India's first nuclear submarine | World Defense

India's first nuclear submarine

sunflogun

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
India has a modernization program that will include a nuclear submarine, a "made in India" project as they call it. It will be used for self-defense, so it's a really valuable asset. Arihant is the name.

Full story.

Saga_of_INS_Arihant.jpg

Bunni

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
Many people don't think of India as a military power in that sphere of the world, but with the continued conflict with Pakistan and military allies all over the world, they are silently introducing new technologies like this every year. I wouldn't be surprised to see them increase their nuclear arsenals and start large recruitment activities, something along the lines of China's recruitment program.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Many people don't think of India as a military power in that sphere of the world, but with the continued conflict with Pakistan and military allies all over the world, they are silently introducing new technologies like this every year. I wouldn't be surprised to see them increase their nuclear arsenals and start large recruitment activities, something along the lines of China's recruitment program.

I, for one, sees India as a crowded country with some provinces suffering from hunger. It is a surprise to me that India has weaponry like that submarine and probably nuclear bombs too. It really makes me wonder why man has the hunger for war when everywhere they look, they see hungry people, homeless people, all sorts of social problems. And yet, war is the first on their agenda.

ke gordon

Reactions
12 0 0
Country
USA
Well India does have a lot of smart people. They have a number of engineers, doctors, and computer experts among the population so I guess it was just a matter of time before they had a sub that met their specifications. I am not surprised by this at all.
India has a modernization program that will include a nuclear submarine, a "made in India" project as they call it. It will be used for self-defense, so it's a really valuable asset. Arihant is the name.

Full story.

Saga_of_INS_Arihant.jpg
[/QUOTE

Bramhdeep Singh

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
India
With the growing closeness between China and Pakistan, the Indians are right to feel threatened. Given that we have fought wars against both these nations, an alliance between our neighbours to the north and the west is against India's best interest. The Indian arsenal is outdated and with the continued tension on the LOC it is no wonder that the DRDO is investing heavily into acquiring new weapons and encouraging indigenous weapon technologies.

sbatz72

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
This seems like it will be a great war assistant for those in India. I am glad to hear they are beginning to get into the game when it comes to advances in technology and war. I do not remember anything from American and World History that tells me anything of India being part of the war.
I think it will certainly be interesting to see the submarine built in and used by residents of India. Even if there is never another war and one that involves India, I think it will be good to see. Perhaps, the US can make a similar weapon. The US seems they are always at war with someone, or at least assisting someone in war. This is not a bad thing. The men and women serving and tragically dying in these wars are doing a great justice to their country. They should of course be commended.