in recent weeks.

The latest addition to the growing list include Italian chef Rawat Rohit, storekeeper Sachin Kinnigoli and a cash custodian whose name has been withheld by his firm.
NAT 200502 INDIA MF4-1588422693220

Transguard Group respond to Twitter users after they tagged the company seeking action against one of its employeesImage Credit: Twitter

Gulf News is refraining from publishing the posts or going into the details of their offensive content.

A spokesperson for Azadea Group that operates Eataly, a chain of high-end Italian restaurants in Dubai, confirmed that Rawat Rohit who was employed with them as a chef has been suspended and is facing a disciplinary probe.

Sharjah-based Pneumics Automation have also said they suspended their storekeeper Sachin Kinnigoli until further notice.
“We have withheld his salary and told him not to come to work. The matter is under investigation. We have a zero tolerance policy. Anyone found guilty of insulting or showing contempt for someone’s religion will have to bear the consequences,” said the firm’s owner.

Similarly, Dubai-based Transguard Group said they have cracked down on an employee who had posted several anti-Islamic messages on his Facebook page under the name of Vishal Thakur.

“Following an internal investigation, the actual identify of this employee was verified and he was stripped of his security credentials, terminated from our employment and handed over to the relevant authorities as per company policy and UAE Cybercrime Law No. 5 of 2012. As of this statement, he is in the custody of Dubai Police,” a Transguard spokesperson said in a statement to Gulf News.

Transguard said their long-standing social media policy complies UAE’s stringent cybercrime regulations.
“It is enforced through regular monitoring, evaluation and, if necessary, disciplinary action, including fines, termination and deportation, as per federal law,” the spokesperson said.

The spokesperson also clarified that an individual reportedly posting hateful comments under the name of Prakash Kumar doesn’t work with them. “Twitter user Prakash Kumar” has falsely claimed that he works for Transguard. As mentioned multiple times, we have handed the matter to the authorities and since this individual is not a Transguard employee we have no further comment on the matter,” the spokesperson added.

Warnings fall on deaf ears
The new sackings and suspensions come days after both the former and current Indian Ambassadors to the UAE cautioned their countrymen about the UAE’s strict hate speech laws. Similar warnings were issued by missions in other GCC countries.

NAT 200502 INDIA MF-1588422689269

A tweet from Pavan Kapoor, Indian Ambassador to the UAE, last month said 'discrimination was against India's moral fabric' and warned citizens to 'remember this'Image Credit: Twitter

Of late, there has been an alarming increase in the number of highly offensive, Islamophobic posts by some Indians living in Gulf countries. Several of these people have lost their jobs while others have swiftly taken down their posts or deactivated their accounts after being called out by other social media users.

Many have tagged the employers of such people in their complaints, who in turn have taken swift punitive action.
NAT 200502 INDIA MF2-1588422691153

Former Indian Ambassador to the UAE Navdeep Suri also provided 'some context' to the 'ongoing controversy' in a series of tweetsImage Credit: Twitter

The issue also gained prominence after some GCC citizens on Twitter entered the debate, and raised their voice against the spread of bigotry online.

Much of the vitriol can be traced to an atmosphere of blind hate against Muslims who have been blamed for the spread of COVID-19 in India.

Strict laws
The UAE outlaws all religious or racial discrimination under a legislation passed in 2015.

The anti-discrimination/anti-hatred law prohibits all acts “that stoke religious hatred and/or which insult religion through any form of expression, be it speech or the written word, books, pamphlets or via online media.”

The legislation mainly aims to fight “discrimination against individuals or groups based on religion, caste, doctrine, race, color or ethnic origin.”

