Introducing Russia's 21st Century Armata Tank | World Defense

Introducing Russia's 21st Century Armata Tank

CivilDefense

Reactions
12 1 0
Country
USA
armata_large.PNG

I just finished an interesting article over about Russia's new main battle tank: the Armata. It is armed with a 125 mm main gun, 30 mm cannon, and 12.7 mm machine gun. It also features multilayered armor. It appears the production is slated for 2,300 tanks over the next five years. Details may be seen on The Motley Fool here and at Jane's here.

Just thought I'd pass it along.

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
Why spend so much on this if the economy is dwindling? Sure producing these tanks costs so much that the money used to develop them could have been used to improve the economy. I these things signify power and strength of the country in the face of other countries, but how a country could really be strong in terms of its interior if its own citizens are not happy and not in one with their government? Are the people of Russia really happy? Russian people are talented and Russia itself, but they'd be better and sure, the world would be better if they'd open and share themselves to the world. Russia is an asset! But it alone bears no win to countries that are united with the same cause to improve themselves and improve the world.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
armata_large.PNG

I just finished an interesting article over about Russia's new main battle tank: the Armata. It is armed with a 125 mm main gun, 30 mm cannon, and 12.7 mm machine gun. It also features multilayered armor. It appears the production is slated for 2,300 tanks over the next five years. Details may be seen on The Motley Fool here and at Jane's here.

Just thought I'd pass it along.

Can you please share the details with us here. Post them in the Land warfare section if you don't mind so that we can have a discussion about the tank.

Thank you.

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
This looks like an absolute beast. I wonder how mighty it stands against new american tanks and if the 125mm gun will pay off on the long term. It looks quite fast!

petesede

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
Nice tank, but we will see how many get produced. This is how we won the cold war, we let them outspend their economy on defense with really nice, but never used equipment. Anyone got a comparison against what we have and are making now?