Indonesian Air Force looks to buy from Ukraine

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
Jon Grevatt, Bangkok - IHS Jane's Defence Industry
28 December 2014
The Indonesian Air Force (TNI-AU) has expressed interest in acquiring a range of military products from Ukraine, according to Ukroboronprom, Ukraine's state-owned defence industry holding group.

A statement by the group on 24 December said talks between the two parties earlier in the month highlighted opportunities for defence trade followed by the establishment in Indonesia of joint production facilities. Ukroboronprom said it is "willing to participate" in TNI-AU tenders to supply the services and systems to the TNI-AU.

Military platforms and systems that are the focus of TNI-AU attention, said Ukroboronprom, include air-to-air missiles and radars such as the Kolchuga vehicle-mounted air-surveillance system.
Indonesian Air Force looks to buy from Ukraine - IHS Jane's 360

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
Jon Grevatt, Bangkok - IHS Jane's Defence Industry
28 December 2014
The Indonesian Air Force (TNI-AU) has expressed interest in acquiring a range of military products from Ukraine, according to Ukroboronprom, Ukraine's state-owned defence industry holding group.

A statement by the group on 24 December said talks between the two parties earlier in the month highlighted opportunities for defence trade followed by the establishment in Indonesia of joint production facilities. Ukroboronprom said it is "willing to participate" in TNI-AU tenders to supply the services and systems to the TNI-AU.

Military platforms and systems that are the focus of TNI-AU attention, said Ukroboronprom, include air-to-air missiles and radars such as the Kolchuga vehicle-mounted air-surveillance system.
Indonesian Air Force looks to buy from Ukraine - IHS Jane's 360

Hmmm this is a bit suspicious for me. I didn't know this two countries are in business to begin with. And I don't see a good deal coming out of it because as far as I know, Ukraine is currently in a war right? And Indonesia is somehow tied with Malaysia. I hope I'm making sense here.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
So Ukraine's getting dabbling with the arms business this time? I don't mind if they're doing it to earn more income for their economy. Still, I didn't expect them to do business with Indonesia of all countries. I don't want to read beyond this relationship more than what it really is but why Ukraine? Indonesia, I'm sure, has bought arms elsewhere. Since when did it start buying from Ukraine?