Post at your own peril
Here is the list of some other Indian expats who have landed in trouble for their social media posts:
  • April 18: Prominent Sharjah-based Keratlite businessman and filmmaker Sohan Roy is forced to apologise for a video which depicted Islamic clerics leading blindfolded men in skull caps in an adaptation of his poem on religious bigotry.
  • April 6-15: Technician Rakesh B. Kitturmath, chief accountant Bala Krishna Nakka and finance analyst Mitesh Udeshi are fired for derogatory social media posts that violated the UAE law while a police complaint is filed against Sameer Bhandari, CEO of Future Vision Events & Weddings’ after he asked an Indian Muslim job seeker to “Go back to Pakistan” in text message
  • March 2020: Indian chef Trilok Singh who worked at a restaurant in Dubai is fired for making an online threat to rape Delhi-based law student Swati Khanna over her views on the controversial Citizen Amendment Act.
  • January 2020: Indian expat Jayant Gokhale draws flak for asking Keralite job seeker Abdulla SS to joining protestors in Shaheen Bagh in New Delhi.
  • March 2019: Indian safety and security officer at Transguard Group in Dubai is sacked and deported for posting a comment on Facebook celebrating the terror attacks on New Zealand mosques.
  • June 2018: Rigging supervisor at an Abu Dhabi firm is fired for threatening to kill Kerala chief minister in a facebook video.
  • June: 2018 JW Marriott Marquis Hotel in Dubai terminates contract with Michelin-starred chef Atul Kochhar after he puts up a post on twitter saying that followers of Islam had “terrorised” Hindus for 2,000 years.
  • April 2017: 33-year-old Indian is sacked for sending offensive Facebook messages to Indian journalist Rana Ayyub.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
I tell you I never likes Gulf countries for their ill treatment of poor workers but this has changed my mind a lot.

If you had worked in gulf, you would not have said this!
Gulf State laws do not allow exploitation of even plants... the exploitation stories you are told by propaganda houses are of illegal workers, but than those workers live in hiding and are not in position to go to authorities and report individual cases of exploitation.

Now i ask you, why you have no knowledge of labor exploitation in rest of regional countries, including Pakistan, Iran and India?

As far action on anti Islam remarks is concerned, here as well you came up as ignorant. Action has always been taken in past as well, new is social media remarks, which has simplified the action process and explain the multiplied cases, which has simply highlighted already existing practice /law.

Pakistan embassy staff in gulf are only interested to run tuck shops within and around embassy areas, this is why they don't resolve issues of expatriates quickly and are always keen to find over stayers, whom you designate as exploited labor and there in embassy they get exploited most.

Last edited:

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
If you had worked in gulf, you would not have said this!
Gulf State laws do not allow exploitation of even plants... the exploitation stories you are told by propaganda houses are of illegal workers, but than those workers live in hiding and are not in position to go to authorities and report individual cases of exploitation.

Now i ask you, why you have no knowledge of labor exploitation in rest of regional countries, including Pakistan, Iran and India?

As far action on anti Islam remarks is concerned, here as well you came up as ignorant. Action has always be taken in past as well, new is social media remarks, which has simplified the action process and explain the multiplied cases, which has simply highlighted already existing practice /law.

Pakistan embassy staff in gulf are only interested to run tuck shops within and around embassy areas, this is why they don't resolve issues of expatriates quickly and are always keen to find over stayers, whom you designate as exploited labor and there in embassy they get exploited most.
Each transaction you make at an embassy / consulate, you need to pay community welfare fee. Where does that "fee" go? Nobody knows.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Each transaction you make at an embassy / consulate, you need to pay community welfare fee. Where does that "fee" go? Nobody knows.

I have seen this exploitation, years ago at embassy in Riyadh. I was there to renew my passport.

When i came to KSA for a job, i was forced to undertake life insurance (by state life) with one time payment, i don't know where is that money but i still have that policy papers.
I also had to pay a fee to protectorate office of labor in Pakistan. At least there we were told not punishment of heroin smuggling is death penalty and destroying plants is considered crime. I wonder how that protectorate office handle exploitation news.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia

Sahib, poor treatment of workers or anyone else a citizen or a foreign are punishable by law anywhere in the Gulf countries. There may have been some incidents here and there but who ever was responsible does not represent our society for sure and we all stand against any violation of the law. We have a system that protect individual and if there is a mistreatment, there are courts and justice system there to ensure human integrity are kept to the highest standard. Saudi Arabia has 14 million foreigners living in it, have they all been mistreated? come on now please do not generalize.

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
We have zero tolerance kind of policy, Indians living in GCC will face charges and get expelled if they engage in Islamophobic activity.